Yongguk 132

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            You took the stethoscope from your ears and smiled at the patient who was watching you intently. “Is everything okay now?” he asked anxiously.

            “You’re going to be fine. The breathing seems to have evened out and the water in your lungs is definitely drawn out. We’ll see if you can sleep through the night and you can go home tomorrow.”

            The man smiled at you. “You’re the absolute best.”

            “Isn’t she?” A new voice appeared behind you. You looked behind you to see the infamous Dr. Bang walking up to you and smiling. His lab coat swished behind him and you dipped your head respectfully.

            He stepped up to the machine and copied down vitals before clapping the man on the shoulder. “You’re just as good as healthy, my friend.”

            Dr. Bang, or Yongguk as he insisted his staff called him, was known to be one of the best and one of the youngest emergency room doctors. He knew his stuff and had the best bedside manners. He was also good looking to boot.

            The two of you moved on to the next patient and you checked the heart rate. “Heart rate is normal,” you called out and Dr. Bang gave you a look.

            “Good for her because mine isn’t whenever I look at you.”

            You blushed. The small teasing started ever since you joined the medical staff and even though you insisted it was just to keep up humor in the workplace, your older colleagues insisted that he simply didn’t do it to anyone else.

“None of us have been hit on by him even though we’ve been working for him for five years,” the Head Nurse complained.

            “He’s not hitting on me,” you insisted. “It’s just being friendly.”

            But friendly had its limits and sometimes, it seems like he was pushing it. Not in a bad way, of course. If you had to be honest with yourself, you liked him enough to permit this to continue and he was definitely a mom-approved catch.

            You waved away his comment and bent over to look at the urine bag. Everything seemed fine. “I think we can take her to the recuperating unit.”

            The doctor winked at you. “Will do. Can you fill out the report and place it on my desk?” You nodded, already pulling out the required paperwork. “Man, it’s quiet today.”

            “It’s never really quiet in emergency,” you corrected. “Watch, it’s going to pile up later.”

            Yongguk stretched and looked at you. “Are you always this pessimistic?”

            “I didn’t mean that I want people to get sick or hurt.” Your eyes widened as you realized the implications of what you said. “I just mean as part of daily life, there will always be something.”

            He cocked his head playfully. “Well, how would you like to repent?”

            You stared at him, completely not comprehending. Was he really angry? But he didn’t seem like it? Was there any ual innuendo in that? But that was lame. What was he trying to say? You didn’t know.

            Dr. Bang saw the confusion on your face and laughed out loud, startling some of the nearby nurses and patients. He waved his hands in apology. “I was kidding. You didn’t do anything wrong. If people stopped getting sick, we would be out of a job right?”

            You still didn’t know how to respond to him so you merely nodded slowly. “Ready to move on to the next patient?” you asked. Anything to break the moment.

            “Of course.” And he looked more serious this time. “Let’s continue.”

            You groaned inwardly. The next patient was a nice old man, nice but a little inappropriate with his words. When you reached over him to adjust his pillow, he grinned toothlessly at you. “Wow, when people told me I’d like the hospital, I didn’t realize they meant the view.”

            You told yourself to endure. Yongguk heard, however, and frowned a little. But always keeping with his bedside manners, he joked, “I knew it was the right choice to switch from that nasty puke yellow to minty green. The clouds on the border were my idea too.”

            When you took out a needle to draw blood for testing, the man looked at you. “I know something else you can put in me that would be better for my health, yeah?”

            You smiled thinly this time. He was acting up in front of the doctor on purpose. “Sir, I’d say more medication but I think sleeping pills would only counteract what the other medicine is doing. We’re going to take this for testing now.”

            You walked away briskly and Yongguk caught up to you. “Is he always like that?”

            “Never mind. He was a little worse today because he didn’t get too much sleep last night.”

            “That’s not an excuse. I can switch him out, if you like.”

            “It’s fine. Must remain professional.”

            “I’m finding that difficult,” he muttered and you looked at him. When Dr. Bang saw your gaze, he grinned. “Did I say something? Geez, I must be getting old if I don’t even remember saying anything out loud.”

            You shook your head as you handed him the finished report. “Alright Doctor, what would you like me to prescribe to you? Pills for memory loss or pills for blood coagulation?”

            “What? There’s nothing wrong with my blood flow.”

            “Really? Because you’re being greasy as hell and even if your heart can take it, mine certainly can’t.”

            This was the first time you were outright flirting back. His face lit up at the light banter and he arched an eyebrow delicately. “Oops, looks like I might have to give you electrifying shocks for that. We need that heart pumping.”

            It was too soon for an outright confession right now so you merely winked. “I think we have enough of that between us to keep both our hearts going for a while.”

            He caught your subtle hint. “Oh, really? How about we test that out? I think I may be potentially suffering from some sort of heart failure at one this afternoon. Mind joining me at the café and checking it for me?”

            “And if I don’t show?”

            Dr. Bang grinned. “I don’t quite think my heart can take that. Then I’d have to sue you for malpractice because you neglected a potential patient.”

 

this is for sunshineexo and zicosucks because it's relevant :P

I'd call it double update because I updated the Youngjae reeeally late last night