Youngjae 91

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It was something new that the schools were starting and Youngjae was definitely interested. It was the chance for parents to observe, for a certain period of time, their children interacting with their peers at school. Even though it was only elementary school, kindergarten at that, social skills at the time are being developed and were extremely important.

            “I’m going to sign up,” he declared to his very amused wife.            

            “To do what? Spy on Youngsuk?”

            “Well, I have my own theories and I plan on testing them.”

            She flicked him on the forehead. “Go ahead. Do tell me if you are proven right.”

            “Oh, I’m generally right. I just want to be more sure.”

            And so the appointment was arranged and now Youngjae was settling into his seat. He had requested his son to be placed in the small room with another classmate. The classmate he especially requested was a certain daughter of his best friend.

            Youngsuk came in with Jaylie and immediately the two of them settled into their own playing corners. Youngsuk was absorbed by his cars and the train set while Jaylie was more focused on her dolls. Youngjae waited patiently. Interaction was sure to come.

            The two children played on their own until one of the cars rolled off and went into Jaylie’s corner. Youngjae leaned forward. He knew his wife would laugh at him, calling him a creep but he was fascinated to see what would happen.

            Youngsuk walked over carefully and stretched his hand. The car was a bit close to Jaylie and the boy risked touching her if he continued. “Jaylie?” he asked. “Can you pass me my car?”

            Jaylie looked down and smiled sweetly. “Of course Oppa!” Only one year younger, Jaylie had thrown a fit until her parents had allowed to enroll in school with the “big kids” early, and now she was in Youngsuk’s grade.

            Youngsuk took the car and was about to return to his corner of isolation when he hesitated. He looked at Jaylie. “Would you like to play with me?” Youngjae sat forward. His son had always avoided playing with girls his own age, with Jaylie being the one exception. Never mind the fact that they had grown up together, there was something else there, and he knew it.

            Jaylie beamed at Youngsuk and nodded. “Can I?”

            “Yeah! You can be in charge of the traffic and I’ll be the drivers, controlling the cars.”

            She followed him to the table and Youngsuk made vroom vroom noises with his mouth as he veered the cars around the tracks. Suddenly Jaylie threw her arm down in an attempt to stop him and he rammed the car right into her. Her lips slid into a pout and she whimpered slightly.

            Youngjae stood. Where were the teachers in case something happened? But as he was about to go out and get someone, he saw his son. On Youngsuk’s face was a look of absolute concern and he took Jaylie’s arm.

            “Oh no, I’m sorry. Look, you can be the police too and you can arrest the bad drivers who disobeyed the traffic laws. Okay, Jaylie, okay?”

            Jaylie’s frown slowly lifted into a smile and she looked up at him in almost a flirty way, and Youngjae grinned, knowing that if Daehyun saw this, he would have a heart attack. “I think so. Can I throw you into jail because you’re the driver?”

            Youngsuk laughed and stood up. He placed his hands behind his back. “I guess I have no choice but to take responsibility.”

            Youngjae’s eyebrows shot up at the skinship as she locked his wrists with her fingers and playfully pushed him to the couch. “Ya!” she shouted with a small cry. “Sit here and don’t talk!” Youngsuk clamped his lips together and she giggled happily.

            Thinking he has seen enough, Youngjae stood and walked outside. “Thank you,” he told the administrators quietly and the two kids were put back in their classrooms.

            Youngjae was smiling from ear to ear as he thought about the events he had just witnessed. Daehyun may throw tantrums and deny it, but sooner or later, the two of them would end up with one another. He has never seen his five year old react so nicely to another girl and he quite liked the little girl.

            When he walked into the house, his wife was waiting. “So how was it spying on your child?”

            “I think we already found ourselves a daughter-in-law.”

            “Jaylie?” She grinned.

            He wiggled his eyebrows. “You should see Youngsuk around her. He’s so cute. I swear when he accidentally hit her, if he were older, he would have kissed her arm or something. I can’t wait until Daehyun finds out.”

            “Oh gosh, when Daehyun finds out, we may have to get a restraining for Youngsuk. I don’t think he’d be pleased.”

            Youngjae smirked. “Oh he can be as displeased as he wants. He doesn’t have to come to the wedding.”

 

hehe because a lot of people ship Youngsuk and Jaylie ^^