FORTYNINE- 7 DAYS PART 1

2NEXO THE JOURNEY

FORTYNINE- 7 DAYS PART 1

 

“Hyung are you sure you want to go on your own?” Kai asked looking at the tall guy with his armor, sword and shield at his back.

 

 

“Yup… I need to learn my weakness and strengths using my new found skill… you two take care of yourselves okay?” Chanyeol uttered as he waved a goodbye and took the left side of the forked road.

 

“See you when we see you!” Baekhyun shouted as they saw Chanyeol’s silhouette disappear.

 

“So boss… where are we going now?” Baekhyun asked

 

“We are going to the headquarters, I need to catch up with the guild… hehehehe, I bet they really missed me!” Kai smirked as they continued to walk in to the deepest part of the forest.

 

When they reached the heart of the forest, Kai instructed Baekhyun to situate himself in one of the trees to see what was coming.

 

“Boss… I can’t see anything!” Baekhyun said in a loud voice much to Kai’s annoyance

 

“Yah! The reason we are hiding is to conceal our presence… why must you shout it out loud when I am just behind you?! Aish!” Kai gritted his teeth

 

“Sorry boss…” Baekhyun scratched his head as he saw movement just right from where they were situated

 

“Boss… 3 o’clock!”

 

“Stay here…  back me up if something comes up, arasso?” Kai stated as he disappeared not waiting for Baekhyun’s reply

 

“What will happen that needs backing up?” Baekhyun wondered as he tried to follow Kai’s movements which was hard to do since Kai was stealthy and was fast for his eyes.

 

Kai was scanning the nearby grounds to check if there are any underlying traps around the perimeter when he heard a creak and Baekhyun’s scream.

 

 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

 

When Kai looked back, he saw Baekhyun hanging upside down with one of his foot tied in a rope hanging in one of the branches.

 

Kai rolled his eyes as he tried to help Baekhyun down.

 

“I’m sorry boss, I was just following you to ask you what you needed the back up for.” Baekhyun uttered with his face turning red from being hung upside down.

 

Behind Kai, he felt a sharp object slowly ed on his back…

 

“Don’t even move a muscle!” a hooded person with a dagger uttered

 

“What are you doing here in our territory?” another hooded person appeared at the back of Baekhyun.

 

“We mean you no harm…” Kai raised his hands up showing them he was not going to fight.

 

“Boss, is this the time to back you up?” Baekhyun whispered in Kai’s ear

 

“Move away from each other!”

 

FOOL’S CROWD

 

A huge number of Baekhyun’s surrounded the two hooded people catching the two off guard.

 

 

 

“Soohyun? Chanhyuk?” Kai said out of surprise.

 

“Oppa?” “Hyung?”

 

“Since when was this included in our territory?” Kai wondered, because before he took his leave they have the territory of a certain part of the forest and now that he was back he saw that the two have expanded their territory.

 

“Oppa… we raided and raided just as you ordered and we claimed almost half of the forest territory of this MAP… we literally own this forest now… only a part of it is left free!” Soohyun smiled as she happily informed their leader of their accomplishment.

 

“Whoa! You managed to do that in the small amount of time I was out?” Kai was amazed

 

“Hyung, we have a scheduled raid today… want to join us?” Chanhyuk invited while adjusting his glasses

 

“Join you? I might as well spend it making my guild big before we come back to our quest, what do you say Baekhyunnie?” Kai smiled looking over at Baekhyun

 

“Wherever you go I will go boss! To a raid we go!” Baekhyun stated raising his hands in merriment.

 

“We are going to raid a known merchant… his name is SE7EN… he usually takes this route, that is why we worked hard to acquire as much land as possible to control the land… and we have intel that he has paid the services of f(x) to protect his caravan.” Soohyun informed as Kai began to feel the excitement once more.

 

Kai then patted both the heads of Soohyun and Chanhyuk,

 

“Awwwww…my cutie brother-sister duo is growing up so fast!” Kai stated as the two tried to free themselves away from Kai’s hold.

 

“C’mon… let’s go plan our possible attack and their caravan route!”Chanhyuk exclaimed as they moved right away.

 

“Ahhhh, I have missed this feeling… this adrenalin rush before a raid!” Kai stated as he patted Baekhyun’s back as they moved to their designated location.

 

========o======

“Can someone remind me why I agreed to take this quest?” Luhan grunted as he made his to the entrance of a certain dungeon.

 

“Um… Lay-oppa said that this is where we can get ingredients he needed to enhance your weapon…” Minzy replied willingly as Sehun just rolled his eyes

 

“I hate doing this quest! I hate it!” Luhan grumbled as they made their way to the entrance of the cave

 

“IF you hate it then let us just get it for you then!” Sehun stated with his deadpan voice

 

“And risk you guys getting engulfed in here… I don’t want Lay scolding me about not taking care of you guys! C’mon… let’s get this over with so that we can finish faster!” Luhan stated as they made their way in the cave.

 

Sehun sensed a bit of trouble ahead, so he started on his DIVINE BLESSING as he then blessed Luhan and Minzy for added protection. Minzy on the other hand, looked up and around, estimating the perimeter and where she can plant her TORRES. Once she was finished, she then began to ran around the cave leaving in her path blinking lights as Luhan and Sehun just watched her have a go at the place.

 

“Aren’t you tired?” Sehun asked as he saw Minzy stop and stand beside him.

 

“You just blessed me with added stamina, what do you think?” Minzy smirked as her TORRE detected movement from underneath the ground, one by one they started to pop out of the box and plant themselves on the ground aiming and searching with lasers for the target.

 

Luhan was just standing still unfazed by everything that is happening.

 

“I think Minzy’s TORRE can take care of this… we don’t even need to lift a finger here… for now!” Luhan uttered as the monster appeared from the ground showing its towering glory…

 

The moment it appeared, the TORREs surrounding the perimeter aimed at the hydra and released a non stop attack. Missiles that can wipe out an entire nation was sent ablazing as Luhan, Sehun and Minzy stood at the back watching the TORRES do its wonders.

 

After a minute, the hydra monster was defeated.

 

“There… that wasn’t so hard was it? What is there to be so bothered about?” Minzy uttered as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

After a moment, they felt the ground shake and then came from the ground a bursting of water which filled the cave halfway, forcing the three to search for higher ground.

 

 

“That is what I was worried about!” Luhan pointed as the 8 headed hydra showed its monstrous glory to the three!

 

Sehun was already armed with his DIVINE SHIELD AND DIVINE GAUNTLETS, as Minzy was already suiting up her MARINE MECHANIZED ARMOR as Luhan on the other hand was summoning his WATER ELEMENTAL ready for an adventurer’s fight!

 

========o=======

BACK in the real world...

 

“You are coming with me!” Chen uttered as he grabbed Dara’s arms away from the desk as she was about to log in.

 

“No! I haven’t logged in to the game for how many days now… I need to repair my weapon and stock up for the journey… SUho is just giving us 7 days to prepare and deal with whatever needs to be dealt with!” Dara refused as she was successful in freeing her arm away from Chen

 

“You are already rich and a high level player in the game… c’mon!” Chen stated starting to grab Dara away from the computer

 

“MY dear Dara… Mr. Kim here is right… you need to get out and grab some fresh air… you have been couped up inside far too long… you need to unwind!” MRs. Park prodded as Dara looked at her mother as if she was betraying her.

 

“Mom! How could you agree to this monster?!” Dara blurted out pointing angrily at Chen who was standing stiffly beside a book case

 

“What?! PARK SANDARA… I did not raise you to call other people names!!! Oh you shush your mouth and just go with him!” Mrs. Park literally pulled Dara out of her chair and pushed her towards Chen who was amused at how the mother and daughter interact with each other.

 

“Don’t worry noona, I will take care of mom and Durami will visit with father later…” Cheondung smiled as he grabbed Dara’s coat and gave it to Chen and Durami opened the door as Chen held Dara’s arm and was literally dragging her out of the unit.

 

“We will be home by 5pm Mrs. Park!” Chen waved his hand in goodbye.

 

“You can come home later than that Mr. Kim!” Mrs. Park stated as she mouthed a thank you to Chen.

 

Since the Parks have been reunited, Mrs. Park has long forgiven the man responsible for her husband’s condition, Kim Jongdae, and now that she knows what the man responsible was doing and taking care of her family, after Kim Jongdae personally visited their house in the province and knelt in front of her and her children asked for forgiveness, she was more than grateful to see her eldest daughter finally getting a taste of what it feels like to act like her age.

 

“Chen! Where are you taking me!?” Dara struggled to free herself as they walked side by side towards a car waiting for them just outside the condo building.

 

“Oh… you are in for a treat!” Chen smiled as he ushered Dara inside the car.

 

“Just so we’re clear… you’re not kidnapping me, are you?” Dara asked as they comfortably sat at the back seat while the driver drove off.

 

“You are so funny contradicting to the personality of your character online! ” Chen stated side glancing at Dara.

 

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the awkwardness was emanating from Dara, they slowed down and Chen went out to open the door for Dara.

 

“Ms. Park…we are here already!” Chen flashed her his signature upturned to the ends smile

 

“Where is here exactly?” Dara asked with a brow arched as she stepped out of the car.

 

“Oh… you’ll love it! C’mon! ” Chen stated as he began to drag Dara once again towards what seem to be the entrance of a building.

 

“Just don’t let me bumped into something okay?” Dara stated in a shaky voice as they walked in the dark.

 

“Arasso… arasso… we are almost there… just a few more steps!” Chen stated with a hint of childishness.

 

They stopped walking as Dara slowly saw a faint light… blue, then green then purple and then yellow neon lights… and then when she finally gained back her full sight from looking in the dark… what she saw before her marveled her and left her in awe.

 

O.O

 

“Omo!” that was all Dara could utter as her hands covered her wide opened mouth.

 

 

“Welcome to the UNDERGROUND AQUARIUM!” Chen stated with his arms spread wide open to the vastness of the place.

 

=========o=======

“Where is she? Where is she? It is already 10:01 am and she is still not here!” Top uttered impatiently walking to and fro at some entrance of a building.

 

At the corner, he could see a girl hurrying up and waving her hands at him.

 

“Top-ssi! Top-ssi!!!” the girl shouted aloud.

 

Top straightened and smiled and waved at the incoming girl.

 

The girl stopped and tried to catch her breath before speaking…

 

“I’m… sorry… I didn’t… catch the 9am bus… am…I late?” the girl huffed and puffed with her arms on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

 

“No… it’s okay… Bom-ssi!”

 

“Hyung! Hyung! You are early!” Seungri appeared out of nowhere

 

“You usually arrive the latest among the 5 of us!” Daesung stated with his eyebrow arched as if interrogating a suspect

 

“5 of us? What do you mean 5? You are all here?” Top shouted ready to pounce on two of his friends.

 

“She invited us to come along!” Taeyang pointed towards Bom’s direction

 

“Who are we to refuse, right?” GD appeared behind Taeyang

 

“The more the merrier!” Bom smiled as she started walking towards the entrance

 

“Hyung… you’ll treat us right?” Daesung stated clinging at Top’s side

 

“Cause she said you were going to treat her!” Seungri wiggled his brows

 

“Shut up! Why not just go home already!” Top uttered under his breath

 

“Bom-ssi… um… it seems like we are disturbing your date…” Taeyang stated cunningly as Top looked at him ready to eat him alive

 

“No… no… this is not a date… right Top-ssi?” Bom asked innocently

 

“Uh… yeah… yeah… this is not a date…come with us… my…tr-treat, ehehehehe” Top let out a forced smile and laugh as he gave dagger looks towards his friends.

 

The 6 of them made their way to the entrance of the UNDERGROUND AQUARIUM

 

======o======

“Yah! If I am easily defeated in the Dragon quest because I was not strong enough… I will put all the blame on you! We are here meeting each other once again instead of levelling up! Aish!” CL grunted with her arms crossed

 

“You are equally responsible because you agreed to meet me in the first place!” Xiumin smiled cheekily.

 

“I hate you!” CL rolled her eyes upward as they made their way to the food hall of the place where they agreed to meet.

 

"Man... I never thought walking around watching fishes swim in dizzying huge glass aquariums will make one hungry... I am starving. What do you want to eat? My treat!” Xiumin asked excitedly as he looked at CL who was looking for a place to sit.

 

“I want ramen!” CL demanded in a clipped tone as she sat while pouting her lips.

 

“Be right with you Ms. Jugernaut!” Xiumin stated as he walked towards the noodle bar.

 

=========o========

Suho asked Lay if he could use his space to concoct some potions, since he used half of his stock during the fight against GD to which Lay agreed as he started working on piercing Luhan’s staff to ready the weapon for its enhancement and repair.

 

“You awfully spend a lot of money and time just for this DRAGON QUEST… what changed?” Lay asked as he was taking a rest.

 

“Hmmmmm… well… you know me… I love a rare find!” Suho uttered not lifting his head as he was concentrating on pouring one liquid into another bottle.

 

“C’mon spill it… there is more to it than the DRAGON’S QUEST right? Why is it that you are also stalling… with your potions… you could have easily just went straight to the dragon’s lair and kill it… so… what’s the real deal here?” Lay tried to squeeze out information from Suho.

 

“Well… that dragon is no ordinary dragon… it’s a glitch!” Suho answered without hesitation.

