Youngjae 99

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “Huk,” Youngjae took in his final, dying gasp and redoubled over in pain. “I-I don’t think I c-can make it,” he rasped. His mouth was opening and closing as he tried to take in air.

            “Now, Mr. Yoo, I can quite assure you that a minor stomachache isn’t going to kill you,” the doctor smiled.            

            He raised an eyebrow at her and shook his head. “You don’t understand. It is killing me.”

            There was an amused smile on her lips as she reached over him to adjust the IV bag. “Well, I’ve been putting you on mild medication for a while and it looks like you’re completely fine. I’ll fill out the paperwork and you can go home within the day.”

            “Home? Already?”

            “Most patients are clapping by now,” she responded a little dryly. He sank into his sheets and watched her go in mild horror.

            This was how Youngjae ended up back in the hospital a few weeks later. He was clutching his sides as blood soaked through the white T-shirt he had purposely worn. The moment he walked in, she was there, attending him.

            She worked professionally and quickly hooked him up to the necessary machines before gingerly lifting his shirt. “That looks like quite a deep cut. What happened?”

            Youngjae was silent for a while as he tried to control his heart rate. Everything was being monitored and he was about to be embarrassed if she looked up and saw the spike on the machine. The only thing that he could think about was that she was listing up his shirt.

            “Mr. Yoo?” she prompted.

            “Call me Youngjae,” he rasped out. Suave. Very suave.

            “Okay,” and the bemused tone was back. Why did she always sound like that when working with him? “May I know what happened now, Youngjae?”

            “Oh, I was cutting vegetables and suddenly my hand slipped and the knife slipped and it managed to just sink into my stomach.” He looked down and then stared at her and pouted. “Save me please.”

            The doctor laughed and nodded. “You’ll be fine. I promise.”

            She cleaned up the wound and stopped the blood. “You just need to keep this bandage over it at all times, okay?”

            “Is that all?” That could not be all. He went through all that pain and trouble. She was definitely not leaving him after only one hour.

            “Yes. Hopefully I won’t be seeing you next time. Nurse Choi will be here shortly to assist with anything else.”

            As she turned to go, Youngjae shouted out. “Wait!”

            She looked back at him. “Yes?”

            “My heart,” he clutched at his chest. “My heart hurts. It’s like there is a sharp prick that keeps stabbing it and every time I breathe, it’s painful.”

            “Is it hurting now? Does your heart rate speed up?”

            “Yes, it’s hurting very much right now. It does speed up a little but the point is the prickling feeling.”

            She approached him again and pulled up a chair next to the bed. He watched her in fascination as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a phone. “Here, you can leave your number with me. That way you can reach me whenever you have something.”

            Youngjae was overjoyed. Could it be that his plans had worked? A date certainly meant ‘something’ right? He punched in his number and she stood. “I’ll need to find a cardiologist to look at your heart.”

            “N-no, it’s okay. You can do some testing yourself.”

            She stared at him for a moment and he saw the slightest hint of a smirk dance across her lips as she leaned in a little too closely. His heart rate went berserk once more and he tried to control his breathing.

            “I’m sorry, Mr. Yoo, but unfortunately, I’m married.”

            She pulled out a ring from her pocket and smiled apologetically at him. Youngjae’s mouth well open and he felt heat rise up to his ears.

            “Well,  I suppose you can get a cardiologist,” he stammered.

            She dipped her head and walked back down the hallway. Youngjae watched her go then quickly tore out the various machinery he was attached to. He made his way down the hall and into the elevators, rapidly pressing the close button. Well, there goes the chances of his coming back to this hospital. Well, on the bright side, he decided, he no longer had to fake injuries to see her. 

 

this is for K-Popfangurl23 

I really like trolling with Youngjae a little too much....