Thankful

Together We Make a Family

“Just sit down here and don’t move,” He commanded as he pushed me to sit on the chair.

“But oppa, I’m okay,” I shook my head and flailed my limbs around to convince him that was fine.

He turned to glare on me causing me to freeze in my seat. “Don’t. Move.” He said even more sternly this time.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest.

“When was the last time you had a good night’s sleep?” He asked.

I pressed my lips together and inhaled deeply. I didn’t want to answer that question. Cold sweat glistened on my furrowed brow. With hands clasped tightly in front of slightly bulging stomach I constantly fiddled with my knuckles, weaving my fingers in and out of each other.

He frowned,”When was the last time you had three meals a day?”

I turned away from him. I didn’t want to answer that question either.

“When was the last time you sat down just to relax?” He asked gently.

The sun streamed through the windows, yet my mind was clouded with grey. My mood ricocheted between low and lower. I had no energy or motivation to get done the mountain of work that awaited me. My gaze went to the floor. Still, I chose not to answer him.

“I’m just worried about you,” He sighed again.

He sat in front of him and lifted my chin so that my eyes would lock with his.

“Jagi,” He sighed.

I clenched my hands together and bit my bottom lip hard.

He placed his hands on top of my hands and pried them apart. I stared blankly at the crescents that had formed from the fingernails that dug into my skin. It was amazing that it didn’t break the skin. But the burning sensation was still lingering which confirmed that I was in reality.

He threaded his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand. He raked his fingers through my brown locks and rubbed my stomach lovingly.

“It’s okay to be sad. You don’t have to keep it in.”

My eyes started to burn again as the trapped tears began to resurface.

“Yah.” His voice was soft. He had shifted from his seated position to a kneeling position.

“You can tell me. I’m your husband after all,” he told me.

His voice washed over me in waves.

I couldn’t see his face. I didn’t know what kind of expression he was displaying as I was hiding behind a curtain of hair. And he couldn’t see my face either.

I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt hot tears rolling down from my eyes. My body shook and my voice quivered.

My hands reached up to clutch at the hair that fell in my face. The tears ran between my fingers to drop on my dress.

The soft touch of the pad of his thumb brushed across my cheeks. He continued to slowly brush my tears away with his thumb.

“Are you feeling better now?” He smiled at me.

The concern was written all over his face. The hazel brown pools seemed to go on forever. His eyes seemed to see right through me.

He blinked and I shut my eyes.

There was no way to lie to him. Not to Kai.

I opened my eyes slowly, gaining confidence to look at him in the eye. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

The hope that had been swimming in his eyes had dim. His chin dropped and he stared at my knees.

I wanted to think that I was strong. However my tightening throat and chest were starting to become unbearable as my breath shortened, making my head go dizzy. I gripped the side of the stool to keep my balance. When I finally relaxed my lips to see if I could breathe better that way, an unexpected sob left my tight throat, the sound quickly resonating through the quiet room.

Too mentally exhausted from trying to control my distress, my silent attempt to not end up crying failed right when I felt my shoulders starting to quiver discreetly and easily developing into more violent shakes.  The waterline of my brown eyes immediately stung as more sobs followed, but somehow the tears wouldn’t fall, which worsened every bad feeling settled inside of me.

 It was when I was growing desperate that a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist, being followed by a chin resting tenderly over my shoulder. I stood there motionless, my body shaking lightly while Kai’s steady breathing softly hit my cold skin.

Then, he broke the silence by murmuring, “It’s okay, you can cry now.” It was unbelievable how his words worked on me. Just as if he had me on a string, everything he said made my body reply with some reaction. A pounding heart, a genuine smile, flushed cheeks or a shy giggle.

 And as if that string was still controlling me, his words worked like a spell and the tears that were refusing to fall, promptly streamed down on my cheeks, covering them with the hot liquid loaded with my sad feelings. The sobs became uncontrollable and in the blink of an eye, Kai turned me around so I could hide my face into his inviting and safe broad chest. My hands roamed until they rested on his lower back, clutching onto his sweater as if my life depended on this.

Kai could feel his blue sweater getting soaked with my tears but he couldn’t care less. The only thing he could think about was soothing my pain, no mattering how. I was always so willing to help him after his late night practices, and now he wanted to be helpful as well. Not only to return the favour, but because he hated seeing me so fragile and hurt. He liked my daring smiles and strong gazes, and the vision of a vulnerable version of me was scaring him. That’s why he wasn’t saying anything, only holding me as close as possible while caressing me back in gentle circular motions.

He attempted to put his arms around me but my belly got in the way as it had been doing for the past few months.

“Come on baby, appa just wants to give omma a hug. Must you come between us?” He spoke quietly into my hair, almost reverently towards the small life that was inside me.

I giggled into his sweater and inhaled his scent.

“Thank you oppa,” I murmured and clung onto him tighter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.

--Ralph Marston

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :DD I would love to know what you think about this chapter. I absolutely adore your comments. They're so cute!

This quote really means a lot to me. I apologise if there are any grammatical or spelling mistakes ^___^  

See you guys soon <3