 

“So… it is true that the dragon is a glitch then? How do you plan to defeat it when it is a glitch… isn’t it hard to kill?” Lay wondered

 

“WE will know when we get there…” Suho smiled as Lay just shook his head at his friends recklessness.

 

“You are one reckless player… you have guts… and you put too much faith in your members!” Lay added as he walked out of the room to continue smithing for Xiumin’s blades.

“Yeah… well you guys are worth all the faith I have!” Suho smirked as he continue to search his pack for his missing recipes.

========o======

 

Meanwhile back in the real world, a gigantic man was losing his temper and cool since he couldn’t break away from the computer.

 

Why?

 

Because he was using a virtual reality control, a first of its kind… he was testing a new invention of his friend which connects any online game with the gadget, you just need to wear it on your head like a huge pair of eyeglasses and voila… instant VIRTUAL REALITY CONTROL.

 

But since he wore the new gear, he experienced something different with the game he was playing… BLACK EXOTIC… he found out that he was stuck in the game, his character the one only character he played and loved since he started playing was stuck in a certain part of the game and he couldn’t let it go, since he has already invested a lot in the game, using real money to buy in-game items and expensive weapons and armors.

 

Everyday he logs in the game to try his luck and hopefully find a way to get his character out of that certain map.

 

“Aish! I hate this! That friend of mine will have lots to pay for getting me stuck here… if this wasn’t a fun game then I would have just left it behind… but I am already close to my goal… the DRAGON… I need to find a way to get out of this cave!”

 

“Master Wu… your lunch is here sir, where do you want it placed?” a certain attendant uttered as she arranged the side table waiting for her master to remove the gear form his head.

 

“Just place it over by the side table Lee… thanks.”

 

 

Wu Yi Fan, known in the online gaming community as Kris… he is known as a SPENDER, because he spends a lot of real money in-game to become strong. He has his own clothing line business and online gaming is his stress reliever, but lately it has been the cause of his stress because of his current dilemma.

 

“Now… how do I get out of this ISLA MISTERIOSA?” Kris uttered as he maneuvered inside the game and tried once again to break free from the said island.

========o=======

DO and Tao were making their to the DESERT MAP where they were sent by Lay to gather some CACTUS SPIKES needed for the upgrading of their weapons.

 

“You sure are quiet!” Tao uttered as he kicked the dirt off of his boot.

 

“Can’t you just let go of the MONKEY KING STAFF anyways Lay hyung is going to make a new one for you? Having to see red all around me is making my eyes hurt…it’s like I am wearing red shades!” DO blurted out as he looked back at Tao whose hands were bounded by the SHACKLES.

 

“Well… it has sentimental value to me… this was the first rare item I ever got and it is a might strong staff… heck, it’s the LEGENDARY MONKEY KING STAFF!” Tao proudly stated as he stopped in his tracks

 

“You noticed huh?” DO stated stopping in his tracks as well

 

“They have been tailing us since we left the FOREST MAP… do you know who they are?” Tao wondered as they continued walking as if nothing was happening

 

When all of a sudden two shadows appeared in front of them which created a bit of a sand storm…

- BOA

  - HYORI

 

“So you noticed us already… heh!” a woman’s voice was to be heard as DO noticed a trademark on her ear… a rare earring he helped acquire

 

“Noo-“ DO was about to speak when he was interrupted by another woman

 

“You are an odd couple… one tall and one short… hmmm…” the other woman uttered who had voluptuous curves on her.

“Hyori unnie, the short guy over there resembles someone we know… do you think…” the woman was cut off by the older one

 

“IT is impossible for squishy to let a PK survive… he hates them… PKs are the reason he became one of us… so my dear Boa… that little one over there is not uri squishy… because the tall one beside him is A HIGH RISK PK!”

 

“Let me handle this…” DO uttered under his breath

 

“You know them?” Tao asked in confusion as he readied himself for a confrontation.

========o======

Meanwhile, Chanyeol travelled the deep forest to hone his skills and abilities, only hunting for boss monsters to try out his skill.

 

He made himself be killed to activate his BORROWED TIME skill and use all the skills that comes along with it.

 

Every dungeon available in the FOREST MAP, he tried to enter, all by himself to conquer and train his skills. It was a good thing he asked Suho for some PROTECTION SCROLLS to prevent him from losing experience when he dies during his training.

 

After 7 days, CHanyeol emerged from the DARK FOREST.

 

 

 

 

=======END OF CHAPTER FORTYNINE======