NINE- SPECIALIST

2NEXO THE JOURNEY

-NINE-

 

Minzy was travelling the desert when the BOSS HUNT EVENT was announced.

 

A BOSS HUNT EVENT usually comprises of a WORLD BOSS to which any player can help and slay and normally there are certain requirements and conditions per event, it varies.

 

The countdown timer appeared on each player’s screen, 5 minutes, till the start of the event.

 

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

 

BOSS HUNT EVENT: DEFEAT TICK TOCK at SAND DUNES

-Create a party

-The party with the most damage dealt will get the rarest item drop

-Must defeat boss within 30 minutes.

 

 

TICK TOCK suddenly appeared in front of Minzy, as she looked at it with awe in all its towering glory, she was the first player on site.

 

Minzy looked at it with wide open filled with amusement and excitement. She was salivating while looking at it as if a hungry wolf circling its prey. Players started arriving around the boss.

 

 

Suho’s caravan was one of the last groups to arrive and was also shocked at how massive TICK TOCK was.

 

“Wow! A lot of people have gathered! What’s happening?” Sehun uttered with wide eyes as he looked at the crowd around the sleeping TICK TOCK.

 

Suho looked back at the announcement and told the rest that it was a BOSS HUNT EVENT, since they were immediately warped at the location the group didn’t know what was happening, it was only now that they learned of the event.

 

“Don’t we have any time to rest?” Chanyeol sat on the ground whining like a child.

 

Xiumin on the other hand caught sight of a petite girl beside the caravan who was staring at the massive monster in front of them.

 

“Hey little girl… noob players are not allowed here!” Xiumin uttered in a degrading tone looking at a petite player beside the caravan, who was looking up at TICK TOCK.

 

CL was just standing with her arms crossed on her chest as she stared down at the little girl beside them.

 

Minzy wiped off the drool from , side glanced at Xiumin and smirked at him, as the time started to countdown, Minzy started running around TICK TOCK, as if measuring the perimeter around the boss, and tossing small blinking boxes along the way.

 

“Look at the little thing running around like a puppy!” Xiumin jested pointing towards Minzy as CL just scoffed at what the SPECIALIST was doing.

 

“I want her in our party!” Suho uttered as his eyes followed Minzy’s every movement.

 

“Whaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt~~~?!?!?!” Xiumin uttered in disbelief.

 

 

“I said… I want HER in our party!” Suho repeated himself once again.

 

“Look Suho… I can fill in her spot… I can make up for whatever that little girl can do!” Xiumin stated looking at Minzy who seemed to be just running around in circles tossing some trash along the way.

 

 

When Minzy finished creating a perimeter, she slid on the ground creating a cloud of dust in front of Suho’s caravan.

 

Dara and Sehun just used their cloaks to protect them from the dust, while Suho and Bom squinted their eyes to avoid dirt getting into their eyes, as Xiumin, CL and Chanyeol received a shower of dirt and dust.

 

“Yah! You little noob! Watch where you’re going!” Xiumin shouted dusting himself off.

 

“SPECIALIST! Come and join our party!” Suho called out as he went down his caravan to talk.

 

Minzy just smirked as she stared at Suho who was walking towards her.

 

“No thanks… I can do this all by myself!” Minzy uttered in a low tone

 

“The conditions of the event is you need to be in the party… I know you want something from that boss… when you join our party… I will give you whatever it is that you want from it.” Suho flashed his white smile while in the back of his head, he was already beginning to calculate the loot and rare items he can get from the event with Minzy in their party.

 

“ME? Join your party? Heh! Are you making me laugh? It seems like my damage is far more greater than the damage of all your party members combined!” Minzy exclaimed full of confidence.

 

“But still you need to be in a party to be able to get what you want!” Suho tried to convince Minzy.

 

“Your group is not much of a party… how many attackers do you have in your group? Only three? A Knight, a Jugernaut, a Berserker… and you have what, 2 support? A Warlock and a Bishop… how much damage can they make? And you two are only free loaders… a TRADER and an ANGEL… tsk!” Minzy stated crossing her arms in front of her.

 

“Why you?!” Xiumin uttered as he released his INVINCIBLE AND INVISIBLE emitting out his red aura

 

“What did you say?!” CL raised a brow piquing her anger, she hates it when others belittle her… she stabbed her axe on the ground creating a tremor around them as her eyes emitted an aura of fire.

 

Chanyeol didn’t say much but he felt belittled as he let out his newly acquired IMMATERIAL SHIELD and the LEGENDARY EXCALIBUR.

 

“I don’t support!” Dara was known to be calm and soft spoken and just not giving a care about anything… but she hated it when she hears that Warlocks are just support for other job classes, it angers her.

 

Sehun on the other hand was just calm, staying beside the caravan with Bom shaking his head laughing at how ridiculous every looked, allowing such a little girl to taunt them.

