Zelo 96

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “Choi Yoona.”

            “No.”

            Junhong frowned at his wife. “Why not?”

            “Because it’s too widely used.”

            “Is that really why?” He enjoyed teasing her and was delighted to see her roll her eyes upwards in embarrassment.

            “Okay, maybe it has a little to do with your Girl’s Generation obsession.”

            “I didn’t even think of that.”

            “Oh really? It has absolutely nothing to do with your ultimate girl bias since you were twelve right? Not at all?”

            He smiled at her. “You know, it’s cute when you’re jealous. But need I remind you that you wanted to name our son Woobin?”

            She smirked. “You put your foot down the moment I mentioned it.”

            Her stomach protruded between the two of them, a treasure chest that they were not allowed to open until the time was right. He placed his hands on the sides of her belly and bent to whisper to the fetus inside. “Baby, do you want to be named after Yoona Unnie?”

            Junhong felt a slight kick and he grinned. “She approves!”

            “No,” his wife corrected. “She was venting her frustration at her father. How can you name me after someone mommy doesn’t like!”

            “Fine,” he conceded. “Why don’t we get out the list we made for Seunghong and look there?”

            “Choi Junhong!” her voice became sharp and he blinked innocently at her. “That list is two years old. Times have changed and so has name fashions! New baby, new list. Don’t be lazy,” she scolded.

            He snuggled against her and felt the baby kick again. “Oops, she’s really angry today. I’m sorry Baby. Appa will think of brand new names just for you.”

            The door to their room flew open and their two year old son stood in the doorway. She got up and held her arms out. “Seung, what’s wrong?”

            He pouted and folded his arms. “I can’t sleep.”

            Junhong got up and carried him onto the bed with them. “Do you want to sleep here tonight?” The toddler nodded eagerly and settled between his parents.

            His little arm hit against his mother’s stomach and he whispered to his dad, “Mommy got fat.”

            “Charming,” Junhong heard his wife mutter.

            “Son,” he began his lecture sternly. “Let me teach you a few life lessons about being a man. One, you never, ever call a woman fat. You always compliment her, say nice things or you say nothing at all. Two, your mother is not getting fat; she’s going to have a baby.”

            At this announcement, Seunghong started to shriek. “Baby? I don’t want a baby! Babies are noisy and smelly and ugly!”

            “What? Why would you say that?”

            “Jonghae’s mommy got a baby and all that baby does is cry and poop. I don’t want it.” He folded his arms and determinedly turned his back on his mother.

            Junhong looked at his son. “But what if I told you the baby is going to be really pretty, really quiet and smells like flowers?”

            “No! Then mommy and daddy wouldn’t love me anymore. Jonghae says that he never got to play with his daddy again.”

            Tank you, Jonghae, for making my life difficult, Junhong thought. “Did you know that you were once a baby too?”

            “But I didn’t smell, right?” Seunghong wiggled against his dad.

            “Well, you were a baby, and you cried and pooped and did all the baby things that your little sister is going to do too. But we still love you and look at you now! You’re on your way to being a big boy.”

            “Daddy, you said the baby will smell like flowers.”

            Sometimes Junhong prayed for patience, lots of it. He looked over desperately at his wife and saw that she was trying not to laugh. She was going to leave him to fend for himself. “You smelled like flowers too.”

            “Flowers are for girls.”

            “Okay, you smelled like,” what did boys smell like? “like baby powder and fresh blankets.”

            The two year old seemed to accept this description. Seunghong fell silent. “Ara, I’m going to call her Ara.”

            Now his wife decided to respond. “Oh, why?”

            “Because I like it.”

            “That’s always a good reason,” she said in a voice filled with laughter. “Junhong, what do you think?”

            “I think if it’s what will get him to accept his little sister, I’ll take it.”

            But he quickly regretted it the moment the little boy started jumping on the bed, chanting, “Ara, Ara, Ara,” over and over and over again.

 

this is for ippeuda~