I(')m Yoona

My Devil in Prada
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you are a graduate of marketing?” The thick professional voice covers the aquarium like interview room.


"Yes, ma’am" A professional looking individual answered politely and that leaves a smile on the one who asked the question.


The interviewer looking at the girl across the table very impress with her credentials as she is reading in her mind what is written on the paper ‘one of the top performers in her class, vice president of the student council, president of the chess club, math club, science club, active member of the environment group’ she was smiling but her looks changed when she noticed one thing...

 

"Is this a typographical error?” interviewer raises an eyebrow obviously she was shock but she kept herself professional. "You graduated, 2013? Or is it 2014?"

'Oh boy' she thought and answered as she started to startle, "No it is not an error I graduated last year" She answered hesitantly.

The interviewer was shock. Furious, for Yoona know what is running to the head of the fat woman across her. 'I bet she is thinking that I am a lazy without taking anything seriously or I have rich parents who support me or worse that I am a fraud. Oh, there is the look again (as the interviewer looks at her with insult).come on ask it, ask what have I been doing for the last year and we are two questions away for this interview to end' thoughts running in Yoona's head.

"So what have you been doing for the past year?" 

'Taking care of my busy girlfriend' Yoona’s thought. 

"I hope you will not say that you are taking care of someone, to be honest that is a lame excuse" interviewer said with a forced smile on her face, "so what it is really?"

Yoona is trying to organize her thoughts because what else is to say?  She heard this question for the nth time and she still has no alibi on it. She starts sweating and her gaze can’t focus on one thing.

"Miss Im, are you okay?" Interviewer asks in concern, she even tried holding Yoona.  "Huh?...Uhm" Yoona replied, looking confused on the interviewer, why did she not find any job a year ago? Why? Oh yes, because she kind of like pretending the wife of a famous person.

"I really liked your profile, I think you will do a great job but if I let you pass this interview it is me who will be dinged by the big boss because of recency, I am pretty much sure you have your reasons and all sorts but a piece of advice try to think what you've done for the past year and relate it to what you want to achieve or what you are applying for, some companies go for will than skill but in our case it is different" Interviewer smiled "I am sorry but it is not a fit, Nice meeting you Miss Im"

Yoona was stunned, she was rejected again but her feeling is not worse than before, she was not angry at the interviewer unlike the previous times wherein she planned assassination of each and every interviewer that she talked to. They shook hands and both said "Thank you!"

Yoona went out of the building reminiscing why she ended up to be unemployed for the past year and thinking how could it be a help in her job search. She was very tired walking with her heels so she decided to stop for a while. She then sat on a coffee table outside a cafe and put her head on the table about to burst in tears. A bus with an ad of a tooth paste on it stops in front of her; she suddenly talked to the person who will not really reply because it is just a picture. "I miss you, I miss kissing and cuddling with you Yul."

Yoona and Yuri have been in a relationship for over three years now. Yuri is one of the highest paid models in Korea; she has a lot of endorsements from top end products. She is actually the reason why Yoona can afford a year of being unemployed as she takes care of her, go to out of towns with her, or date her. She is just a plain housewife and Yuri is the good husband.

***Flashback***

 

 

It was Yoonas’ graduation.

 

Yoona is stuck in the crowd of students who are wearing their graduation gown throwing their caps in the air. She was being hugged by everyone, may it be her friends, classmates or even the people that she does not talk to during classes. She was walking away from the crowd when her phone rang. "Hey!" She answered excitedly. "How is Japan?" She asked the person on the other line.

 

"Same same, nothing changed much. Congratulations by the way!"

 

"Ah yeah... Thanks..." She said in a dull tone.

 

"Why do you sound sad? Cheer up hun, it is your day."

 

"Oh well, it could have been perfect if you're here, I have not seen you in two months. You know."

 

"Hmmm...You know that I love to be there it’s just that this thing called work is making me super busy"

 

"I know Yul, I just miss you." She said with almost a crying tone.

 

"Hey.. I miss you too and if it helps you look amazing in your graduation gown." Yuri said in a sweet tone.

 

"Haha pretending that you are here again, yeah that helps." She said while playing with her hair but the tone was a bit sarcastic of course she wants Yuri to be beside her badly.

 

"Will you stop playing with your hair Im Yoona, you look so cute and please do not bite that y lips of yours it makes me want to run to you." 

 

"Yah! Kwon, don't play with me, I just did all that!" She said while lifting her head and looking around to find Yuri.

 

"I know.. Looking for me now, Im?"

 

"Stop it!" Yoona protested she does not want to put her hopes up, but still she looks for this wonderful being.

 

"Do you really want to see me?" Yuri asked in a serious tone

 

"Of course!" Yoona shouted.

 

"I have one wish though." Still in her serious tone

 

" Sone no marebwa Kwon, I really want to see you!" Yoona sounded desperate.

 

"Live with me in Seoul." Yuri said like she is expecting a lot, like it is the only thing she wishes to have her whole life.

 

There was a moment of silent. "I..uhmm" Yoona said stuttering. Of course, there are things to consider, and moving out with her parents and living with her lover will not be easy.

 

"Hey, Yoong, relax.." Yuri said, she was afraid that her girl might reject her. "Geez, Yoong move, do not be so stiff!" She continued. “Will you turn around at least?" She said smiling.

 

Yoona, turned around slowly and she saw Yuri holding her hand up with a bouquet of flowers waving at her. She wasted no time run towards her lover’s direction, she jump all her weight to her lover while crying.

 

"I hate you!" Yoona said while hugging tightly to her lover she can smell the scent she misses more than anything, her lips could finally touch Yuri’s bare skin and this is the best graduation gift ever, her longtime girlfriend,  surprising her on this very special day, Yoona cannot be happier.

 

"I love you too, Yoong." Yuri said while returning the hug of her girl and a sweet smile plastered on her face.

 

"You don't know how happy I am today Yul. My head is over mountains, so so so glad you made it." 

 

"I would not miss it for the world, Yoon."

 

"Well, you missed our anniversary, so I was not really expe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter