Daehyun 129

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            Daehyun loved children. He loved all children, and definitely all of his children. But there was something special with a son. A son was someone he could share moments with, he could play soccer on the fields with. A son was someone who would take his side when all the women in the household ganged up on him. A son was someone he could-

            “Watch together with?” Came a malicious voice from behind him.

            Daehyun jumped up and his arm automatically went to shield his page from view. “Ya! Yoo Youngjae, what the hell?

            “Just a suggestion to add to your list of benefits for having a son. I think it’s cute how excited you are.”

            “This is why you’ll remain a bachelor for life. You have no sense of anything. Did you watch with your father?”

            “No, but it seems like something you would do.”

            Daehyun clenched his jaw. If it weren’t for the fact that this obnoxious man was his best friend, and he currently needed a place to stay, he would kick him out. Immediately

            While Daehyun had no such dirty thoughts, he was excited to play with his son. Jaylie was his princess, but this little boy would be practically his other best friend. As a young man, he always dreamed of being the parent who also treated his children like a friend. He found that with Jaylie it was difficult to get past the protectiveness, but with the little boy, it would work.

            Daemin was perfect. He was healthy, not colicky, and handsome to boot. “My love,” Daehyun declared as he lifted his newborn son into the light to examine him at multiple angles, “we have here a fine specimen indeed.”

            She had snorted and rolled her eyes. “What are you, Rafiki? Put our baby down before you drop him.”

            Daemin was a quieter kid than Jaylie. Where his daughter was a bundle of energy, always jumping and laughing and getting into trouble (and subsequently getting out of them), his son was the type to let his sister take all the attention. He would sit in his high chair quietly and only make noise when he found that he liked the sound of the plastic spoon on the plastic bowl.

            Even though Daemin was quiet, he was by no means behind. He grew quickly and was soon attempting to stand. Daehyun had held him in his arms before the boy was gripping table edges, trying to get up on his shaky legs. “He has strong legs,” Daehyun noted. “We can play soccer together.”

            His son loved him, always preferring to curl next to him when the entire family sat on the couch to watch a movie. Whenever he came home, Jaylie was always the first flying into his arms but Daemin would wait patiently until it was his turn and then never leave. To Daehyun, his toddler son was the sweetest child in the world.        

            When Daemin was old enough, Daehyun took him on a daddy’s day out. “Do you want to learn to play soccer?”

            The two year old had been enthusiastic and chased after the ball relentlessly, always kicking it back to him before Daehyun could catch his breath. The little boy finally flopped onto the grass after two hours and stared at Daehyun, refusing to get up. “Appa,” he whined softly. “Tired.”

            His father got on the grass with him and the two of them caught their breaths. The sun was shining in the sky and Daemin buried his face in Daehyun’s lap. “Hungry,” he announced and smiled toothily at his dad. One thing both his children had inherited was definitely Daehyun’s appetite.

            “Okay! Would you like to get rice and then have ice cream for dessert?”

            Daemin nodded and clapped his hands. As they got their food from a nearby small café, Daemin started to sing along to the song on the radio. His tiny voice was soft as he hummed along to the familiar tune and sang out the words he knew. Daehyun stared at his son in amazement.

            The elderly woman behind the counter also took note and clapped enthusiastically, encouraging him. At the sudden recognition of his talent, Daemin stopped and hid his face behind Daehyun’s leg.

            The adults laughed at his shyness and Daehyun hoisted his son onto his hip. “How about we sing together later?” The little boy nodded, his eyes shining brightly at the thought of more alone time with his father.

            When Daehyun had thought out his list of things to do with his son, he never imagined that singing would be one of them. He himself had a passion for it, but he didn’t expect his kids to. As Daehyun gave Daemin a bath, he started singing. His son watched him for a moment before hesitatingly joining in.

            His wife heard the music coming from the bathroom and poked her head in. She smiled as she watched her son and husband singing along to trot songs from the eighties. When Daemin was fully clothed and the singing came to a stop, she came in and gave them both kisses.

            “My two singing angels. How was today?”

            “Fun,” Daemin answered. “Daddy, can I sleep with you today?”

            Daehyun grinned at her. “Sorry, I’m afraid I’ll be occupied tonight.”

            As Daemin snuggled into his father’s side, Daehyun felt his heart expand. The little boy mushed his cheeks against his body and his small hand held onto Daehyun’s fingers. He thought back to the excitement two years ago and realized that this was its fruition. “Sleep well, my son,” Daehyun whispered.

            Almost as if in response, Daemin smiled and the grip on his hand tightened.

 

this is for cookie808

So I finally turn 20.... It's a really scary number even though I can live it how I want. There are just so many possibilities: graduation, work, marriage, everything

Thank you to everyone's birthday wishes ♥

Sobs. I'm getting old. I've been on AFF since I was 16... it's almost been four years....