Couldn't Forget You

Against It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It became Monday after a long, agonizing Sunday, devoid of communication from JungKook. He's coming back today, Seohyun had told herself yesterday. He'll tell me how much he wished he could've brought me, and how much he missed me, and how much he loves me... That thought always brought tears to her eyes, no matter how many times she had turned it over in her head. Even worse, he didn't come home on Sunday, leading her to believe that he had already forgotten about her.

"Seohyun, please get dressed," Yoona stated while she peeked in the door of the maknae's room.

"I think I'll just stay here today. Just for one day. You could tell them I'm sick," Seohyun said hopefully, staring at the ceiling as she lay back in her bed. "Maybe they wouldn't have to know how broken he made me. Maybe I could just... try to forget him."

"Seohyun, please. I know he was supposed to be here yesterday, but I promise, he couldn't forget about you. Even if he didn't love you, you're still his girlfriend. It's not possible to forget someone who meant so much to you that easily," Yoona assured her. Seohyun sat up and got out of bed, smiling at Yoona only to hide the tears threatening to fall. Yoona smiled back. "See? How can anyone ever forget such a pretty face?"

"Thank you," she replied, waiting on the seconds till Yoona closed the door. Once closed, she began getting dressed. Even if he didn't love you, you're still his girlfriend. It's not possible to forget someone who meant so much to you that easily, she thought. Yoona's words bounced around in her head.

"Maybe it's not possible. But how am I supposed to know if I mean that much to him?" Seohyun asked herself silently.

Soon after getting dressed and eating breakfast, Seohyun left for her classes with her unnies. Jin held Yuri's hand as they walked, like couples always did. YoonGi walked with his arm wrapped around Yoona's waist, ultimately looking more romantic than Jin and Yuri despite the fact that they weren't even dating yet. Seohyun walked behind all of them, watching the ground sadly because no one was next to her to take her hand like Jin, or hold her close like YoonGi, or maybe even talk to her like the others were. JungKook wasn't there to do anything with her, and she felt extremely lonely.

After all her classes finished, which came after a painfully long wait, Seohyun walked back to her dorm. She dropped off her stuff and looked in the mirror, just to see how bad she looked now. Her clothes seemed boring and old, with just a pair of jeans and long-sleeved black t-shirt. Her hair had been in a pony tail all day, so now it seemed ratty and warped. And now all she wanted to do was lie in bed and sulk because goddamn it, JungKook wasn't here.

She felt stupid for acting like this; she met this boy when she was trying to get her unnies out of a stupid party. It wasn't fair that someone she hated so much made her love him, miss him, and he made her need him, of all things. He was always on her mind, and she cursed herself for wanting him back this much.

Seohyun decided to change into a strapless blue dress and added blue heels. She also put on mascara and black eyeliner to complete her look, along with a black sweater. She had no idea why she felt like she should dress this way when all she planned on doing was going to the cafeteria with Sunny, another one of her unnies that she loved to death who lived in Taeyeon's dorm. She was glad Yuri set up a time for the two to meet.

Seohyun didn't even feel that heels were appropriate, because, even though she hated mentioning it to the older girl, Seohyun was one of the tallest of their group of friends, only surpassed by Sooyoung. And Sunny.... was one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter