Pink or Blue?

Together We Make a Family

***This chapter is about OC’s and Kai’s first child (It’s actually about Eunjung before she was born XD)

 

“WHAT?!” Chanyeol oppa shouted in shock.

I winced as I pulled my phone away from my ear. I placed the phone back to my ear with a frown on my face. “Yah Park Chanyeol ssi.”

“Sorry, but can you repeat that once more? I don’t think I heard it well.” Chanyeol oppa requested.

I rolled my eyes but nonetheless repeated what I said earlier, “I’m pregnant.”

“Alright, alright, you’re pregnant. No biggie.” Chanyeol oppa mumbled.

“WHAT?! ----‘s pregnant?!” Two voices shouted behind Chanyeol oppa, who snapped at them. “SHUT UP?!”

I shook my head as I listened to EXO’s 92 line argue.

It had been a week since Kai and I found out they we were going to have a baby. We were both still excited yet cautious.

I finally decided to tell EXO’s 92 line and tell them the news because they were practically my brothers.

“Yah! Give me the phone!” Chen oppa shouted.

“No! I’m still talking to ----!” Chanyeol oppa argued.

“Give it to me! I’m the oldest among the three of us! ---- ah!” Baekhyun oppa called.

I let out a small laugh hearing my best friends fight over the phone. “Why don’t you guys just put the phone on speaker?” I suggested.

“It is!” The bickering trio chorused.

I raised my eyebrows. “Then why are you three fighting over the phone?”

“Because the one that gets to hold it is a true best friend,” Chen oppa replied.

I clucked my tongue, “You three are so childish that I can’t believe you’re married. Remind me not to visit you guys because I don’t want my child to be as childish as you three.”

“NO! WE’RE SORRY ---- AH! WE’RE SORRY!” The 92 line trio apologized in unison.

I laughed as I shook my head. “You three oppas, I don’t know what I’m going to do with you. I wonder how your wives can handle your non-stop talking. Well, I think I should go now since you guys are arguing.”

“NO! DON’T HANG UP!” They chorused.

“I’m just kidding,” I giggled as I heard the three males sigh in relief on the other end of the phone.

There was a silence that eloped the phone call.

“So…is this what you and Kai were doing during ----‘s university break? Making babies?” Baekhyun oppa blurted. “OW!” He winced as he received two smacks on the head from the other two.

I rolled my eyes at the question knowing that it was something Baekhyun oppa would talk about. “No we were not. We only stayed home,” I replied.

“How old is the baby?” Chen oppa asked.

“Six weeks now,” I replied back.

“Are you excited, ---- ah?” Chanyeol oppa asked.

I bit my lip and swallowed hard. “I’m nervous,” I lied.

Chanyeol oppa could sense that something was wrong. “You’ll be a great mother,” He declared instead.

I smiled softly as I heard that. “You think so?”

“We know so, ---- ah,” Baekhyun oppa said.

I stared at my wedding photograph that hung above the television. “I’m not sure.”

“It’s natural for you to feel that way, ---- ah. I’m sure all first-time mothers feel what you’re feeling. Even Sunny noona told us that but look at her now, she’s very happy being a mother. It seems like you won’t be a good mother but you’ll be wonderful,” Chen oppa stated.

“Don’t you like children, ---- ah?” Chanyeol oppa asked.

“Not really.”

“It’s okay! You’ll change your mind as the pregnancy progresses.” He declared again.

“Are you sure?” I asked, still doubting myself.

“Hey, trust me; I’m your best friend after all!” He joked.

I beamed at his answer.

“---- ah,” Baekhyun oppa called.

“Yes, oppa?” I waited for his reply.

“Just take things slow. Victoria noona is also pregnant and she’s taking it slow.”

“How did Kai react to the new?” Chen oppa asked.

I thought back to how my husband reacted when he found out that I was pregnant. He was on cloud nine, just the happiest person ever.

“He was… ecstatic. He’s really looking forward to be a father.”

“Then I see no problem in the two of you raising the child well,” Baekhyun oppa chuckled.

“---- ah, do you want the baby to be a girl or a boy?” Chanyeol oppa asked finally being able to talk.

It never once occurred to me whether I wanted a boy or a girl. Actually, I didn’t really have a preference. Boy or girl, I would love him or her unconditionally.

“It doesn’t really matter to me. I’ll love my child regardless of the gender,” I answered.

“Well, I hope it’s a girl. I want a niece,” Chen oppa stated.

“Your baby girl and Hyunsik will be a great couple!” Baekhyun oppa added in.

I giggled at what Baekhyun oppa had in mind. I imagined my husband chasing Baekhyun oppa with a broom in an attempt to prevent Baekhyun oppa from brainwashing his son that my baby girl is his lover.

“Kai oppa will not stop bothering you, Baekhyun oppa,” I told him.

“But still, a niece would be nice. I’m tired of seeing boys running around whenever we have a gathering,” Chanyeol oppa sighed.

