Himchan 97 Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “Okay, what the heck was that about yesterday?”

            You looked up and saw a very angry Himchan shooting daggers at you. “Yesterday? I’m sorry, did we have to do something then?”

            “You got my text. I know you did. I saw you look at your phone.”

            You leaned back in your seat and crossed your arms. “So?”

            “So I was waiting for you for an hour and it started raining.”

            “Did I say I was going to be there?” He bit his lip furiously and you shrugged. “Sorry, did you get really wet?”

            “If you didn’t want to go out with me, you could have just said it. You didn’t need to be such a tease, telling me to text you and then not showing up.”

            “How do I know this isn’t some weird game of yours? Ever since you underwent your transformation you’ve had girls throw themselves at you left and right. You must be wondering why I was the only one who didn’t, right? And now, lo and behold, you discover that I used to like you. It must be perfect to bag the last girl who keeps eluding you.”

            Himchan stared at you for a long time without saying anything. He tossed a wrapped parcel on the table in front of you. “See you around.”

            It really was just curiosity that had you poking hesitantly at the wrapping. You didn’t really mean to not go. Your mom had called stating a family emergency and you were scared. Your crush for Himchan was not one of those ‘oh-my-gosh-he-turned-hot’ crushes but something deeper. After all, you preferred old Himchan to this one. He had just found out and was already asking you out? Your suspicious side was screaming a million scarlet red warnings.

            You tore the wrapping paper and stared at it. He had remembered that your favorite animal was the elephant and had gotten you a stuffed elephant. Around its neck he had his old middle school picture and when you flipped it over: I promised you would see him again.

            There was an odd twist in your stomach and you coughed. Whatever. He probably did this with every girl anyway. You stuffed the elephant into your bag and picked up your book again.

            After school, you fidgeted with your phone, debating whether to text him or not. In the previous three periods, you had been staring at the elephant in your bag and wondering just where he found the time between lunch and after school to get this done. Nobody just simply carried an elephant plushie around with them.

            Pride kept you from doing it but the romantic in you begged. Rolling your eyes at yourself, you pressed the dialogue box that was started yesterday. “Hey, I’d like to talk. Meet me at the fountain in ten?”

            It was a shot in the dark. If he didn’t check his phone, oh well, he lost his chance. If he didn’t want to come, well you could pretend it was because he didn’t check his phone in time. But you were only going to give him fifteen minutes. That was all.

            You walked slowly to the fountain and glanced around. Nobody was there. Ignoring the plummeting feeling of disappointment, you casually walked up to it and kicked your feet, acting as nonchalant as you could possibly be. Every once in a while you would check your phone. Ten more minutes. Eight more minutes. Seven more minutes. Time was going by way so slowly.

            You whistled and stared at the elephant. “Stupid Kim Himchan. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I can’t believe I’m doing this because you used a stupid elephant to guilt trip me.” You glowered at the innocent smile etched on the stuffed animal’s face and groaned. You were going to go.

            “Where do you think you’re going?”

            You jumped a mile and quickly hid the elephant behind your back. Turning on your toes and trying to look as carefree as you could, you gave Himchan a slight smile. “It’s been ten minutes.”

            He glanced at his phone. “First of all, it’s only been seven. I still have three more minutes. You can’t cheat me out of this one. Second of all, I know as a rule you always wait an extra five minutes. And, is that the elephant I gave you?”

            Caught, you had no choice but to play it cool. “This? I was just wondering why you would give it to me.”

            An irritatingly knowing smirk was creeping up his features. “Right. I just carry animal plushes for fun.”

            “That would be a Himchan thing to do.”

            By now he was standing right next to you. “An old Himchan thing or new Himchan?”

            “Old. But I guess if you’re still doing it, then it’s just a Himchan thing to do.”

            You wanted to suppress the happiness that was threatening to burst from you. Must remain collected in front of Himchan. You absolutely refused to let him know how you felt. He stared at you and held out his hand for you to take.

            You stared at it a bit long and he sighed, reaching over and taking the elephant instead. “Fine. We’ll let old Himchan be between us until you’re comfortable with me too, okay?” And because the thought was sweet and also unbelievably dorky, you finally rewarded him with a smile. 

 

A sequel for all of you who asked~

And this is my blog post