Youngjae 104

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It was thirty minutes before the start of the wedding ceremony and you were going to have a heart attack. Out of every important item at a wedding, besides the bride and the groom, the ring was missing.   You took in a deep breath. Now was not the time to panic.

            First, you were going to be start searching without letting people know you were searching. That would cause an uproar and in an already high stress environment, the added tension would be unnecessary. So you slowly walked casually around the makeup room to check. It wasn’t under the massive pile of makeup and tissues nor was the box hidden in the pile of clothes by the dresser. You scanned the entire room, trying to appear casual among the mess of bridesmaids running around. The bride herself was still trying to slip on the garter so you slipped out of the room.

            There was now twenty minutes left before the bride was to set out and you were feeling the urgency. In your mind, you retraced all your steps. You had received the rings from the bridesmaid in the hallway behind the staircase. That should be the first place you can check. You kept walking and looked at the hallway. There was nothing there.

            You remembered being stopped by a bunch of caterers while you were trying to move back to the makeup room. But where did they stop you? You continued from the staircase and walked down the hallway. There was a small dresser and you distinctly remembered placing the box on it. What you did not remember was picking it back up.

            “Crap.” You allowed yourself this one utterance before deciding to hell with being a lady. You had to find the rings. You slipped off the heels that had been only a hindrance to you and crouched down, grateful that weddings required long dresses.   

            You looked under the dresser and then behind it, grunting a little as you pushed it out. You were just being desperate at this point.

            “Looking for something?”      

            At the sound of a voice, you snapped your head upwards and pain exploded in your skull. In your haste, you had slammed the back of your head against the wall. And you stared. Whether it was because of the extreme eye candy that appeared in front of you or the heavy hit to the head, you did not know. But you stared.

            “Are you okay?” Eye candy asked and the vision of perfection was kneeling down and extending one hand to you. Again, you stared at the proffered hand dumbly before realizing that you had make social interaction.

            “Oh, yeah,” you smiled weakly and rubbed your head. “Just a little hit.”

            “Don’t tell me the maid of honor is already tipsy even before the party’s started,” he joked and you glanced left right. This was not the time to be friendly. You absolutely had to find the ring. “Sorry,” he apologized at your lack of response. “Were you looking for something? Maybe I can be of assistance?”

            You glanced at the clock on the wall. You had eleven minutes. Yes, you definitely had to swallow your pride and ask for help. “Yeah. I do need help actually.” He cocked his head in waiting. “There’s this box that is very important. It’s a black box. Small, and I need it.”

            Eye candy, you had to really stop calling him that, thought a little bit and grinned. “No way. You didn’t lose the bride’s ring did you?”

            Your face burned and he laughed. “I’m Youngjae, by the way. Let me look for you. I’m going to assume this was the last place you saw it?”

            He was on his hands and knees, crawling on the carpet, searching for you. “You really shouldn’t be on the floor. Ladies shouldn’t get their hands dirty.”

            The thought was nice, but you were also getting desperate so you let go of your image a little. Who said that putting on a dress and makeup was going to make you one hundred percent a lady? You snorted. “Okay, Youngjae. But right now I need to find the rings or else this wedding will be an utter disaster. There would not be a maid of honor, there would only be a special surprise meat dish.”

            Youngjae wrinkled his nose. “Okay, gross image. Besides this place, do you remember where else you went?”

            You thought long and hard. “That’s it. After the caterers stopped me, I went straight back to the room. And I already searched. I don’t know.”

            “Think a little harder,” he prompted.

            Now that you thought about it, there had been another person. Someone had knocked into you, muttered a quick apology but you hadn’t really looked at them. You just saw a flash of- A flash of white patterns. 

            “You!” you glared at the man in front of you.

            Youngjae’s hand was out one more time. In the palm of his hand was the coveted black box. “At your service, ma’am.”

            “Why?” you were so relieved, you were near tears. You took the box from him and felt your legs wobble slightly. Forget putting heels back on, you weren’t even sure you could walk, that was how quickly the tension left you.

            He shrugged a little and flashed a set of white teeth at you. “I figured you would come looking. And those who want to be found, must be looked for first, right?”

            He was speaking in mysteries that you did not have time to interpret. “Thanks again.” You told him sarcastically and turned to go.

            “Wait!” Youngjae called out. “I just wanted a chance to introduce myself to you. I’ll see you at the end of the aisle. Thank goodness the best man has a dance with the maid of honor. We’ll talk again,” he grinned.

            You turned back once to see him wink and leave down the other side of the hallway. Once safely alone, you smiled to yourself. Not bad, Eye Candy, not bad. 

 

 

I want to really thank you all for your never ending support. It's nice to hear from old readers once in a while and I hope you all can continue to talk to me. ^^

♥♥♥ All my love to my Potatomatoes