Himchan 101

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “Hana needs three spoonfuls of the powder and the milk warmed just right in order to sleep through most of the night.”

            “I think Himjong’s first tooth is growing in. He’s been fussy all day and his gums look swollen.”

            Himchan slammed back against the bed and looked at his wife. “Can we not talk about the babies for once?” he groaned.

            His wife, lying in a similar position across from him, turned her head to stare at him. “You’re right. They’re with my mother tonight. We are definitely allowed to take a break.”

            A small smirk was building on Himchan’s face and he slid over to her. “So, should we take the opportunity to do what adults do when their children aren’t in the house?”

            She adjusted herself so that her head was on the pillow and promptly turned over so her back was to him. “Himchan, I’m tired. We’ve been literally running around with two babies all day. If you think I have the energy to do anything more than that, I’m going to show you otherwise. Good night.”

            He pouted. “I wasn’t talking about that!” he protested. “Although that would be a nice finale to what I was planning.” She raised her arm and flipped him off and he chuckled. “I was just wondering when the last time we had gone on a date was.”

            “A date?” This caught her attention and she flipped around to look at him curiously. “But it’s midnight.”

            “Honey, who says we had to go out? We have an entire two-story house to ourselves. I think we can make something work out.”

            Himchan forced himself to get out of bed and held out his hand to her. “Come on. Let’s go.”

            She took it reluctantly, groaning the entire way downstairs. He parked her on the couch. “Stay here and close your eyes. Don’t fall asleep though!”

            She giggled and hugged the cushion to her. “Okay.”

            Himchan quickly ran to the kitchen to get the coffee maker on. He took out mugs and marshmallows then went into the closet to look for giant cushions and placed them all over the floor. He grabbed a couple of blankets and placed them next to the white cushions as well.

            “Okay, you can look now.”

            When she opened her eyes, he held in front of her a steaming mug of hot chocolate, complete with marshmallows and whipped cream. “Wow, you did all this in ten minutes?”

            They settled comfortably onto the cushions and she closed her eyes. “I really can just fall asleep here.”

            “You can’t,” he objected. “I’m going for a marshmallow wonderland look, okay. You are the Marshmallow Princess and I’m the Prince. You are supposed to be a good host and entertain me while I’m visiting your kingdom. You can’t fall asleep.”

            She stared at him pointedly. “May I remind you that this whole ruse is your idea?”

            Himchan pouted. After a few minutes, she gave in. “Okay, Prince, what’s your idea of a good time?”

            He glared at her. “You’re so lame! Okay, never mind. Forget that. I’ll be the Marshmallow Prince.”

            His wife was laughing by now as she took in how serious he was being. “Channie, you know as long as we’re together, I don’t care what we do, right?”

            “I know. Come here.” He held his arms out, waiting. She placed her empty mug on the coffee table and slid over to him, tucking her head under his chin.

            “Can we just sleep here?”

            “Yes. When are the kids coming back?”

            “Sometime in the next two days. I think my mom is keeping them hostage.”

            The cushions were really too comfortable and even though Himchan had planned out an epic pillow fight, and storytelling, those can wait. His eyes were drooping sleepily and, when he looked down at her, hers were already closed.

            He tried one last attempt to talk to her. “Thank you for our babies.”

            She hummed in acknowledgment. “Go to sleep. Don’t get mushy on me. Last time you got mushy, the twins happened.”

            Grinning from the memory, Himchan shifted so that she was more comfortably settled on his chest. “You know, we have tomorrow for the pillow fight, right?”

            “Mhm.”

            He frowned. “Hey, aren’t you going to answer me at all? What is all this humming and noise business?”

            She moved suddenly and kissed him to stop any more words. “Love you, now go sleep. You’re going to need to have energy if you want to win that pillow fight. I’ve been working out, you know. Lifting one baby on each arm is quite a feat.”

            Now Himchan was happy. He kissed the top of her head and finally allowed himself to close his eyes. “Good night.”

 

this is for violin852 :)