Daehyun 120

B.A.P. Oneshots III

Because everyone wanted a continuation haha we should also think of a ship name for Youngsuk and Jaylie keke 

this is also for soshibaby98

            Youngjae did not have to wait long for his wish to come true. The two couples were having lunch when the children were at school when Youngjae casually let slip what he had witnessed. There had been a sudden intake of breath from Daehyun and then a chilly atmosphere settled over them.

            “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he said, keeping his voice as calm and casual as possible. He speared another piece of meat and placed it in his mouth.

            Youngjae grinned. “I’m sure you’ll know if you observed our kids. I do say I quite like it. Our Youngsuk would take good care of Jaylie.”

            Daehyun sputtered, “I don’t need anyone taking care of Jaylie besides myself, thank you very much.” He glowered at Youngjae, as if daring him to contradict.

            Next to him, his wife was giggling as she placed more meat on his dish. “Daehyun, you should take it easy. Youngjae’s just joking with you. They’re both too young to have romantic feelings and even if they did in the future, Youngsuk wouldn’t be a bad boy.”

            The glare he sent towards her had her quiet. “Repeat what you said after Youngsuk unceremoniously rammed his toy into my daughter’s arm.”

            Youngjae cleared his throat and his wife rolled her eyes. The two of them were being dumb and Youngjae was having way too much fun poking at his best friend. “Well, right after the car hit her arm, Jaylie naturally was going to cry. But then Youngsuk took her arm oh so gently and promised her that she could play the cop and arrest the bad guys.”

            Daehyun was very obviously gnashing his teeth together. Youngjae kept talking, pretending like he hasn’t noticed his friend’s discomfort. “This was the part that had me utterly shocked. Jaylie actually looked up at Youngsuk in quite a flirty manner and said that she had to arrest him because he was in charge of driving. I’d say this girl would later have a penchant for some sort of kink…” he trailed off because his wife had shot him a warning look.

            The color of Daehyun’s face was now a hellish purple. “I mean, sorry. But yeah skinship occurred and I have to admit, it was cute. Youngsuk listens to Jaylie really well, you know. You should be happy I’m so willing to let my son go with such a demanding girl.”

            Jaylie’s father chewed on his food and then dramatically wiped his mouth. “Jaylie does not have a flirty attitude. She is too young to understand what that is, and skinship is out of the question. You are probably seeing things and then misconstruing innocent playing into something that your dirty mind wants to see.”

            Youngjae gave him his most disgusted look. “Excuse you. I’m just telling you the facts. It’s not my fault you refuse to see what is plainly in front of you.”

            Daehyun took in a few deep breaths. “Alright. Tomorrow, I’ll go to the observation room myself.”

            And so he did. What he saw, he did not like, and so Daehyun pretended he saw nothing. After all, if you see no evil, then clearly it does not exist. He saw Jaylie and Youngsuk playing together and occasionally wrestling one another, each time, he had to grudgingly admit Youngsuk made sure Jaylie never hit the floor.

            When he got home, he saw Youngjae lounging on his couch, waiting for him. “So, how’d it go?”

            “Don’t you have a job to be at? Don’t you have a house of your own to live in?” Daehyun sneered.

            He went into the kitchen and brought out the cold noodles his wife had left for him. Food will help him drown his sorrows. Youngjae followed him in. “So, what did you see?”

            “Nothing,” Daehyun lied, slurping down the soup.

            “You sure? They weren’t wrestling and playing?”

            Daehyun looked up. “What?”

            Youngjae grinned. “I felt the necessity to tape it and so I already watched it while you were there. They look cute when they wrestle, don’t they?”

            Daehyun took a step closer. “If you don’t shut your mouth right now, I’ll do it for you.”

            Youngjae gave him a sad look. “We’re going to be in-laws anyway! Why the hard feelings? Shouldn’t we be nurturing good will first?”

            “Nobody’s in-laws with you,” Daehyun muttered.

            His best friend shot him one last parting smirk before he left for the safety of his own life. “We’ll see in twenty more years. It’ll happen. And remember, if you don’t wish to, you don’t need to attend the wedding. My blessing is more than enough.”