 

Minzy upon seeing how the party members reacted was surprised… first that caught her attention was the BERKSERKER… Xiumin has a RED AURA around him, to which she immediately stepped back summoning out her MECHANICAL WALL.

 

A Berserker has four levels of aura… first is white, then blue, then red and the highest and deadliest of them all is BLACK… since Xiumin exudes the Red Aura, it means he is much faster and can deal much greater damage.

 

Then after that she saw the JUGERNAUT with her flaming eyes, to which signalled the casting of BLINK ATTACK- an attack that requires speed and strength, swift movements that deals 30 slashes on the enemy in different angles and direction;

 

Minzy immediately threw a CONTROLLED GRENADE which will explode upon signal/trigger.

 

She then switched her attention towards the KNIGHT and her eyes widened at the Shield and Sword he was using, seeing that made her grab her dual pistol locked and loaded ready to fire at will.

 

“Tsk! I don’t know about that hooded one… but I am sensing he is also up to no good… better be safe than sorry!” Minzy uttered under her breath as she changed her DUAL PISTOLS into a ROCKET LAUNCHER pertaining to Dara who was seen standing still but exuding an ominous aura around her.

 

The players surrounding them looked in awe at how magnificent and how high level they all are… they were at awe with both the skills and weapons they possess.

 

“Guys… we do not fight each other… we are all after what that Boss can offer!” Suho said before any fight erupts between them, he raised his arms as if calming both parties down.

 

He then signalled to his party to remain calm slowly patting his hand down as he also looked back at Minzy who was still hiding behind her wall.

 

“So… have you thought about it?” Suho asked as he saw Minzy slowly retracting her wall and walking towards him.

 

“Yes… I will join you… but a deal’s a deal… you give me what I want, I will join your party!” Minzy stated reaching her right hand out for a shake.

 

“Invited and done!” Suho shook hands with her as the countdown nears its end.

 

Still Xiumin was not convinced that they needed Minzy in their party to gain the privilege of the rare drop item.

 

“Suho… do we really need that little girl?” Xiumin whispered towards Suho who was climbing back up the caravan.

 

“Watch her carefully… you’ll see.” Suho smiled nodding towards Minzy who was seen back once again standing in front of TICK TOCK with mouth wide open drool slowly flowing from the side of .

 

 

5

 

 

4

 

 

3

 

 

2

 

 

1

 

 

BOSS HUNT EVENT HAS STARTED!

 

The moment the event started TICK TOCK awoke from his sleep as his HP and SHIELD gauge was being filled up.

 

The moment TICK TOCK was awaken, the little blinking boxes that Minzy threw randomly, awakened and slowly transformed into mechanized towers known as TORRE (tower).

 

It was now Xiumin’s turn to gape at Minzy’s TORRE as she smirked at him seeing his mouth opened out of amazement.

 

The number of players present in the said event was around 300 in total. All from different job classes showcasing their personal skills and spells.

 

Meanwhile, Suho’s party was enclosed and protected by Chanyeol’s SHIELD BARRIER as Sehun began to cast his DIVINE BLESSING on everyone.

 

Xiumin was itching to go and charge forward seeing everyone around them attacking TICK TOCK, but no can do… because they were still being blessed by Sehun.

 

Dara was also very eager to test her Death Prophet and was very excited to harvest another Boss’ soul.

 

CL on the other hand had her axe in front of her with her hands resting on its end with her eyes closed waiting for Sehun to finish.

 

The other players attacked head on dealing it some damage, while other players inflicted some spells of binding and dealt some damage as well. But the most crucial part was when TICK TOCK turns his body around creating an AOE attack rendering everyone around it KNOCKED DOWN feeling a bit stunned and dizzy.

 

And another thing that makes it hard for the players to do was to break through its SHIELD which was self regenerating, you can only render some damage when the Shield is weakened.

 

By the time the players have weakened the shield the players have already exhausted all their MP and HP giving TICK TOCK the chance to regenerate its Shield once again.

 

TICK TOCK then used its finishing move of REVOLVING CLOCKWORK leaving the number of players by half… they started with 300 players… now they were down to about 150 players, including Suho’s party which was not yet engaging in any fight since Sehun’s Blessing was taking a long time to cast among the members.

 

I CALL FORTH THE DIVINE LIGHT TO GUIDE AND BLESS EVERYONE WITH IMMENSE STRENGTH AND STAMINA… UNSURPASSABLE AMOUNT OF INTELIGENCE AND WISDOM…

 

BY THE RULE OF LUMENS… DIVINE EMPOWERMENT

 

5 minutes have passed and the other players managed to decrease its HP by 10%

 

“Argh! This is hard! I didn’t imagine it would be this hard to do a BOSS HUNT EVENT!” one player uttered as he knelt on the ground gasping for air.

