Zelo 88

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It was quite literally the end of the world. It had been predicted by star gazers, seers and astronomers alike. There was a mystical force coming to earth and there would be no stopping it. It was only a matter of time before the force would reach the atmosphere and they say the impact, or the power, whatever it was, would be too much for life to be sustained. The sun would go out and it would take a while for the earth to go dark but once it does, life will immediately cease.

            The apocalyptic event was said to happen precisely seventy-two hours from now and everyone in the village were saying their last goodbyes, praying or trying to deny it. “Who would believe what that child says?” After all, the one who had warned them about the devastating catastrophe was only a teenager boy.

Never mind that so many others before him had said the same thing, they were determined to not believe any of it. It was because the star gazers were way before their time, and the too fantastical dealings of the astronomers both scared and repelled them. All of them were just trying to scare the human population.

            “We should ask Junhong again. See what nonsense he’s spewing,” one of the kids giggled. It was practically a game now. Go to Junhong and make fun of him for the vision he was so serious about.

            They climbed over the walls to where the boy was sitting by a fireplace, rocking back and forth as he chanted things under his breath. “He’s so weird,” they muttered.

            “Junhong,” one of the braver boys plopped down next to him and that seemed to break him from his reverie. He gave them a shy smile in acknowledgement. “So what exactly is going to happen to the world?”

            There was a moment of silence and then Junhong’s face turned to one of blank horror. “A force, a force predicted since the beginning of time.” He began rocking again. “And only love, only a strength that can penetrate all natural disasters, all forces, can defeat it. But not like this. Not with war, not with fighting, not with cheating and lies. No, not like this.” His voice had taken on a more robotic tone and the children shied away.

            “What is he saying?” one of them hissed.

            Junhong grabbed onto his arm. “Please, listen to me. Clear your heart of all negativity. Just learn acceptance, open your mind and open your heart. The force will come but it can be deflected.”

            The boy shrieked in horror and threw Junhong’s arm away. “Stop it, you freak!”

            Junhong began to cry until an elderly lady came from behind the curtains. “Shoo! What are you evil children doing? Stop bothering him. Can’t you see he’s sick? He’s not right in the head. You cruel children, leave!”

            Once there was silence, Junhong calmed down. But outside, the children began to spread what he was saying. “The freak says that there is a way to deflect the force! Go ask him! There’s some way to save us.”

            That night a group of the village men entered the house. The elderly lady flung her arms out in front of Junhong. “Shame on you, believing a bunch of children. I thought you didn’t believe in the end of the world? Why are you here to harass him?”

            But they paid her no heed and grabbed at Junhong, pulling him in front of them. He trembled. “So how do you deflect these so-called forces?”

            “Empty your mind. Clear your heart of all negativity,” he said, repeating what he had told the children in the morning. “Please, no more war, and no more hate.”

            The men were taken aback and they threw him roughly across the room. “Useless. He’s making it all up! He’s purposely wreaking havoc in our peaceful society. Arrest him!”

            But his grandmother pled for them to let him go and so they did. “Another day wouldn’t hurt us.”

            The night before the supposed end of the world came and the sky began to streak with different colors. “The sunset looks different today,” an elderly commented.

            Children began to cry. “Junhong was right! The world is ending!”

            The chaos continued with frantic people starting to believe him and that caused the head of the village to spring to action. “Tonight, we will kill the messenger. Once he’s gone, we will see that his lies will not mess with our lives. You’ll see. All of this is only in our heads.”

            They surrounded his house and no matter how much his grandmother begged, they dragged him out into the taunting circle. Junhong looked around in fear and began to shake. “It’s coming soon! The hate, the fear, the hate,” he mumbled. “Please, love! Love!”

            Everyone started throwing their clubs and food at him and he sank into the ground. Someone threw a torch into the center and the village was filled with a keen screaming. Junhong writhed on the ground and when the fire was finally put up, he was still and no longer noticeable.       Shocked mothers covered their children’s faces and the men started to dig a hole in the ground. “Do not worry, citizens. This is one sacrifice that will save us all from insanity.”

            But when the next day arrived, the world still ended, burned by the hatred that continued to spread, fueled by the death of an innocent boy who tried to help.

 

this is for K-PopFangurl22

I'm going to take a while to write and I hope you all understand

also. Jasper Liu... Liu Yi Hao... can we talk about him please

Can I just move to Taiwan because we have hot guys there ;;