Jongup 98

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            I swear, it’s as if a ghost out there has a crush on me and is keeping all the boys away from me. There must be a reason why I’ve been single all nineteen of my years. Secret admirer ghost? If you’re out there, please wait until I’m dead to come get me. Right now, let me have a breathing boyfriend first. –Sincerely, me

 

            Jongup was not quite a ghost. Ghosts were a man-made entity that did not exist. Angels, on the other hand, were very much real. So when Jongup read in her diary that she thought it was a ghost with a crush on her, he had to chuckle. Because of course you would blame a ghost and not an angel. Angels, after all, were supposed to be just that.

 

            He first noticed her when he was doing his rounds. That was his job. As an angel, he could help guide people’s actions and sometimes he could interfere if it meant that one more person was saved. So he was doing his rounds, already exhausted from having to make a man who would potentially text and drive unable to start his car and holding down a window from where a crazy eighteen year old would have thrown a glass bottle out and hit someone.

 

            Jongup was floating along the streets of Seoul when he saw a girl with her headphones in. His alarms were tingling and he swooped in next to her to see just what she was going to do. Of course. She was going to not pay attention, nearly walk into on-coming traffic, cause a taxi driver to swerve and hit a pole, and the results would be horrendous. Humans never failed to baffle him.  

 

            He had managed to pull one of her earbuds out with a brush of his hand and that alerted her to the honking of the taxi. When the cab driver pulled aside to give her a piece of his mind, Jongup was surprised to find the girl bowing in apology.

 

            “I’m sorry! I really didn’t see you there. I’m sorry. I hope I didn’t do any damages.”

 

            He’s been circulating Earth for a while now and never once has Jongup seen a person who apologized. That was the first time.

 

            The second time, he knew there must be something guiding him to her because she was running down a hill, her book bag open and books threatening to fall. The new potential hazard? She was going to stop in the middle and some idiot skateboarding would hit her and fall off and crack his head open. So Jongup stayed by her side and kept her book bag closed for her. He kept his hand on the gap and effortlessly held it together until she sat down on the bus stop.

 

            Angels weren’t allowed to touch humans intentionally so it was a miracle he was able to save her the way he did. If there was a salary in Heaven, he’d be a billionaire by now. To keep her safe, he stayed by her side until she got on the bus. Jongup stared at her curiously and was caught by how beautiful she looked just sitting by herself and drawing in a sketchbook. If he had a heart, it would be palpitating.

 

            Even though he had other missions, he started to seek her out. There was no rule against having human favorites. Angels were supposed to help everyone and as long as he didn’t’ neglect them, nobody could stop him. But Jongup was only a guardian angel. The emotions were ruled by another angel, and it was to him that he went to seek advice.

 

            “Hey, Junhong, do you mind letting me know whenever you think anyone’s going to like this girl?” They were floating along and he pointed at her.

 

            Junhong gave him a knowing smirk. “Interested?”  

 

            “Yep.”

 

            “You can’t keep her from dating ever, you know?”

 

            “I can try for as long as I can.”

 

            “Hey. She’s got to live her life too.”

 

            Jongup nodded. “I know. But just a little bit. I’m just going to wait for someone who does deserve her, okay?”

 

            Junhong had shrugged and rolled out a parchment. “Him, and him. Both are in her art class. I don’t know how you’re going to keep them apart because you’re not allowed to control their actions, but you can certainly check out the competition.”

 

            “Pfft, what competition? It’s not like we can be together anyway,” Jongup said, half joking, half sad.         

 

            Junhong butted his fellow angel on the arm. “Be careful. Feelings can hurt. I would know.”

 

            Neither of the boys was to his liking, and so he started to concoct plans to keep them from approaching her. That was hard, considering how he wasn’t allowed to directly control them. So Jongup ingenuously moved obstacles in their way. He just made sure nobody questioned why the trashcan was suddenly moving into the middle of the hallway by itself.

 

            Once, he was late from a mission and one of them was sitting next to her. “So would you like to be my model? I’ll make you really pretty.”

 

            Jongup waited anxiously. Please say no. She had arched a brow but replied in a quite flirty manner. “Aren’t’ artists supposed to stay true to original?”

 

            The boy had leaned back cockily. “Not at all. I believe in our field, it’s something called creative license?”

 

            Because Jongup knew this boy was no good and would potentially hurt her, he splashed paint on his shirt when she reached for her palette. “What the hell! If you didn’t want to, you could have just said so!”

 

            She was stammering and apologizing, but he had already stormed away. Jongup felt bad but he knew he was also protecting her so that eased the discomfort.

 

            Junhong was watching, shaking his head, as he tried to control the boy’s anger. “You can’t keep them away forever.”

 

            Forever didn’t last long. In her third year, Jongup finally saw a boy who he approved of. In fact, he reminded him a lot of himself. He tugged Junhong along on their first date, and when Junhong gave him the thumbs up, Jongup finally stopped the antics. Through the years, he’s had his work cut out, saving her from prematurely killing other people, and also saving her from heartbreak.

 

            That night, he was by her side for the last time and saw that she was looking at the journal entry from so long ago. She looked up, straight where he was, and he stilled. There was no way she could see him.

 

            “Thanks guardian angel,” she giggled. “I’ll be your girlfriend in our next life, okay?” And because Jongup still hadn’t shaken off the crush, he smiled and floated back on the streets, utterly elated. 

 

 

this is for Himeka12

thank you to everyone's support. I'm doing better and situations are getting better so let's finish the year happily

B.A.P is posting more and it's like 2015 is so much more promising 

Also: here's a selca thingy for you guys akdjhgkajdhajkgha /hides forever/