Youngjae 101

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “If you use u substitution, you’ll be able to simplify the fraction and integrate it.” You pointed at the problem and the student next to you groaned.

 

            “Why can’t Youngjae explain?”

 

            “Because the ‘u’ in substitution doesn’t pertain to my last name.”

 

            Now it was your turn to groan at the horrible pun he had just made. “Youngjae! Can you not be such a dork? You’re here to teach him English and to assist me with math, not to be lame.”

 

            The boy looked up from his phone and grinned. “Sorry. Am I too much to handle?”

 

            Your student leaned forward and whispered, “Don’t answer that. He probably has a greasy answer all prepared. I swear he’s always flirting with you.”

 

            “I heard that,” Youngjae called out. “I don’t appreciate my secrets being blabbed out.”

 

            The high schooler grinned at you. “See?” as you turned red.

 

            “Don’t say stupid things, Youngjae,” you scolded.

 

            “I’m anything but stupid,” he replied and you shook your head.

 

            “Finish up this problem and then it’ll be Youngjae’s turn to help you with literature.” You were antsy to be free. Even though the attention he gave you made you blush, you had a soft spot for your fellow tutor and you had teamed up with the student you were currently working with to help you.

 

            It was Youngjae’s birthday and you wanted to bake a cake for him. To do so, you had the student hold him at bay while you went to the kitchen, using the excuse that you were hungry. Since the student came to your house, it wasn’t like Youngjae could say anything anyway.

 

            When it was finally Youngjae’s turn, you squeezed his shoulder. “Enjoy Anna Karenina! I’m going to be cooking.”

 

            “Oh perfect. Can I place an order?”

 

            “Of course not.” You gave him an indignant look but that was the perfect cue for Youngjae to continue.

 

            “Great. I want mac and cheese and definitely California rolls. I’m very into American fast food lately.” You were anticipating this order and little did he know, you were already preparing to make the very same dishes he had just said.

 

            From the kitchen, as you worked, you could hear your student whispering not very lowly to Youngjae. “So do you like Noona?”

 

            Your face burned but to save yourself embarrassment, you decided to not stop him. Besides, you were curious too. “The middle part of the novel is essential. As you know, Tolstoy was writing in a time of great nationalism and the farm is definitely a symbol of Russian civilization. It’s interesting how even though the cities are where the people are at but the country is what represents the People, capital P.”

 

            “Hyung, do you like Noona?” The kid was persistent and you wondered briefly why he was asking so insistently.

 

            “Of course I like her. She’s nice and I enjoy working with her. Don’t you like her as well?”

 

            You cut up the sushi roll a little more aggressively than was necessary, a bit peeved at his answer. Was that all he could say?

 

            “Is that all?”

 

            “Listen, I’m here to help you with English literature not to have you be my romance guru.”

 

            “I was just asking. Because you know Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you want me to help you plan something, we can make a good duo.”

 

            There was another pause and then Youngjae chuckled. “I’m honored. Now pay attention. Even though this is a boring topic, you need to understand that Europe at this time has gone through a lot of revolutions and this period is called the long nineteenth century.”

 

            “Noona likes you, you know. I know she acts like she doesn’t but she really does.”

 

            You nearly dropped the cake you had set in the oven two hours earlier. That little brat. How dare he disclose your secret? “Oh, well that changes things.” You placed the cake on the counter and grabbed the icing to give yourself something to do before you did something stupid like run out and stab him.

 

            “In that case, I think I can use your help.”

 

            “You know what she’s doing right now, right?”

 

            That did it. If he was going to break his promise and reveal to Youngjae that you were making him a birthday dinner, you were going to snap his neck and recommend to his teacher to fail him.

 

            “What?”

 

            “She’s making you chase her.”

 

            “Oh, well, I think as someone who is on track, I’d be more than up to that.” The grease was back and you cringed a little as you stirred the seaweed soup. You bent over to taste it and felt two hands on your waist.

 

            The spoon fell out of your hand and you jumped at the shock.

 

            “It’s not much of a chase if you’re already helping me celebrate my birthday though,” came a silky voice in your ear.

 

            You twisted around and saw him smirking at you, your student in the doorway, holding in his laughter. You glowered at the two of them and tried to keep your composure. “Happy birthday, Youngjae. I didn’t know. It’s my sister’s birthday today so I figured I’d help make her dinner. If you want some, you can enjoy too because wow, what a coincidence.” Even that sounded lame.

 

            Youngjae laughed and pointed at the cake. “Right, because your sister’s cake would have my name on it.”

 

            At your lack of an explanation, he leaned over and pecked your cheek. “Don’t worry. I’ll let you substitute the ‘u’ to ‘us’ very willingly.”

 

 

Happy Birthday Youngjae! Thank you for your sweet vocals and your sass, and your love to the members. Your sincerity and your gratitude can be felt, and honestly, there is no B.A.P without you. 

I feel so bad. It's such a busy week and I just didn't find time to update or to write and it's so lame. And this is also for exoticshawol101

Sorry it's so lame T____________T I was in a rush because it's also my mom's birthday e__e