Ride

Together We Make a Family

The thud of the car door pushed the silence of the night away for a few seconds before the silence claimed the night once more. Twirling the keys around his forefinger, he slid them into his pocket while he leisurely walked in the vicinity of the front of the hood of his car.

Slowly, his hands slid into the back pockets of his light jeans, his eyes lifted up to the lit building, every window filled with some sort of light, highlighting all of the windows that scaled the building.

His eyes gently fell from the large building in front of him, moseying over to the passenger side of the car; he leaned against the front quarter panel over the front wheel. Casually, he slid his hands from his pockets and rested them in his lap while he eased himself slowly down onto his car.

Counting the windows from the top, he smiled once he got to the sixth window, knowing that I was currently attending lectures on that floor. Dropping his eyes slowly towards the wedding band around his left ring finger, a stunning yet simple silver ring hugged his finger.

Twisting it gently, his thoughts wandered to the moment when we met till the moment the both of us said our “I dos”.  Inhaling deeply, he pulled out his phone from his pocket trying to distract himself from me.

The light from his phone lit up his face. He slid his finger across the screen to unlock his phone. He smiled when he saw his wallpaper: My tall frame and slender body was like of a Victoria secret model. My large liquid brown eyes, was not like the sea yet calm and emotionless. Long, wavy brown hair, so smooth and silky, it’s almost as if it’s tailored from a bronze fabric. In the picture, I sat down on the bench as I looked out at sea. A small smile gently slid into his face he heard the light tapping of my flats.

“Sorry, I’m a bit late. I had to ask the professor a few questions,” I called out to him as he pushed himself up and slid his phone into the kangaroo pocket of his jacket.

“No worries. It’s a beautiful night,” He slid one hand into his jeans as he grinned cheekily at me. I pressed myself against him for a hug as one of his arms wrapped around me tightly as he kissed the top of my head, "Not as beautiful as you, though" He whispered against my hair. Blush instantly crept onto my cheeks while I rested my head against his shoulder.

"Were you waiting long?" I lifted my head slightly to look him in his beautiful eyes.

"Just a few minutes" He smiled and kissed my forehead. Nodding my head, he patted my back gently as a queue for me to release him from my grip. Complying, my arms dropped from his sides as he slowly lunged over and opened the passenger door with one hand.

"Thank you" I leaned up and kissed him on his cheek before walking around the shiny black door and slipping into the seat. The overhead lights happily lit up the interior of his car while he closed the door securely, walking around the front of the car, his fingers danced on the hood before he opened up the drivers’ side. Sliding into the seat, he glanced over at me and smiled.

“Where to?” He asked as he thought that I might want to go grab something to eat before we went home. Lately, I had been craving for strawberries.

“Home please,” I replied as I placed my bag beside my feet on the floor of the car.

“No strawberries today?” He looked at me after he inserted the keys into the ignition.

“Nope,” I smiled at him, reaching over my shoulder and pulling over my seat belt and buckling it. “Strawberries can wait till tomorrow. I’m so tired today.” Nodding his head slightly at my explanation, he turned the key letting the engine come to life.

Pulling out into traffic, Kai turned the radio on as his left hand rested on top of the wheel while his other hand gently rested on the centre console. Tapping against the leather, he smiled and stole glances of me while the street lights moved through the car and lit up my beautiful face.

"How was your day, love?" He asks softly while he reached out with his free hand and turned the radio down to a dull mumbling of words and melodies over the speakers.

"It was okay, just the same old routine" I sighed, while my fingers ran over the soft leather on the door.

"But what did you do?" He probed with a chuckle lining his words.

"I tell you every day; don’t you get tired of it?" Turning my head, I questioned him as he shook his head with a prominent smile on his face, toning down his smile biting his lip; he glanced over at me once more.

"Tell me again, I like it when you tell me your day" He glanced forward while his foot pressed on the brake.

"Okay," I leaned my head back onto the head rest behind me, “Doctor Kwon talked about the different types of leukemia. He also said that the types of leukemia can be grouped based on the type of white blood cell that is affected. Leukemia can start in lymphoid cells or myeloid cells. Leukemia that affects lymphoid cells is called lymphoid, lymphocytic, or lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia that affects myeloid cells is called myeloid, myelogenous, or myeloblastic leukemia. I didn’t know that are four types of leukemia till today. It’s mind blowing really. My brain nearly exploded knowing that I have to know all like they’re at the tip of my fingertips.”

“Your hand must really hurt from all that writing.” He looked down at my lonely hand in my lap, moving his free hand; he scooped my left hand up in his right one while he placed both of my hands on the centre console. Lacing his fingers between mine his thumb began to move in slow circles on the back of my hand.

"How was your day?" I returned the question.

"Just like all the others," He smiled and started telling me about his day, what the members did and how their comeback was going.

Letting a soft whine escape my lips, I smiled at the feeling of him relaxing your tight hands. Resting my head on the window, I watched the lights move within the car and the traffic lights change from red to green then to yellow but then back to red. The weight of my eyes started to cause my eyes to close, the warmth of the car and the cool window that my head was leaning against, coupled with the one handed massage and the soothing music in the background was a perfect lullaby.

Sleep overtook me quickly, while my husband babbled about his day quietly. Laughing to him, he soon found himself talking onto deaf ears, glancing at me once he stopped the car at the next red light; he smiled to himself seeing me sleeping so peacefully. Leaning over the seat, he gently brushed some of my hairs out of my eyes and tucked them behind the shell of my ear. Easing the massage on my hand to just a gentle brushing of his fingers over mine, a small smile curled onto my lips while I positioned myself against the window.

“Sweet dreams, jagi.” He pressed a kiss on my temple as he continued the drive home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO GUYS! I hope that you enjoyed the chapter. The reason why I've been writing quite a lot today is because I'm trying to distract myself from thinking about my O Level results which I'll collect tomorrow! I'm so nervous just thinking about it DX

I hope all goes well. *Cross fingers*