Daehyun 123

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            Daehyun adjusted the camera and then clapped his hands. “Everyone, welcome to another episode of Dae’s Food Network! You can never find another vlog more dedicated to the delights of culinarians anywhere.”

            He smiled winsomely at the camera. “Today I will be trying Taiwanese cuisine to introduce the flavor of the island to you. I will also be showing you how to eat these delicacies the right way.”

            He clapped his hands and focused on the tray in front of him. “Today, we have four delicious dishes to try. The first one will be the mango ice.” Daehyun picked up the bowl with the orange colored ice and took a spoon. “To properly experience the taste, you need to feel thirsty and be prepared for the wonderful burst of refreshing sweet mango and crunchy shaved ice.”

            Daehyun scooped up a hearty helping, with pieces of diced mango landing precariously on the ice. He smiled at the camera and then opened his mouth, wide. “Mmm,” he closed his eyes as he crunched. “You can taste the fresh mango as it oozes its sweet juices in your mouth and then the neutral melting ice takes away the bite so for those who can’t tolerate sweet too much, this is perfect for you.”

            He took a few more bites. “Everyone, know that I’m only finishing this at a fast pace because of the fact that it would melt. For those who have time to enjoy, please take your time so you don’t suffer from brain freeze.”

            “Next is this delicious chicken. Known as popcorn chicken in some languages, or spicy and salty fried chicken, these chicken bites are one of my absolute favorites. When this delicacy hits your mouth, you will feel like you are approaching Heaven. Best eaten with rice or with a special spicy mayo sauce, this will be the highlight of every meal.”

            Daehyun picked up a piece and turned it around and around. “To properly savor the taste of this chicken, you need to prepare your palate for something that will engage both taste buds and texture. Because it is fried, it will be a little bumpy, but taste amazing. Here goes.”

            The camera was zoomed into his full lips as he chewed and smacked them happily when he swallowed. “Mmm! This is delicious!” He was laughing as he said it and his chopsticks were going towards another piece of chicken as his mouth kept moving.

            “Whether it’s Taiwan or a Taiwan delicacy restaurant, make sure you don’t forget to order this!”

            He grinned happily as he dunked the chicken into the creamy orange sauce and ate it. “Everyone, you must be salivating right?’ Daehyun teased as he brought the camera closer to the plate before replacing it back on the stand.

            “As a way to cleanse your palate, let’s try what everyone knows to be Taiwan’s most famous food.” He picked up a plastic cup with a seal. “Bubble tea!” Daehyun wiggled his shoulders. “Bubble bubble bubble tea. Bubble bubble tea tea,” he sang before taking a straw.

            “Now, this may look simple but the goal is to stab the lid with exactly one . You need to aim carefully and make sure the tip is on point so that the straw doesn’t create slashes.” He smiled at the camera and then stabbed the plastic seal perfectly, clapping himself on the back proudly.

            “And now, we make sure to drink it carefully. The bubbles may come up a lot at once or just a few, so it’s like a surprise drink. Personally, the tapioca doesn’t really agree with me but it’s an interesting texture that a lot of people like.”

            He sipped and chewed the bubbles, before swallowing. “And we’re ending today’s session with pastries. We have the most famous pineapple shortcakes, but besides that I also have the flaky sun cake. Let’s start with the sun cake, as it is the messier to eat.”

            “Inside this beautifully flat pastry are layers of flaky dough that melts in your mouth like soft buttery paper. The filling can be lotus paste, or some like it with dried meat. Sometimes it’s just plain.” Daehyun leaned forward and used his hand as a net to catch the flakes. “Eating this is messy business so you should always be ready to catch the flakes when they fall.” He took a bite and then his lips.

            “And now for the pineapple shortcake.” Daehyun was smiling as he finished.

            “From such a small island comes a plethora of foods that has influences from Chinese cuisine, Fujian cuisine, as well as the natural seafood environment. Whether it is something as mainstream as bubble tea or the hidden secrets of these pastries, it is no doubt that one can expect to gain pounds when they visit Taiwan. And this is it for this week’s Dae’s Eat Fest Thursdays on the Food Network. See you next time!”

 

this is for tofutoki

enjoy please hehe

my favorite boy and my country's favorite foods ♥♥