Then my phone made a beeping noise. I pulled my phone away from me and looked at it to see that Kai oppa was calling me.

A smile stretched across my lip as I placed the phone back on my ear. “My husband’s calling me so I’ll talk to you guys later, okay?”

“Already? Can’t he wait? I thought he said he had dance practice just now?” Chanyeol oppa pouted.

I let out a giggle, “Sorry.”

“It’s okay. Just talk to your hubby. I’m sure he’s anxious to know how you’re doing. “Chen oppa chuckled.

I hung up on my best friends and quickly answered my husband’s call, “Hello?”

“What took you so long to answer?” He asked instead of greeting me.

“I was still talking to my best friends and you know how they are,” I replied.

He chuckled as he nodded as if I could see him. “How are you and the baby doing?” He questioned me.

I placed my hand on my flat abdomen, “Fine. How’s work?”

“Horrible. I’m so bored here,” He sighed.

“It’s only four hours. You’ll be fine.”

“But it’s still long.”

“Oppa, what if one day I had to operate on someone for ten hours straight? Is it not long enough for me?”

Upon hearing that, he huffed but chuckled, “Alright.”

Then silence fell upon the conversation.

“I miss you.” Kai oppa suddenly blurted.

I felt my heart skipped a beat, “I miss you too.”

 

“I’m home,” my husband called as he stepped into the house. However he wasn’t greeted by me like he usually would.

“Jagi?” He called out again as he stepped towards the living room to only see that it was empty. Then something hit him?

What if something happened to his wife and child? He would be alone then.

“Jagi?” He called with more panic in his voice.

“Oppa?” My soft voice was heard when the bathroom door opened and I stepped out.

“---- ah!” He ran up to me tossing his bag aside and pulled me into his embrace.

I was taken aback by the sudden hug, “Uh, welcome home?”

Kai pulled away and searched my face, “Are you okay? Did something happen? Why didn’t you answer when I called your name?”

I frowned, “Can I not use the bathroom? There’s no need to overreact on these kinds of things.”

My husband sighed casting his eyes down, “I’m sorry. I just…I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m sorry.”

I shook my head as I cupped his face, “It’s okay. There’s no need to apologize. I know that you’re worried about me and the baby but we’re fine. Don’t worry about us, okay?”

Kai oppa looked up at me, “Then just promise me that if anything happens, I’ll be the first person you call.”

A smile stretched across my lips and nodded my head in agreement, “I promise.”

HE smiled and leaned in to press his lips against mine. I smiled and kissed him back.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

“Just a little.”

“I’ll go cook something.”

I shook my head. “You don’t need to cook for me. Aren’t you tired?”

“Why not?”

I looked at him doubtfully, “Are you sure?”

He nodded, “I’m sure.”

 

“Oppa, the soup is boiling,” I noted.

Kai oppa spun around and rushed over to the stove. He picked up the spoon and stirred the spoon before turning off the stove. He heaved a satisfied sigh before going back to chopping the carrots.

“I called my best friends today and I told them the news,” I said.

He stopped chopping and looked up at me, “What did they said?”

“They’re very happy for us.”

“Let me guess, they screamed their heads off?”

A giggle escaped my lips as I nodded in agreement, “They sure did.”

He chuckled, “I bet they’re more excited about you than when their wives were pregnant.”

I smiled, “I know. I don’t even want to think about what Tao, Sehun and Lay oppa’s reactions will be.”

“I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to hear the news.”

“Let me ask you a question,” I mused.

He blinked at me, “What is it?”

“Well, it’s not really a question but you have to pick one from the two choices, alright?” I instructed. Kai oppa hummed in agreement.

“Pink or blue?” I asked.

His eyebrows creased into a frown that it looked like his eyebrows were connected into a line, “Huh?”

“Just pick one!” I said firmly, ignoring his question.

“Uh, pink?” he answered unsure to why his wife had asked him to pick a colour.

“So you want a girl?” I questioned.

Kai oppa was taken back from the sudden question, “Do I want a girl?”

“Well, isn’t that the reason why you answered pink?”

He thought about what I had just asked him. Then it finally dawned to him why I asked him to choose either pink of blue. “Ahh, so you wanted to know whether I wanted a boy or a girl?”

“Duh.”

A chuckle escaped his lips as he wiped his hands on the apron before walking over to me. He crouched down and grabbed my hands that were on my lap, “Having a boy or girl is fine with me. I’m not really picky about the gender of the baby. I just love the fact that we are going to have a Kim Jong Kai junior or ---- junior.”

I softened as a smile formed on my lips, “Really?”

He gave my hands a squeeze and pressed a kiss to my temple. “Really.”

“I want a boy though.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..........................................................................

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!

For your information, OC (also known as you) is born in the same year as Kai and Sehun but she's younger than the both of them by a few months. SO that's why she calls her husband "oppa"

:DDD SEE YOU SOON :DDD