B.A.P 7th Anniversary Special

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            Daehyun giggled as he glanced nervously at his phone. The stream of comments coming in was making him very excited. “Babyz are really the best,” he whispered.

            Himchan peered over from where he was hanging a banner. “Why are you whispering? We’re throwing an online surprise party.”

            “I’m just way too excited. I can’t wait to see their reactions.”

            “You’d think another fandom by now would be crying hysterically and throwing out words like ‘disbandment’ and ‘goodbye,’” Youngjae commented dryly and Daehyun giggled again as he helped to place the confetti all over the floor of the brand new studio.

            “But not our Babyz. They stick with us until the very end. Babyz are the best.” He said all of this proudly.

            It was going to be a party. All of the members had come to an agreement and understanding that they would leave the company. What happened next was more of a mystery, but they had promised each other to stay together, even if it also meant plenty more solo activities. It was time for the members to fill in their own shoes and pave their own careers. But the bond to be together was strong, so they bought a studio, hired a crew, and are ready to go once again as six.

            Himchan stepped down from the ladder. “Can you look at the banner and tell me if it’s hanging straight?”

            Youngjae pursed his lips. “Hyung, the right upper corner needs to be a little more down. It’s a little lopsided.”

            “Yeah, yeah, and why don’t you get me a surface gage while you’re at it.” Youngjae stuck out his tongue at his sarcastic hyung. The three of them were in charge of decorating the studio while the other three were out buying refreshments.

            Daehyun grabbed a pile of balloons and started blowing them up. His cheeks puffed as he pulled away to complain. “There has to a faster way to do this.”        

            “There is, you idiot,” Youngjae appeared with an air pump. “This. You’re doing the big balloons. You can’t possibly expect to use your breath all the way. It’ll be our next anniversary before you’re done.” Daehyun grabbed the instrument and muttered his gratitude before resuming his task with enthusiasm.

            “You know, the company still hasn’t released an official statement.”

            “That’s okay. It’s not like we don’t do their jobs half the time anyway,” Himchan grinned. There was a low whistle from his two other companions and they thought about all the hardships they had to face. The frustration was clear.

            “We’re back!” Yongguk struggled through the door holding grocery bags while Jongup came in with a large cake in his hands and Junhong had a big bouquet of flowers in his. The boys proceeded to place the bags of food on the table and Himchan immediately beckoned Junhong over.

            “Come help me with the banner.” The maknae easily reached up and adjusted the corner.

            As the clock slowly approached midnight, Daehyun excitedly gathered all the members around. “Come on, we should start the Live soon!”

            The six members sat in their respective age orders and Daehyun counted down until the long hand finally ticked to twelve. “Hello, this is B.A.P, Yes Sir!”

            Immediately once the live stream was started. The congratulatory comments began to flood in. “Hello everyone, this is B.A.P’s forever leader, Bang Yongguk and we want to thank Babyz for being with us all these years. Tonight we are going to have a celebration so all of you can send in your favorite song requests or questions and we will field them later.”

            Himchan raised a hand to the camera. “It’s been a long year, hasn’t it? I’m sorry we weren’t able to present too many good news to you but hopefully this year will be different and we will continue to walk further together.”

            Daehyun clapped his hands together as he shone brightly. “Our lovely Babyz, I hope you are all well. Thank you for staying up with us and staying to hear our live. We promise we won’t let you down. Have you been well? Have you been eating?”

            By the time the camera panned to Youngjae, the tip of his nose was already red and he coughed. “2018 hasn’t been a very happy year but the new resolution is to move forward well. We learn from all our hardships and knowing that we have Babyz behind us makes it so much easier.”

            “Hello Babyz!” Jongup waved at the camera. “If you’re tired of listening to our same songs over and over again, sorry! There will be new continent soon and I hope everyone remembers to eat well!”

            Junhong cleared his throat, still a little shy after all these years. “I hope everyone has watched me grow up well. I started when I was a teenager but now I’m all grown up and I want to thank everyone for their wonderful support. I love you Babyz!”

            Each word out of their mouths were for the fans and the hour passed along happily until finally Yongguk lifted his hand. “Everyone, we promised that we would have something to say. I want everyone to rest assured that contracts ending does not mean goodbyes. In fact, we want to announce our new beginning. We want to announce that B.A.P will still be together and that we have plans to release new music together. This studio that you see is going to be our new working space. We hope to make this our second home in the time to come and wish Babyz will continue to support us.”

            Each of the members shouted their “I love you’s” before Yongguk led the group in one more greeting. “Up until now, it has been B.A.P, Yes Sir!”

            And in true Best Absolute Perfect fashion, the camera screen went pitch black but you could hear Daehyun’s voice as he sighed, “Our Babyz are really the best, aren’t they?”

            “Yeah,” Youngjae chimed in. “They’re really the most beautiful.”

 

Happy 7th Anniversary to my favorite six boys.

I will never love another group like I love you. It has been an amazing six and a half years since I became a Baby and there are no regrets.

I cannot wait to see what else the future has in store.