 

Another player was seen lying on the ground beside him was his sword and shield as if stating that he has already surrendered.

 

“C’mon let’s warp out while there is still time!” a Knight uttered to his party members as they were running out of the radius of TICK TOCK, they saw a huge shield enveloping SUho’s party.

 

“What are they doing?” one players asked

 

“Probably they are retreating as well!” another replied

 

“But they haven’t even begun fighting yet!” one player noticed, after his statement they see the shield being withdrawn by the Knight-Chanyeol… they heard CHanyeol shout

 

“AHA!” Chanyeol stated with a smile in his face stretching his neck from side to side readying his shield and Excalibur

 

“Eat my dust!” Xiumin, the Berserker was seen charging towards the boss with his red aura and his ultimate weapon of INVINCIBLE AND INVISIBLE.

 

Not far from him was CL who was swinging her axe up in the air while running following Xiumin’s footsteps.

 

Xiumin and CL were attacking the boss and immediately the players can see the damage dealt by just the 2 players was the same damage dealt by 300 players fighting for 5 minutes already!

 

 

And then they heard MInzy, the Specialist say

 

“Loading…” they saw Minzy staring at the TORRE as if waiting for something

 

And then they saw Chanyeol charging head on while TICK TOCK was using its REVOLVING CLOCKWORK, they saw him use his shield to block off the attack, he was pushed back a little but he regained his stance, resisting stunned and dizzy state as he swung his EXCALIBUR and attack the boss.

 

Following behind them, it was their first time seeing a Battle-type Bishop… with his DIVINE SHIELD AND FIERY GAUNTLETS. Sehun was walking casually towards one of TICK TOCK’s legs and with one single blow to the ground a HOLY LIGHT appeared surrounding the ground where the monsters was standing on shaking it in the process leaving TICK TOCK stunned for a moment as he switched his weapon into a Baccolo, and used DIVINE HEALING to heal his party members, especially Xiumin and CL who were fighting in the front lines.

 

And then they turned to look at Dara, the Warlock who was kneeling on the ground with hands placed forcefully on the ground chanting…

 

NASA KADILIMAN ANG AKING KALAKASAN… IKAW ANG AKING SANGGALANG… TINATAWAG KO ANG AKING HIRANG…

 

(My power is in the darkness, you are my ward, I call forth…)

 

 

DEATH PROPHET!

 

 

The ground surrounding Dara emitted a certain pattern of an occult star and light shun from the ground.

 

At those words the players saw the infamous DUNGEON BOSS materializing behind Dara, they were scared and uttered,

 

“Oh no… we have to deal with 2 bosses? What kind of madness is this!?” one player shouted and then they heard Death Prophet speak.

 

“I AM DEATH PROPHET… at your command, my master…”

 

With its raspy and echoing eerie voice being heard by the players around, all eyes were on Dara who was called by the Death Prophet as its MASTER.

 

SUGOD!!!

 

(sugod- trans. Attack)

 

Dara casted the attacking skill of its captured soul as Death Prophet uttered.

 

I CALL FORTH ALL YOU FALLEN WARRIORS, ARISE FROM THE DARKNESS…

 

Upon saying these words, all the players that have died while battling TICK TOCK appeared, like mirror images of the original players with 50% of the player’s skill and ability.

 

Minzy then was finally seen getting excited as all her TORRE were now loaded and ready for battle.

 

“TARGET LOCKED...” at those words, all the laser pointers of her TORRE were now on TICK TOCK.

 

“FIRE AT WILL” with the final command Minzy’s TORRE continuously released its missiles and rocket launchers and laser fire dealing TICK TOCK nonstop attack and damage, breaking its SHIELD in the process, making it vulnerable to attacks.

 

With them fighting for just a mere 5 minutes they have reduced 50% of TICK TOCK’s hp gauge… compared to the 300 players attacking all at the same time.

 

“TICK TOCK… YOU WILL BE MINE!” Minzy shouted out loud.

 

Meanwhile, Suho and Bom were inside the caravan...

 

"Take note of this map and save it in your database." Suho stated as he looked at the map laid out by Bom.

 

"What do we do next?" Bom asked after taking the data and saving it in her inventory.

 

"Map out new coordinates... we have been out of course because of this BOSS HUNT EVENT... find another way to ISLA MISTERIOSA." Suho stated plainly

 

"Aigoo... what a troublesome chore... if it weren't for this event we would have been in ISLA MISTERIOSA by now!" Bom scratched her head in annoyance.

 

===========end of CHAPTER NINE==========

 

Minzy's character is loosely based on RF ONLINE'S BELLATO... so there will be similarities ^^

 

 

 

 

 

hohohohohohoho it's a bit hard to highlight each player's power... but i can't believe i managed to do it kyaaaaaaa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

show some love...

 

 

 

tell me what you thought of it.

 

 

comment down below

 

 

~lostschoolboy~