People are talking

Against It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JungKook entered the dorm with a smile. Jimin proceeded to stop that, but not intentionally of course. But JungKook needed to know something.

"People are talking about you and Seohyun," Jimin said flatly.

"Wait, what do you mean?" JungKook asked.

"I mean, people around campus are saying things about the two of you and I can pretty much guarantee that none of it is good," Jimin replied.

"L-Like what?"

Jimin sighed. "I overheard one girl say, 'What a . She knows she can't touch my Kookie, right?' And two guys said you were losing your image for hanging out with her."

"Oh, someone said you guys were the worst pair ever made and you guys shouldn't even know each other," Jin pointed out.

"I heard a girl call her a who didn't deserve to talk to you," Namjoon piped. JungKook bit his lip to keep tears from falling.

"That's nothing. Someone said that you were her ," YoonGi jumped in.

He didn't listen to what the others were going to say.

JungKook ran out of the dorm into the pouring rain with no umbrella, no raincoat, not even any shoes. He had to get to Seohyun. He was especially afraid for his image for sure, but Seohyun must've been in puddles of tears by now after what people said about her! A stick snapped against his shin, making him trip and bleed, but it didn't matter. Seohyun mattered.

He knocked on the door desperately. "JungKook, are you okay?" Yoona asked, confused, as she opened the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Look, I need to know where Seohyun is right now." As he said that, Seohyun came out of her room with the same confused expression on her face as Yoona.

"JungKook?" that was all she got out of before JungKook ran inside and hugged her tightly. "Kookie, you're freezing! You're gonna catch a cold!" she said with alarm as she hugged him back.

"How can you be so calm at a time like this, Joo-hyun?" JungKook said quietly.

"What do you mean? What happened? Yoona, please go get him a towel, he's freezing," Seohyun ordered, and Yoona went off to go get a towel for JungKook.

"People are talking about us. They say I'm losing my image and I'm your , and that you're a and a and we were the most unrealistic pair ever!" JungKook said, having to pause to gasp for air in the middle. Seohyun smiled at him and shook her head.

"I haven't heard anything about that," she said.

"But they're still sayi-"

"But it's okay. I'm sure your hyungs wouldn't spread those rumours. And I know for a fact that my unnies wouldn't say anything like that," Seohyun assured him, rubbing his arm to calm him down. Yoona came back with the towel, so Seohyun pulled it from her hand and wrapped it around JungKook's shoulders.

"That's not saying much, Seohyun..."

"I have more than just Yoona and Yuri. I have eight unnies, but I was put with Yoona and Yuri in our dorm because we're awesome together," Seohyun said cheerfully. Yuri came in to watch the scene.

"There are more than just nine girls in this college, Seohyun!" JungKook yelled in distress.

"I know, but I'm saying that they wouldn't spread those rumours!" Seohyun said loudly, trying for her sake not to match his tone.

"What's that going to do for me? I have a life, too, you know!" JungKook shouted. At that remark, the whole dorm was silent. JungKook stood there nervously and Seohyun stared straight back with a hurting expression on her face.

"Okay, JungKook. Here's an idea: how about we just forget about each other for the rest of our lives? We don't talk, hang out, anything. Is that what you want?" Seohyun asked finally, cutting through the heavy silence.

JungKook felt his heart falling to the pit of his chest at her words. "No! I don't want that at all!"

"You know what? I don't care what you want. Get out of my dorm and never come back. I never want to see you again," Seohyun said as she spun on her heel and went into her bedroom, slamming the door.

"Umm, you can keep the towel," Yuri said.

"No, he can't! It's my towel and I want it washed so I don't have any JungKook germs on it!" Seohyun yelled from her room. Yoona widened her eyes but obeyed, taking the towel off of JungKook and throwing it carelessly on the couch. Yuri went to the door and opened it for him when he turned around, which was more painful being stabbed in the neck.

"Bye, JungKook. Stay warm and take care of your health~" she said.

"Stay freezing! Catch cancer!" Seohyun spat.

"Seo Joo-hyun! That's quite enough now!" Yoona yelled back, immediately shutting her up. Then she looked back to JungKook. "I'm so sorry."

JungKook dragged himself out of their dorm and started towards his own. The blood from his shin was no longer painful compared to what happe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter