Tune

Together We Make a Family

I crept towards Eunjung’s room and peeked through the slight opening of the door to the baby’s room. I noticed that she was holding onto the wooden edge of the cot which was painted white.

Eunjung ran her hand over the smooth edge of the wood.

Perhaps if she pulled away from the cot they would be translucent, perhaps they would cast the irrepressible sunlight into the seaside tones they were. The deepest of them was like driftwood, another was the same hue as the sand at Camber, the blue was like the ocean on a cool Autumn day rather than the brilliant blue of the tourist season.

Her mind was imagining the different hues of blue that the cot could have been painted with.

The girl opened wide, yawning with one hand still gripping the cot. She bounced up and down causing her cheeks to move with her as well. Her cheeks were of a smooth caramel colour and bulging, like two fat water balloons just waiting to be popped. In the bright summer sunlight I could just about make out the beginnings of tiny black hairs. But on a cold, dim, sluggish November morning like today, they were creamy and smooth, torturously eye-catching, and ready for a good poke or pinch.

Her eyes formed crescents as she gabbled in her adorable toddler’s gabble. Her head tilted slightly, as if she was deep in thought. That did not last long. Within a split second, she was back to mumbling to herself. I couldn’t help the smile from on my face.

The moment she spotted me spying on her, a slow smile spread across her features. Her smile was warm with a hint of shyness and her lips were like a frozen rose, dangerous but beautiful. Eunjung could see me coming her way. From the bouncy stride she knew there was a grin plastered on my face. She knew that I saw everything she did earlier. Very sneaky…

Eunjung dove into her blankets, attempting to hide from me. “Where are you?” I decided to play along with her game.

While pretending to look for her, I pulled the curtains to the side. The frosted window casted an array of diffused swirls onto the blue vinyl, giving it the impression of being a small sea shimmering in the early autumn light.

I grabbed the blanket which Eunjung was hiding under, earning a squeal from her. The toddler giggled and clapped her hands. She smiled widely and reached out for me. “Good morning!” I chirped as I lifted her into my arms.

The way her lips lifted upward. The way her one dimple crinkled. The way her teeth were perfectly aligned. The warm glow her happiness gave. Her smile was a ray of sunshine, and I was the sunburn. Suddenly, her face was lifted upward and her eyes were half-lidded.

“Hooo~” Eunjung sneezed. I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and grinned. She was so adorable when she sneezed. I nearly swooned but restrained myself. Her cuteness was always so overwhelming.

Placing a kiss on her forehead I whispered, “Let’s wake daddy up.”

Kim JongIn had the kind of face that stopped me in my tracks. I guessed he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. Of course the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made the girls fall for him all the more.  He was handsome alright, but inside he was beautiful. And he was all mine! HAHAHAH.

A prominent jaw curved gracefully around and the strength of his neck showed in the twining cords of muscle that shaped his entire body; strong arms, bold thighs and calves, a firm chest and abdomen.

Currently, he was buried under the wide sheets with pillows surrounding him protectively. I placed Eunjung on the bed. The girl took off before jumping on top of her dad. “Five more minutes!” His voice was slightly muffled against the pillow.

“Daddy! Daddy!” Eunjung called, bouncing up and excitedly jumping up and down in delight.

“Five more minutes!” He sung out. I laughed as he made a face.

I brought Eunjung into my arms as I lay down beside JongIn on the bed. The kid relaxed into my arms so fully it was like we were one organism, melted together. She had a look of contentment on her face.

“One step, two steps tickle me everywhere!” I cupped her cheeks and showered her with kisses. Eunjung flailed wildly in my arms.

Eunjung’s eyes formed crescents as she began to sing. Her hands hitting the air as she tried to form stars. “Twinkle twinkle little star…” I began to sing.

The toddler whined and turned to look at me. “…How I wonder what you – “

Eunjung’s hand slapped my mouth. My eyes widened at her actions. I didn’t know I sounded that bad.

“Twinkle twinkle little star…” sang a deep voice from beside me.

Scrunching up my nose, I narrowed my eyes at him. “Copycat,” I muttered under my breath.

JongIn smiled, reaching his arms out towards his daughter. Her face lit up and she crawled over, snuggling into the crook of his neck.

“Eunjung. Do you want to sing with mommy?” I propped my chin in my hands.

The said girl looked up and shook her head.

I frowned. A bit of my pride got chipped off from Eunjung’s answer.

“Why do you like daddy singing more?” I asked her, genuinely curious.

He gave me a light, teasing glare before replying, “I’m ‘JongIn the Great’ for a reason, jagi.”

I snorted and poked the skin of his stomach in habit. “They say that women have voices that children can sing with more. Something about pitch and tone and all of that musical stuff.”

“Still, I was a singer before,” He rolled his eyes and planted a kiss on Eunjung’s forehead. Then he pulled Eunjung to his chest; putting her on top of him.

“Plus, I am her mommy after all.” I argued, “I was always speaking around her for 9 months.”

“I was around too.” He smirked as he spoke, “She’s heard my voice plenty too.”

“One point goes to Kim JongIn!” I announced lazily.

“Eunjung, chu,” He said, pouting his lips.

The girl leaned over and pressed her lips against his. “Oppa, you don’t have to rub it in my face!”

I pulled the covers back and climbed out of bed. “Where are you going?”

“To make breakfast,” I replied nonchalantly.

At the sound of the word breakfast, Eunjung released herself from her father’s grasp. After placing Eunjung on her feet, the girl dashed towards the kitchen leaving me and JongIn in the bedroom.

Smiling at her enthusiasm, I went to grab a hair tie and proceeded to tie my hair.

“You know,” he said mischievously, pulling me against him, ““I will still love you no matter what your flaws are.” His arm wound around my waist. JongIn’s knuckles brushed my cheek as he leaned in and gave me a chaste peck on the lips.

When he finally drew back I pushed against his chest playfully. “Yeah right,” I snorted.

“Do you want me to prove it to you?” He pressed his lips against my soft one for a delicious kiss. Instinctively, I wound my arms around his neck.

His hands were roaming along my back, trying in some way to bring me closer to his body that I already was. He lifted my legs around my waist just as I pulled away to breathe.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to search his eyes.

“Proving my love to you?” JongIn stopped in the middle of the room and kissed my forehead. “Why? Did you want to do it somewhere else?” He asked with a smirk.

“No!” I blushed and hid my face by his collarbone. I breathed in his musky scent, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

“Come on,” I managed to pull away after a moment. “Let’s go get started on breakfast.”

 

 

 

...................................................................................

Eunjungxmommy moments as well as KaixOC moments !! ^^