Youngjae 95

B.A.P. Oneshots III

The fluttering in his heart would not stop and neither would the blush on his cheeks. He glanced up at her shyly and quickly averted his eyes. Just one look at her person was enough to make his entire body feel hot and scorchingly so. He swallowed and shifted.

            Youngjae glanced down at his paper again. It was embarrassing that this was the one class he looked forward to, and the reason was because of a girl. Not just any girl. This one was more mature than the others, more sophisticated, accomplished, and ten times more beautiful than all the other girls with their bad dye jobs and flat chests.

            He accidentally pressed his pencil too hard into the paper and the tip broke. He watched as the piece of lead flew across his desk and landed by her feet. His eyes traveled to her ankles and the smooth curve of her calves. It should be illegal to allow skirts that short in school.

            She was too far away so he couldn’t just walk up to her and pick up the lead. Alas, that two centimeters of point five lead would be missed. Her foot shifted and, be still Youngjae’s heart, kicked the lead back towards him. It rolled a little and he watched it come back to him. This must be destiny telling him something. They were too in synch.

            “Can someone answer this question?”

            “Twenty-five.”

Her lips moved with her words and Youngjae swallowed. He fanned himself quickly and took in deep breaths.

            “Youngjae, are you okay?”

            He glanced up and smiled. “Yes.”

            But talking only made his heart beat increase. He was well aware of her eyes on him and he wondered briefly if she had the power to read minds, because then all of his thoughts would be clear to her. That would be embarrassing.

            He cleared his head and tried to focus on the blackboard, and not on her. “Deep breaths,” he chanted to himself. It was a relief when class finally ended. He could escape her enchanting clutches and move on safely onto his next class. Youngjae got up quickly and threw his books into his bag.

            “Youngjae.” He looked up and she was smiling at him.

            “Are you in a hurry?”

            “Yeah, I have to go to my next class. Don’t you have another class?”

            “Ah, well then don’t let me hold you. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

            He quickly gave her a smile and dashed off. When he was safely outside, in the sun, he stopped to give himself time to think. She singled him out to talk to him. What could it be about? Surely not homework. At least, he hoped not.

            Youngjae patted his chest and bit his nails. If there was nothing wrong, why would she want to talk to him? There was no way this feeling was mutual, because then that would be bad, very bad. He sat down and pulled on his socks.

            “Mr. Yoo! Hurry and get on that track field! We’re all waiting for you!”

            As he ran, he pictured the million reasons why she would stop him and not tell him what was wrong. He pictured again her angelic smile, her soft, honey-like voice and grinned. Every day was like a thrill. Seeing her made him nervous but it still made him happy.

            The next day, Youngjae walked into the classroom and saw to his disappointment that she wasn’t there. He slid into his seat and looked at the door. The minutes ticked, the other students came trickling in. Still no her.

            Just as he was about to give up hope, she walked in. He sat up straighter and she walked by him. She went to her desk, picked up a stack of papers and smiled at the class. “I wanted to give back your tests. This test must have been really difficult because the only one who got full marks is Youngjae. Youngjae, come get your test.”         

            She flashed him a winsome smile and it was with shaking legs that Youngjae got up and walked slowly to his teacher.

 

this is for epiphany--

hehe love ya guys