Names

Together We Make a Family

"No," I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest. "Just, no."

"But jagi," he whined.

I narrowed my eyes at the person in front of me and turned away from him. "I said no!"

Golden brown carpet of leaves, crunch underfoot, quiver in gusts of wind. Shaggy autumnal decrepitude, dishevelled beauty in gold and scarlet. Earthy smell of autumn, air had the first bite of late autumn, beech tree at the height of its autumnal gold, bathed in the yellow warmth of the autumn sun, air fresh but without a chill. All ten of the EXO members were gathered at my house. According to Baekhyun oppa, as soon to be uncles, they figured that they should help Kai and me come out with baby names. As far as  know, they were of no help at all. Even Kai, my husband.

"We could name him 'Sehun' if you like!" Sehun said nonchalantly.

"No!" Kai pointed a finger at him. "He might end up drinking bubble tea every day like you."

"Hey, he might end up becoming dancers like us," Sehun pouted.

"He might. But that doesn't mean I want to picture your face every time I call my son," Kai stated firmly.

"How about you just name him after me?" Baekhyun oppa suggested.

“Emmm, I have something to say,” I raised my hand. Unfortunately, no one noticed it. I groaned inwardly.

"No!" Kai shot up from the couch. "No!"

Chen laughed, "How about you name him 'Chen'? It's short and sweet."

Tao oppa who had been keeping quiet this whole time suddenly piped in. " 'Tao' isn't that bad of a name."

The copying machine, also known as, Baekhyun immediately mimicked Tao oppa. Baekhyun oppa just had to irritate someone. Tao oppa's eyes flickered for a second. His eyes didn't widen but they hurriedly formed into unnerving slits as he directed his glare at Baekhyun oppa before giving him the ' I'm watching you ' hand gesture.

Even at such an old age, Baekhyun's personality was the same as before. Childish. I looked at the two year old boy cradled in Baekhyun oppa's arms. Secretly, I prayed that he will not turn out like his father.

"Not that one either!" Kai shouted. “I don't want my son running around when he sees a cockroach!"

"Shhhhh! My baby will wake up, you idiot!” Baekhyun oppa smacked Kai on the arm. Hyunsik stirred slightly in Baekhyun oppa's arms. His father gently rubbed his back so that his sleep would not get interrupted.

“But jagi, tell them!”  Kai pleaded, rubbing his hands together.

“Well, your choice was not much better oppa.” I stared at him.

“Then we should just name him ‘Lay’. Then he’ll adore unicorns like me,” Lay oppa beamed.

“All the kids would laugh at him,” Kai retorted and stood up.

I rolled my eyes at how childish they could get. “I have something to say,” I repeated.

My request to speak fell to deaf ears. They were so heated up with choosing baby names that they forgot one important thing. I puffed out my cheeks and clucked my tongue in annoyance.

Suho oppa stood up too. “I think it sounds okay.”

Kai glared daggers into the leader.

“Guys, guys. No need for fighting in front of Minhyuk, Joonhyuk and Hyunsik.” D.O oppa stood between the both of them. After that he dragged the both of them back to their seats.

Minhyuk, Xiumin oppa’s son stood staring. Confused.

I motioned him over and he quickly climbed to sit on my lap even though there was limited space. I wrapped my arms around Minhyuk’s waist as I watched Kai with the other members. I listened the conversation go from Minhyuk to EXO showtime. Then they talked about unicorns and cheese sticks before they moved on to Suho oppa’s wallet. I laughed lightly at some of the things they said.

Finally after a few minutes they slowed down and stopped.

“I miss Kris and Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol oppa muttered.

“We all do,” Suho oppa replied.

The silence was like a restorative draught after the frenetic rush of the day. The silence surrounded us like a fresh, pristine, white blanket of snow on a winter's day. The silence entered my soul like an angel's lullaby, smoothing out the roughness of the day. Silence surrounded us like a stars in a freckled night sky. It felt great to experience silence again.

“Aren’t we forgetting something?” D.O oppa broke the silence.

All of us turned to look at him. My eyebrows were raised. Had they forgotten something? Or had he forgotten something?

“Oh, I know-“Sehun oppa started.

“Why do we keep insisting that the baby in ---- is a boy?” D.O oppa cut into Sehun oppa’s sentence.

“I was about to say that,” Sehun oppa snapped from beside D.O oppa.

Chanyeol oppa’s eyes flickered into realization. “Have you found out the gender of the baby?”

I shook my head and sighed into Minhyuk’s hair.

“Jagi, why didn’t you say so?” Kai asked me gently.

“I was trying to tell you guys that. But you were so caught up in your bickering session that I figured there was no point in telling you. So I decided to continue watching the bickering. It’s quite fun to watch actually. Right, Minhyuk?” I turned to look at the said boy.

Kim Minhyuk was sleeping peacefully in my arms. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. The boy wanted to snuggle closer but was hindered from my protruding belly. Xiumin oppa walked towards me and picked his son up into his arms. Minhyuk scrunched his nose cutely earning an ‘awwww’ from the rest of the members.

“It would be great if ---- gets a baby girl,” Baekhyun oppa chimed.

Kai stared blankly at his hyung. “Why?”

“Then Hyunsik and your daughter can get married together,” Baekhyun oppa clapped his hands together.

Kai blinked repeatedly before his gaze darkened and he looked like he was about to descend on his hyung. Quickly, Chanyeol oppa moved towards him before he could strangle Baekhyun oppa.

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun. I don’t want your child anywhere within ten feet of my baby girl. Especially when they grow up. I don’t need grandchildren with your dirty genes,” Kai sneered.

I snickered. Now they think my baby is a girl.

Baekhyun oppa pressed his lips into a thin line. “It’s hyung to you, chocolate boy!”

It was amazing really. How they talked about baby names a minute ago and now they were talking about marriage.

“Auntie ----, what are the uncles talking about?” A small voice questioned me.

Suho oppa’s son looked at me with his hazel brown eyes. I laughed and gently pinched him.

“I have no idea,” I cocked my head to the side slightly. Sometimes, I do not understand them at all. They can talk about anything and still bicker and diss each other. Boys will be boys.

“Do you want something to eat?” I asked.

The boy nodded excitedly and happily accepted my extended hand.  Both of us headed towards the kitchen. I glanced at the living room to see if anyone else followed us. Nobody did.

And the bickering continued a long time after that.

“Don’t worry baby. Oppa will cover your ears when the uncles make noises,” Joonhyuk pressed a kiss to my stomach.

He was really too sweet.

Joonhyuk beat my husband hands down. Sorry oppa. But the champion for sweet-talking goes to Joonhyuk. Not you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

HELLO guys. I wanted to update A Brother's Love but I had no mood to do it XD. This is my favourite chapter from this series. I think Baekhyun will still be as annoying and irritating when he is a dad ^^ I'll try to update tomorrow. I hope that you enjoyed the chapter :))