B.A.P Special

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “Get in here!” Himchan waved frantically as he saw the last missing member walk into the room. Yongguk grinned bashfully and hurried his pace, sliding in next to Junhong just in time for the camera flash to go off.

            It had been a long day of interviews and practice, but the final schedule, a photoshoot, was perhaps the one thing that made them feel the most nervous. Talking and answering questions could be memorized. Practice was just their talents. But posing was different. It has been a while. What if they looked unnatural?

            But the setting chosen was a newly renovated house. The rooms were a cream and beige color, and the light outside was a soft white, courtesy of the cloudy skies. Walking in gave each of them a sense of peace, and that gave the pictures so much more life.

            For the first few sets, the boys had to dress up and they posed, a little awkwardly at first. Himchan stood off to the side and shook his head. “Gukkie, you need to smile a little. And your shoulders are so tense.” It has been a while since he could nag his best friend. The sheer joy on his face was evident, and even though Yongguk shot him a death glare, he couldn’t help but smile as well. Naggy Himchan was the bane of his existence, but eighteen months without it had made him almost miss it.

            Off to the side, the younger ones were playing amongst themselves. Junhong was lying across Youngjae’s lap while Jongup and Daehyun were playing rock paper scissors to determine who got to eat first when they got home.

            “Rock, papers, scissors, shoot! Wait, no fair!” Daehyun grabbed Jongup’s hand and forced the three fingers that had started to creep down back up. “Can’t cheat!” This led to a tussle that had the two of them bumping into the camera stands.

            “Boys!” Himchan scolded sharply. His attention turned from Yongguk to the four of them and he shook his head. “You guys should prepare for your individual shots too.”

            Yongguk pushed himself off the floor and walked towards Himchan. A wry smile was on his face as he chuckled deeply. “Boys will be boys still. Even though they seem to be getting bigger, they still act like kids.”

            Himchan laughed, a little shyly. It was natural instinct to start disciplining, even though it really has been a while. He watched as Daehyun and Youngjae lined up by the window for their shot and the two youngest sit on the couch for their poses before linking arms with Yongguk. “When is our couple picture?”

            “Pardon?” Yongguk laughed shyly but didn’t remove his arm. “You’re always saying the dumbest things, Himchan. You’d think two years off would have you over me by now?”

            Himchan rolled his eyes to the ceiling. “Please. We are still the mom and dad, regardless of what you think.”

            Daehyun spread his arms out and landed them on Youngjae and Junhong’s shoulders. “It’s good to be together again.”

            Youngjae scoffed. “Aren’t you the sentimental one?”

            “Oh please,” Daehyun shot back. “I do recall a certain Mr. Tough Guy wiping his eyes after a particularly touching interview last night.”

            “Yeah that was because dust got in my eyes. I’m not used to wearing contacts again. Gosh.” But the smiles on their faces when the camera went off were as genuine as ever.

            The final shot of the day was going to be a family portrait. Each member changed into comfortable clothes and lined up in front of the window.

            “Okay guys, pile up!” was the command from the camera director.

            The order came almost naturally. Himchan situated himself on the bottom, the rock holding everything in place. Daehyun got in the middle, dragging Youngjae with him. Junhong and Jongup took their places in the back and Himchan gasped.

            “Where’s Bbang?”

            “Hyung!” Jongup called out, but received no response.

            It was a few seconds later that they heard the doors open and close, and footsteps. Yongguk came in, shaking his wet hands.  

            “Get in here!” Himchan waved and finally, everyone was in place.

            “Okay, one more. Look this way, smile!” Each one of them looked at the camera, but at the last moment Jongup’s arm reached out and he gently pulled Daehyun’s hair. At that cue, Daehyun started laughing and Youngjae closed his eyes, pretending to sleep.

            The picture came out slightly blurry, but as Himchan hung it on a frame above their mantel, he felt his heart expand. They were six again, and even when imperfect, they were perfect together.

 

I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything, and I want to thank everyone for their love and support ♥

This is probably super cheesy but I just had so many B.A.P feels, especially with their new album and I just wanted to write something to get back in the groove again.

Thank you Babyz, thank you Potatomatoes