Yongguk 134

B.A.P. Oneshots III

 

The entire studio was filled with the pattering of feet. Within the wide room were also echoes of laughter, both deep and high and everyone knew that the latest photo shoot for Daddy Magazine was going on. There was no need to guess, either, who the stars of this shoot would be.

            Yongguk was sitting in the middle of the room and like a planet around the sun, his son was running in circles around him. The onlookers commented on the interaction between the father-son pair.

            “Look at Yongguk. He’s so young and yet he knows how to truly love children.”

            “He’s been playing nonstop with Yongwon ever since they got here.”

            Currently, Yongguk had his face covered with a scarf and as Yongwon ran, giggling, Yongguk would pull off the scarf and attempt to lasso the three year old with it. Each time, however, Yongguk would move at a snail’s pace and narrowly miss Yongwon’s tiny body as he went zooming past.

            This went on for a solid twenty minutes before the little boy finally collapsed in exhaustion. Yongwon’s body hit the ground softly and he placed his cheek on the floor. He blinked at his father before planting one hand before the other and pushed himself towards him.

            Yongguk picked his son up and placed him on his lap. “Are you tired now?”

            Yongwon nodded and didn’t try to stifle a yawn as the cameras continued to click. They were meant to be candid photos and so no flash was used to alert the duo that their tiny moments together were being captured.

            “How are you going to model with daddy if you’re so tired now?”

            Yongwon gave a tiny shrug of his shoulders and snuggled into Yongguk’s stomach as he prepared himself for sleep. Yongguk glanced up at the photographers with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I don’t want to delay the shoot at all but I think he’s going to need to take a nap before we come back.”

            “That’s completely fine. We have a lot of candid photos and so we can save the modeling for the second half.”

            Having obtained permission, Yongguk picked his son up and walked back to the dressing room. Yongguk had done a good job keeping his children out of the spotlight as he went on tours and interviews. But when the offer came, even his wife pushed him to do it.

            “It’s not giving the kids unwanted attention. It’s an opportunity for them to see what you do every day and for you to share your work with your children.”

            Yongguk brought his son because his daughter was still too young, and he’d only do it for family magazines, with his wife. Yongwon was still young enough to not fully understand what he was doing but old enough to follow certain instructions.

            The hardest part for the toddler was sitting still as they put powder on him. His small body wiggled with every pat of the brush and it was only his father’s presence next to him that kept him in his seat.

            Yongguk scrolled through his phone until Yongwon stirred. He sat up and smiled, the playful light starting to come back into his eyes. “Are you ready to do daddy’s job now?”

            At his nod, Yongguk carried his son back to the photographing area. “We’re ready!”

            The series of poses they did was simple and natural. Yongwon liked being able to play with the props and having his father hold him. He especially liked the attention the aunties gave him whenever he smiled just so at the camera.

            “Aigoo, he’s inherited Bbang’s gummy smile,” they would whisper and even though Yongwon didn’t understand what that meant, it was obviously a good thing.

            His favorite part of the entire shoot was being able to run around his dad and have him try to catch him. It was like the game they were playing earlier but this time, they had music. Whenever the music stopped, Yongwon would stop running and would hop onto his father’s arm or back, wherever he happened to be.

            At the end of the shoot, he got to sit on daddy’s shoulders and peer at the computer screen and scroll through all their pictures. “That one!” he shouted. Yongwon was pointing at a picture of Yongguk holding him above his head and he was pretending to be an airplane, with his arms outstretched. He liked that one because he felt safe with his daddy holding him.

            “This one?”

            At Yongwon’s happy nod, the head photographer had the picture printed and laminated. “For you, Yongwonnie.”

            Because he was taught his manners, he bowed deeply and whispered a shy thank you before sinking back into his dad to admire the picture. Throughout the entire car ride back, Yongwon would stare at the photo and giggle, happy that he could spend the whole day with his daddy without mommy or Kyuri to disturb them.

            Right before going into the house, Yongwon leaned over and kissed Yongguk’s cheek. “Appa, I love you,” he said innocently because at three, that was still acceptable and the laugh and kiss he got was reward enough. 

 

this is for myung7ho7namu :) 

It's B.A.P's anniversary there so HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

My gift will come later when it's the 26th here ^^