Yongguk 141

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            The entire house was a mess. Clothes were strewn all over the floor, toys flung in every direction and the furniture in complete disarray. There were raised voices and the pattering of feet coming from the second floor. Above the din, came a sharp cry. The cry, short at first, lengthened to a desperate, heart-wrenching wail and Yongguk ran up the stairs two at a time.

            He flung the door to the nursery open and picked up his baby daughter. The infant sobbed lustily for a few seconds more before hiccupping and coughing, her lungs finally out of breath. She opened her eyes and saw her father, smiling down at her and reciprocated in kind. For a few seconds, the house was quiet and Yongguk’s gaze was tethered to the bundle of warmth in his arms.

            “Daddy!” Standing in the doorway was the three year old terror who had created the chaos downstairs. “Hold me! Hold me!” Yongwon pounded his foot on the floor and tried to jump up his father’s leg.

            The sudden movement startled Kyuri and puckered as she prepared to cry again.

            “Yongwon!” Yongguk hissed at his son, jerking out of the way to comfort his baby. “Please. Your sister is trying to sleep. Can we be a little quiet?”

            The little boy was surprised at the sudden movement and had been standing there in shock, with his mouth open. But when reality of the situation hit, his lower lip began to tremble. His handsome face crumpled in despair and he sank down onto the floor in an almost comedic dramatic fashion.

            “Nobody loves me anymore,” he exhaled. His sobs were quieter than his baby sister’s but the way he tucked his body into himself was more heartbreaking.

            “There he is!” His wife burst into the room, too late to view what had happened before, and saw the vision before her eyes. “Yongguk? What’s going on?”

            Yongwon was choking into his sleeves, and rubbing his runny nose across the very same fabric. Luckily, Kyuri had fallen back asleep, completely oblivious to her brother’s current dilemma.

            “Here, take her.” Yongguk handed his precious bundle to his wife and bent down to pick up his son.

            Yongwon resisted very little but continued to sob pityingly. “Ever since Kyuri came home, mommy and daddy forgot about me. Yongwon’s heart is very broken.”

            He exchanged looks with his wife, and saw that she was fighting back a grin. It was quite funny, hearing a three year old refer to himself in the third person. Yongguk rocked his son in his arms and carried him downstairs. Using his leg to kick the toys and clothes off the sofa to clear room, Yongguk sat down and Yongwon buried his face into his father’s chest.

            “Yongwon’s heart hurts very much.”

            His wife had followed them down and she had completely lost control. She was bent over by the stairs, gasping for breath. Yongguk was not going to be immature like her, so he ignored her. He peeled Yongwon away for air and solemnly stared into the red face of the extremely distraught three year old.

            “Bang Yongwon, what makes you think nobody loves you?”

            The child was quiet for a while before deciding that he had to take advantage of the attention that was placed on him. “Mommy doesn’t ever sing me to sleep anymore.” He turned around to shoot his mother an accusing look. Thankfully, she had long recovered from her laughing fit and was sitting across from them looking quite contrite.

            “Oh baby, every time I come into your room, you’re already asleep because you were reading your big boy books.”

            “I only read them because I had no other choice. I was reading and waiting for Mommy.” The child turned his sorrowful eyes to Yongguk. “And Daddy doesn’t play Superhero with me anymore.”

            This was partially because of the baby, and also because work has been piling up and Yongguk was coming home late nearly every night. “That’s not because Daddy doesn’t love you anymore. It is because Daddy has a lot of people he needs to save in the day and at night, he’s just too tired.”

            “So does Yongwon need to go solo now?”

            In the span of a year, the child’s vocabulary has grown tremendously. Despite the serious atmosphere, Yongguk couldn’t help but feel a pride in his son. “No, absolutely not. He just needs to go on some adventures and report back to Daddy so then we can be more efficient.”

            If he thought this was enough to placate the precocious child, Yongguk was wrong. “And what if we never get to work together?” Yongwon stared suspiciously at his father.

            “Then let us make the Superhero Oath. I promise to fight evil and bring justice with my only sidekick, Yongwon.”

            This worked, but only for a little bit. “And what about Kyuri?”

            “What about her?”

            “She cannot join us.”

            Yongguk laughed. “It will just be the two of us, okay?”

            Yongwon thought about it. To go the extra mile, Yongguk made two hearts with his fingers and placed them before his eyes. “Will Yongwon please forgive Daddy?”

            The child glanced at his mother and saw that she too was doing the same gesture. With a happy grin, he placed a hand on his father’s chest and declared imperiously, “I now announce that Mommy and Daddy are both forgiven.” As an afterthought, he added, “But tonight, Daddy and I have to fight together, and Mommy needs to come sing.”

            “Yes, Master Bang,” came the chorus of agreement from the two parents and the child hopped off Yongguk’s lap, and eagerly started climbing the stairs to his room.

 

I CANNOT BELIEVE B.A.P IS HAVING ANOTHER COMEBACK

MY HEART IS NOT READY

also been pretty inspired to write, so I'm hoping to finally finish this set of requests hehe it's been two and a half years, way too long