Nightmare

Together We Make a Family

We sat at either end of the sofa. My left foot was under Kai’s . His hand absently massaged my calf. The movie we were watching was one that we’d both seen at least half dozen times.

Even if it was the first time I was seeing it, I would have still had a hard time focusing on the movie. My gaze continued to drift to his profile. It still seemed impossible that he found me attractive.

Kai reached over and turned off the light on the end table next to him. They’d closed the vertical blinds on the sliding glass door some time ago. The only light left on was the one in the kitchen, and the shadows stretched over us. He looked at me and I felt the tug low in my belly. He wanted me and I wanted him. A commercial came on.

“I used to hate commercials.” I inched toward him. “But they do have their pulses.”

Leaning in, I started to close the space between my lips and his, my head tilted the other way, while he ghosted his lips over mine. Tilting my head up a little bit, I pressed my lips on his, almost instantly his grip tightened on me, his lips pressed against mine for a small moment before they started to massage mine gently. Following his lead, I brushed my fingers against his exposed skin, causing his heart beat to race and his kiss become more passionate and deep. Snaking his hands to my hips, he lifted me so that I was on top of him.

The commercial ended. I slowly drew back on the sofa. He caught my ankle and put my foot on his lap.

“Should we continue with the movie?” Kai said gently.

“No,” I whispered back.

“I was hoping you’d say that.” He took me in his arms and softly kissed my lips. My mouth was soft, my tongue playful, dancing with his until he groaned in frustration. Kai smiled against my lips and brought his hands to rest them on my back, pushing me nearer to close the gap between the both of us. With his body pressed against mine and mine against his, I could feel both of our hearts beat in rhythm with each other, knowing that I was just in love with him as he was in love with me.

“That was exactly the answer I was looking for,” he whispered, his breath sending shivers down my spine. His hand slid up the inside of my leg, sending shock waves through my body…shock waves that immediately turned to panic at the sound of a baby’s cry. Kai immediately withdrew his hand and headed towards the bedroom. I sat bold upright and glanced at the clock. 11.30pm.

“What was that?” I mumbled. I walked down the hall and noticed that the bedroom door was open.

Kai was already beside Eunjung, rubbing her back to soothe her. I saw her bottom lip quiver and then she was crying into Kai’s chest.

I reached out and smoothed her hair and to wipe the beads of sweat on her forehead. “Hey sweetie, having a bad dream?”

I kissed her cheek and Kai kissed her other cheek. Eunjung lower lip trembled and tears came streaming down her rosy cheeks. I laughed silently and Kai only sighed.

 He kissed the top of Eunjung’s forehead and rubbed small circles on her back, humming slightly. I walked to the other side of the bed and sat to observe the father daughter pair. I grabbed Eunjung’s small hand and began to rub small circles into her palm. Her small hand clutched my finger tightly, afraid that the nightmares might return again.

“You don’t have to be afraid,” I whispered to Eunjung. Her eyelids began to flutter.

“We’ll keep the nightmares away for you,” Kai kissed her forehead. 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! I hope you like this chapter of daddy Kai even though it's very short. I apologize for the short chapter! Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting :D Your comments make me happy ^^ 

I won't be updating anymore this week (I think) as I'm going for a holiday. But if I do have time I'll try to squeeze one short chapter :P See you soon