Yongguk 118

B.A.P. Oneshots III

This is for ilovepicture, a rollover from the previous request and I did it on purpose. I also want to give a shoutout to cranberrylips because she is the original Sniffles haha :) Also, the idea for Sniffles came from the drabble series I wrote for b2ng, and you can check it out here

“How do we tell Sniffles?”

 

            You and Yongguk looked at one another and he gave you his classic gummy smile. “I don’t know. Do you want to be the one to do it, or do I have to?”

 

            “Considering how you’re the one who brought him into our family first, you can do the honors.”

 

            Yongguk made a face of pain. “You can’t throw me to the wolves, you can’t!”

 

            “I’m throwing you to the bunny.” You blew him a kiss when he groaned at your humor. “Aw, come on Gukkie. It’s just Sniffles.”

 

            “Just Sniffles?!” he explained in mock outrage. “He’s our son!”

 

            You looked at Yongguk and shook your head. “Well our son’s about to know that he’s going to have a sibling and I think if we delay it any longer, he’ll get annoyed.”

 

            The two of you sat down in front of the pen that Yongguk had set up for your bunny and Yongguk clapped his hands. “Sniffles!”

 

            The gray bunny peered out and seeing his parents, thumped his foot and hopped out. His nose twitched as he accepted the carrot stick you held out. “Sniffy, we have news for you,” you started and looked at Yongguk, prompting him to speak.

 

            “Sniffles, please take this well,” he started. You saw him draw breath and giggled. The two of you were making such a big production out of this. “Sniffles, please, you need to understand, you are our first child. But like all first children must learn, they need to share their parents’ love. Sniffles, you’re going to be a big brother.”

 

            The two of you waited and watched him for a reaction. At first the bunny did nothing. He just scratched his ear and then twitched his nose. Yongguk leaned closer to pet him and that was when Sniffles thumped once and hopped away from his reach.

 

            “Oops, I think someone’s throwing a jealous fit.”

 

            You pouted and took a celery stick. “Sniffy, come here. Don’t be mad at mommy. You just have a new brother or sister to play with!”

 

            But the rabbit had gone into its home and wasn’t about to come out. Yongguk peered in and saw the bunny drinking from its water bottle before settling down on its cushion, turning its head so as to not see them. “Uh oh. Our son’s taken to excessive drinking as a coping mechanism. Maybe we should have broken this to him better.”

 

            You patted Yongguk’s . “How about we get started on the nursery and when Sniffles sees how we’ve decorated it, maybe he’ll come around. Do you think he’ll like sunshine yellow?”

 

            Yongguk got up reluctantly and the two of you lugged up the paint buckets to the newly cleaned room that would be renovated into the nursery. For the rest of the day, Sniffles only came out to receive his food, and even then he wouldn’t take it unless you placed it on the ground for him. He didn’t nuzzle his face into your outstretched palm and retreated into his pen once he was done.

 

            “He’s really hurt.”

 

            “Well, it’s big news and no child would take it well when they first hear it. Don’t worry. Sniffles will come around.”

 

            The next few days went the same way and in the meantime, you had already painted the nursery’s walls. “Let’s bring Sniffle in to see if he approves.”

 

            Yongguk went downstairs and came up carrying the pen. The rabbit looked disgruntled as it hopped around, not liking the movement. When he placed the pen down, Sniffles turned around and hopped in mini circles. You knelt down.

 

            “Baby, come here.” And for the first time in a week, Sniffles finally allowed you to hold him. You guided him to the floor. “Look. This is the new nursery for your little sibling. Do you like the sunshine yellow?”

 

            For a moment, the rabbit was still and then he hopped onto the open lid of grass green and you panicked. But before you could stop him, the bunny hopped to the edge of the wall and lifted his leg, printing his paws in a zig zag line on the fresh coat of paint.

 

            Sniffles then turned to look at you expectantly and you smiled at Yongguk. “I think Sniffles approves.”

 

~*~

 

            “Sniffles, come say hi.” Yongguk gently lifted the rabbit out of its pen and brought it onto his lap. The bunny sniffed the new pink wrap in your hands and you watched as one of his ears bent to gently touch the baby’s face. The baby’s nose scrunched.

 

            “Oh, look here, we have Sniffles number two. Like brother, like sister,” Yongguk laughed.

 

            You watched as your oldest buried his nose into the blanket. Sniffles sneezed once and gently placed his head down on your daughter’s chest and you smiled at your husband.

 

            “Yep, he definitely approves.”

 

STATS FROM THE REQUESTS

Yongguk - 23 rated - 6 

Himchan - 13 rated - 3

Daehyun - 21 rated - 3

Youngjae - 13 rated - 2

Jongup - 13 rated - 3

Zelo - 19 rated - 3