Two

Together We Make a Family

He carried the toddler and placed her gently on the carpet. Eunjung waddled away from him, heading towards Bom, the rabbit. She ruffled the rabbit’s fur and let out a giggle. Her father on the other hand, released a tired sigh as his landed on the soft ground.

“Mommy’s gone.”

Kai’s eyes trailed over Eunjung’s form as she trotted over to the main door. She placed her hands on the door and tried to push it with all her might. Her big, beautiful brown light brown eyes focused on him. The girl pointed at the door.

Kai bent down till his eyes met Eunjung’s. “Mommy’s gone.”

The toddler’s eyes were downcast and it seemed to grow dim and dark. He patted her head and ruffled her hair in affection.

An idea came to his head. Kai picked her up in his arms and pressed a kiss to both of her cheeks. In an instant, her eyes sparkled, the light making them look alive. Their light brown colour was soft, the exact shade of a latte. A ring of gold hung inside her iris, adding another layer of depth to her already dazzling eyes.

Eunjung began flailing in his arms. Happily, her father let her down. Once her tiny feet reached the ground, she ran away from him. The soft pattering of her feet echoed throughout the house. Kai quirked up an eyebrow at the sudden change in her mood.

Who could resist this face? He smirked to himself and laughed silently.

If his wife was there, he was sure that she would smack him for being thick-skinned. A few more hours and she’ll be back…

When Kai entered the room, he discovered that his daughter was lying flat on the mattress.  She rolled around and giggled at the sight of her father. “Eunjung ah.”

He plopped down beside her. Not long after, he felt his eyelids become heavy.

Oppa, don’t sleep. It’s very dangerous. Try to talk to her as often as possible. His wife’s reminder rang in his head as he felt himself sink deeper and deeper into dreamland.

Not a minute had passed; Kai felt a soft shake and a muffled voice. However, he couldn’t seem to open his eyes.

A few seconds later he felt a hand pressed to his face. He groaned and opened an eye to see Eunjung in front of him.

“Daddy!” She whined, burying her face into his chest.

He closed his eyes again and put a teasing grin on his face. “Eunjung, let daddy sleep. We’ll play later, okay?” Kai covered his face with the pillow and pretended to sleep.

She squealed and sat up straight not before biting the pillow. Eunjung laid on top of her father’s body, her legs hitting his slightly.

Chuckling, Kai flipped to his side and tickled at Eunjung’s sides. She laughed while using her arms to stop him from the impending tickles. He gazed into her hazel brown eyes and squished her cheeks. In return, the girl reached out and pinched her father’s cheeks.

“…love daddy!” she mumbled softly but it was loud enough for him to hear.

Both of their eyes shone brightly, reflecting the warmth of the sun.

He showered Eunjung with kisses. “My baby girl is so clever!”  He exclaimed.

Just like her mommy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

......................................................................................................................................

Hello! A short update but I still hope you enjoy? :D