Meaning

Together We Make a Family

A low, rumbling sound weaved its way through my belly.

I caressed my belly softly and a smile played on my lips when I felt the girl kick in.

“Isn’t it a bit early for you to be up, baby?” I said, looking down at my big bump.

I grinned and averted my sight to the laptop in front of me.

“I just need to finish off this assignment, then I’ll be able to play with you.” I giggled at my own reply.

Without wasting anymore time, I began to type and later on edit my assignment. Slowly, I eyed the calendar on my left. A few more weeks till I’m due… A few more weeks till I graduate from medical school. My trail of thoughts were interrupted when I felt some footsteps approach me. I turned around and saw that my husband was approaching me.

Kai walked to my side and leaned closer to my belly and placed his hand softly on it.

“Baby girl, I missed you!” He raised my loose t-shirt and kissed my belly. I looked down at my husband with tenderness and then I faced the laptop once again.

He stood straight looking at me and then walked behind me. Kai slipped his hands softly around my belly careful enough to not put any pressure, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“What are you doing, Mrs Kim? I mean Dr Park (OC’s name is Park ----),” He smirked and planted a kiss in the crook of my neck.

I squeezed his hands which were on my stomach. “My assignment is due on Monday and I’m not a doctor till three weeks later.”

Kai pressed his lips to my forehead. “Anyhow, I’m still very proud of you. I shall not disturb you then, Dr Park.”

I smacked his arm lightly and rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

 

With a small chuckle, I placed a soft hand over the large bump, rubbing circles around the side of my stomach. The sound gurgled to a stop and laid at rest. A black head turned towards the strange sounds, and the handsome face gave a crooked smile.

“Hungry?” He asked softly, padding over to join my sitting form on the couch. It was a lazy day today; we were both off work and with nothing left to do, sat around the house and admired the way the sun’s rays streaked through the windows and the smells of fresh flowers and clear air wafting throughout our home.

“Not really, but I think Baby is,” I smiled, my eyes forming crescents.

Kai’s eyes crinkled as he smiled and joined my lonesome hand to rub soothing circles, calming down the noises that had started up again. The mumbling melody resonated through my body.

“You know, we should start coming up with some names. I’m honestly a complete blank,” I mused, turning my gaze towards the man beside me.

“Should we invite the other EXO members too?”

Kai’s eyes widened in shock. “No, thank you. I learned my lesson the other day.”

A flash of guilt sparked through Kai’s eyes however he didn’t say anything more as he got up and retreated to the bedroom, only to come back with a small, maroon notebook in his hands. He sat back down next to me and flipped it open. I strained my head to see the scribbled writings on the lined pages, but Kai held it further back, denying any access.

I puffed out my cheeks. “What is it, Kim JongIn sshi?”

Pale pink shades tinted Kai’s ears and he his lips, doubtful of his next actions. He looked up to meet my eyes.

“I’ve…I’ve been thinking. Of names. For Baby.” Kai looked back down again, suddenly very interested in his intertwined fingers. I felt warmth flow to my heart.

“Let me see,” I murmured, reaching out to touch the paper booklet in his hands. With great hesitancy, Kai handed the notebook over, still refusing to meet my gaze. Carefully, I turned the first page, and my eyes widened at the long list of names scattered all over the pages. I flicked through a few more pages and the condition of them were the same. My mouth gaped open slightly at the amount of names he could think of.

“B-But I don’t think any of them is good, you should probably give that back to me-”

I pinched his cheeks slightly. “They’re fine! Now hush so I can read them,” I cut him off and he returned to his quiet, embarrassed state of before.

I was surprised to find a mix of Western and Korean names, as well as some Chinese names. Carolyn, Ji Eun, Hannah, Qian Rui, Abigail, Si Ying, Chantelle.

I spent the rest of the morning with Kai as I eliminated names from the list and added new names in. It was a time full of laughter and reminiscing on the past. I spent time looking into what my future might be like. How Kai would be with my child. Teasing. Smiling.

Finally, I got to the last page of his notebook and cocked my head to the side lightly, “Oppa.”

The look on my face was light but still serious, “What is it?”

“I like this one.” I pointed at a name on the page.

He leaned forward and grinned.

Next to the name that I was looking at there was a small little star that he had marked. Of all the names that he had come up with, that one was his favourite. “Are you sure?”

“It sounds like a good name.”

Kai ran his finger over the page slowly then he turned back to me and ran his hand over my stomach.

“Eunjung,” he cooed. “This is your Daddy talking. When you’re old enough you’ll be able to write this beautiful name that Mommy and Daddy decided for you.”

I smiled at the top of Kai’s head. It was such a sweet, silly, cute gesture on his part to tell my baby that her name was decided.

 I let out a content sigh. Kai glanced at me and grinned. He leaned forward to press a soft kiss to my forehead.

“I can’t wait to see her," He said softly.

“I’m sure she’ll be as fearless as her Mommy.” Sehun’s voice rang throughout the apartment.

Kai blinked his eyes rapidly. “Y-Yah maknae, why are yo-”

“And as naggy as her Daddy.” Tao oppa snorted, as he walked towards us from the sliding glass door.

“What are you doing here!” Kai pointed a finger accusingly at his hyung.

Chanyeol oppa barged through the main door and pulled me into a bear hug. “OH MA GAWD! YOU’RE GETTING A GIRL. I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME!”

“She’ll probably be another ballerina huh?” Lay oppa grinned as he rubbed his son’s back gently.

Suho oppa snapped his fingers. I honestly had no idea where he came from. “Maybe she’ll be a doctor like her Mommy.”

Hyunsik waddled towards me with his arms outstretched. “And your baby girl will be marrying my son!” Baekhyun oppa snickered as Kai clucked his tongue in annoyance.

“Who gave you permission to enter my house!?” Kai fumed.

I smiled as Kai began to lecture them in coming to his house uninformed. He quickly got on all of their cases and I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of the smile.

I rubbed my stomach softly. What her future was, no one really knew. But I knew no matter what, she would be very loved.

She had more than just her parents. She’d have a warm, extended family in EXO.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunjung, meaning grace and affection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe! I finally had the chance to update ^^ I won't be working as of now~~ I'm so happy :D

I'll try to update as soon as possible ^^ 

School starts on 20 April XD I still have quite a while before school starts :P