B.A.P Christmas Special II

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            Jazz renditions of Christmas specials played softly from the speakers and the tree in the middle of the room was lit with blinking lights. The floor to ceiling glass windows showed a beautiful white and green forest of pines outside. The room was lit softly by the lively fireplace. Baked cookie tendrils curled seductively in the air.

            A set of huge wooden doors were pushed open and a family of six walked in. The photographers looked up from where they were setting up their equipment and smiled. “Welcome to the Bang family!”

            The two parents with their teenage sons smiled. Every year, the family would gather in the studio and take a whole new set of photos for the Christmas cards. The head photographer smiled fondly. “I remember when it was just two of them as babies, and then there were four. And they have all grown up so well.” At his words down memory lane, the two oldest boys blushed. They were now fourteen and thirteen, and it was embarrassing to have their pasts dragged up.

            Himchan looked at his children with fondness and ruffled Daehyun’s hair. “Except this one here thinks he’s much too cool to pose for family portraits.” There was a flash of annoyance and an uncharacteristically low, “Stop it, Dad.” The staff who had watched the boys grow up, smiled. Puberty was slowly hitting.

            “Shall we have the children choose the props first?”

            The boys were now an unenthusiastic fourteen, thirteen, twelve and eleven. Only the youngest, Junhong, looked mildly interested at the idea of being able to choose among the different costumes and props. Daehyun only pulled his cap lower on his head and groaned.

            Yongguk looked at his children sternly. “It’s Christmas, boys. Let’s maintain some manners.” This caused Youngjae to at least try to put on a half-smile on his face. Some things never changed. Appa was still the scarier of the two. He took the lead to herd his reluctant clan into the next room where an array of materials was awaiting them.

            At the sight of the Christmas themed clothing, even Daehyun had to crack a smile. “Hey, Up, you should wear this stupid hat. It looks like one of the wigs that the old British guys wear.” He tossed the hat at his younger brother. Jongup caught it and wrinkled his nose.

            “Euw, you wouldn’t wear it.”

            “Of course not. That’s why I gave it to you.”

            Himchan crossed his arms. “Boys, we are going to have a few outfits. This will be for the more casual shoot. Come look at sweaters. Please remember, these photos are still going to relatives, so please do not embarrass your father and me. I packed your nice clothes for a more serious shoot so don’t go too wild here. We don’t want you sweating in your blazers.”

            “We’re going to be sweating regardless. I hate wearing suits,” Youngjae complained. Despite the previous budding excitement, at Youngjae’s whine, all four boys dissolved into dissatisfaction again.

            Yongguk cleared his throat. “Boys, we do this every year. Do not make this more difficult than it has to be. Christmas is about spending time with the family, and yes, we are going to take the two hours it needs to make sure that our holiday cards are presentable. Now, if you will all choose your props and costumes that would be most appreciated.” Appa had spoken. Daehyun looked mutinous but at the stern glare his father shot him, he closed his mouth again.

            Jongup ran his hands over the hideous hat that his brother had thrown at him and decided, to hell with it. They could have an ugly sweater contest. He reached into the pile and pulled out an oversized gray sweater. Himchan gave his outfit of choice a onceover and pursed his lips. “You can’t possibly think you’re going to show grandma that.

            Himchan reached into the racks and pulled out a more presentable red sweater with reindeer. “How about this one? Hmm? Uppie, you were always the one who listened to me best when you were younger. Please do not follow your brothers’ examples.” He was pleading but his favorite son was adamantly refusing, clutching onto the gray sweater as if it was his lifeline.

            On the other side of the room, Youngjae had snagged a normal Santa hat for himself. If anyone was going to look stupid in the pictures, it wasn’t going to be him. His youngest brother was following him and saw another regular Santa hat and took it.

            Yongguk, on the other hand, was having a stare down with his oldest. Daehyun had plugged in his headphones and pulled his cap over his eyes, pretending to drown out the world. “Daehyun!” At his low command, Daehyun finally pulled his earbuds out, too young and too scared to outright be rebellious. “Please be a little more cooperative.”

            “Appa, my hair is a mess. Can’t I keep the cap on? It’s pink. It’s festive.”

            Yongguk’s lips thinned. He really didn’t know how Himchan had done it. Taking care of two teenagers and two preteens was no easy task. “Yes but at least change your sweater.”

            “It’s perfectly presentable! Look, I have a flannel shirt underneath.” He waved his arm. By ‘underneath’, his son had meant the too-long cuffs showing underneath his blue sweater.

            He had a point. The outfit was indeed much better than the gray sweater Jongup had chosen and the casual hoodie Youngjae had taken a liking to. Yongguk glanced around and saw something red catch his eye. He pulled it out and looked at his son with his patented ‘don’t argue with me’ look.

            “Alright. Since you’re all for compromise, how about we make a deal? You get to keep that hat on but you wear this cute little cape over your sweater. Grandma will love it.”

            Daehyun groaned. “Grandma isn’t the only one who’s getting the photos, Appa.”

            “No, but Grandma will be the only one who will pin it on her refrigerator.” At this, Yongguk flashed an almost smug look.

            “Bang family! Please gather!” The head photographer clapped his hands.

            The boys emerged with their hair perfectly gelled and every tie and bowtie sitting straight with nothing in array. Himchan admired his handiwork and sat down at his rightful place in front, next to Yongguk. Around him, his sons stood in age order and the photographer clicked away.

            When it came time to change, Himchan winced at the sloppy attire but couldn’t say anything. They had all made compromises. He found a tiny crown with the words “Merry Christmas” stitched on it and placed it on Yongguk’s head. “For my King,” he giggled, and much to his delight, Yongguk blushed.

            “Channie, not now,” but he didn’t fight the accessory, only putting up a hand to place it at a slight angle.

            The family of six gathered in front of the white wall once again. Lights flashed in their faces as they posed for photo after photo. “Well done! Merry Christmas and we will see you next year!”

            Two days later, Himchan received the photos in the mail. “Everyone come look!”

            He and Yongguk cooed over the handsome photos of the boys sitting and looking seriously at the camera, all coming off as positively gentlemanly with their cleaned up appearances. Even the casual photographs came out cute.

            At the end of the pile, however, was an envelope with a card from the head photographer. “A gift from us to you. P.S. - Give this to Grandma!”

            Himchan pulled out the photo and nearly died. There he was, in between Youngjae and Jongup, with his mouth slightly open. Yongguk, as usual, looked good, smiling in his appropriate black and white sweater. The crown looked good on him. It was his four sons, however, who made Himchan want to cry.

            Junhong had probably been caught mid-sneeze and his face was contorted with his eyes barely open. Youngjae had been mumbling Christmas carols under his breath and was looking anywhere but the camera. Jongup had his British styled wig/hat on and was actively in role, as he looked off the screen into the distance. Daehyun, too, had been trying to read the instructions the photographers were flashing off screen and was utterly distracted.

            The first to laugh was his husband, with his deep, throaty chuckle. Then came his four boys as they hugged their stomachs and rolled on the ground, laughing at one another and at themselves. “Merry Christmas! From the Bang family!”

 

Double update!! Merry Christmas everyone

This was a little crack-y haha but I hope you all enjoyed

Please read the one before! That one was cute hehe