FOUR- BERSERKER

2NEXO THE JOURNEY

 

-FOUR-

 

“Espi… you’re a girl?!” Chanyeol uttered with wide eyes and amazement.

 

Espi’s eyes widened in fear as her blonde hair flowed down covering her chest as she stared back at Chanyeol.

 

“Omo! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” Espi screamed at the top of her lungs while covering what else needed to be covered.

 

Chanyeol was stunned and shocked at the sight before him, he didn’t dare move an inch for fear that he was just dreaming and he just kept on staring with his mouth half opened.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?! Turn around!” Espi shouted as she submerged her whole body in the water and made her way towards her clothes which was by the shore at the foot of Chanyeol.

 

“Honest! I didn’t see anything! Promise!” Chanyeol raised both his hands trying to side glance when he felt a hand turn his head back once again.

 

“Face forward giant!” Espi uttered as she rummaged through her clothes and tried to make her way into it as fast as she can.

 

The rest of the group heard the scream and scurried their way to the direction of the scream. When they reached the spring, Chanyeol immediately covered Suho’s eyes and held him beside him both of them facing the other way while Bom and CL just stood there gawking at Espi who was already wearing her armor, struggling to put on her cloak.

 

“What’s going on?!” Suho uttered as Chanyeol was still holding onto him preventing him to turn around.

 

“Espi is a girl!” Chanyeol whispered

 

“And?!” Suho asked

 

“You knew?” Chanyeol asked looking at Suho’s direction.

 

“Uh-huh!” Suho nodded and so did CL.

 

“Yah! You Warlock! Why do you have the GOLDEN ARMOR?!” Bom pointed out, at those words CHanyeol and Suho turned around at the same time to look at Espi’s armor.

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Suho’s eyes and mouth were opened at how bright and beautiful and shining Espi was with the rays of the rising sun, far from the job class she has chosen.

 

“I know of a few players that have successfully finished the REBORN quest… and the only WARLOCK I saw on the list was a player named…” Bom uttered with a finger on her chin, remembering the name of the player.

 

Then after a moment it was like a bulb was switched on Bom’s head,

 

“Dara!” Bom uttered in excitement.

 

Dara bowed her head and then nodded slowly.

 

“Ah… n-neh.” Dara stuttered as she struggled to tie her cloak as CL stepped forward and helped her tie the cloak from behind.

 

 

“Whoa!” Chanyeol uttered

 

OoO

 

“Really?!” Suho exclaimed

 

“You’re so bright despite your dark job class!” CL uttered as she walked back to where the others were to get a whole look at the REBORN player.

 

After Dara was satisfied with how her cloak was draped on her she stood in front of the group who were still gaping at her.

 

“So…let’s go?!” Dara shrugged her shoulders as she started walking.

 

“Now hold on for a minute! Don’t think that we’d let you off the hook easily… not right after knowing you are a REBORN player already!” Suho uttered sternly as he grab a hold of Dara’s arm.

 

Dara flinched at the contact and shrugged Suho’s handoff of her arm.

 

“Fine! What do you want to know?!” Dara released a defeated sigh.

 

“EVERYTHING!!!” Bom’s voice was the loudest since she is undergoing the REBORN quest.

 

The group then headed back to their camp site and continue their conversation there. After everyone was settled down. Chanyeol spoke.

 

“Isn’t the Warlock Job Class for male only? Hence the name WARLOCK?”

 

Dara remained silent for a while before answering. She cleared and began.

 

“I was one of the Beta players and the Beta version of the game didn’t have any gender restriction for any Job Class… and I chose the WARLOCK job class since no girl picked it and I found it cool to order the undead so I took it! And then when the game was released all Beta players get to keep their character and all the rare items we have gained from the beta test” Dara explained.

 

“I also took the REBORN quest and my quest was to slay a certain monster in a dungeon and after that I started from level 1 again until I reach level 99… to which I gain the GOLDEN ARMOR and some perks.” Dara continued.

 

“What perks?” Chanyeol asked curiously

 

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out… and I wish I won’t ever need to use it. A final skill will be granted to REBORN players… and if Bom here finishes her quest she will also gain a FINAL REBORN SKILL.” Dara added.

 

After everything was cleared out… the group helped Bom reach her level 12 in order to use the map and the keys to the dungeon which was a short cut to the path to the Dragon.

 

 

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE LEVELED UP!!!

 

 

“Yay! I am level 12 already… time to open up my secondary inventory then!” Bom uttered as she swiped her way to her secondary inventory.

 

Once she opened her inventory, she immediately grabbed a black key that was as big as her hand, everyone was awed at how huge the key was.

 

“So where is the door for that key?” CL asked looking over Bom’s shoulder.

 

“I am the door to the dungeon and all you need is the key… I can summon up the door that this key opens… in one snap!” Bom stated as she laid her hand on the ground and closed her eyes and then the ground lit up and out came a door.

 

“Whoa! Can the caravan fit in that door?” Chanyeol exclaimed as the door elevated from the ground.

 

“Of course… once I unlock the door the ground will swallow us up and teleport us to the dungeons.” Bom explained as the ground slowly lit up and together with the huge caravan was teleported to the entrance of the DUNGEON.

 

Once inside, they began to trudge the maze-like dungeon… and they navigated through the maze with ease, thanks to their ANGEL, Bom… since it is her job and skill to know all about the maps… she has already mastered all the maps of the game and knows how to traverse the DUNGEON.

 

When they took a turn they were welcomed by someone who was… to simply put it… going crazy.

 

There was one player who was slaying the mob of monsters and it seems like he was having a field day all to himself.

 

“Should we help him?” CL uttered as she readied her axe, but before she could step in and lend a hand they saw that the player got slashed on the arm by one of the monsters.

 

 

“Argh! You cut me!” the dual wielder said as she grabbed the two daggers from his sides and began to slash the mob of monsters left and right.

 

After finishing off one monster, he grabbed the sword used by the monster and then jumped to the next and kicked it in mid air and grabbed its shield… he then lunged the sword through another monster and ed the shield on the neck of another monster.

 

And then another monster took a hit as the player got slashed once again on his arm which made him go crazy once again. He grabbed the mace of the monster he recently slayed and then grabbed the dagger on his other hand and began to swing and slash the monster on his front and then turned back and stabbed the monster who was charging towards him.

 

The player slayed every last bit of mob surrounding him…

 

“There is nothing left to help with!” Chanyeol exclaimed shocked at how the player slayed all the mobs in no time.

 

The group saw the player take a knee and saw him catching his breath.

 

Suho decided to approach the player, he carefully stepped forward gauging if the player was friendly or aggressive.

 

“A-are you alright?” Suho managed to ask.

 

“Does it look like I am alright?” the player answered in his deep voice with his head bowed down still trying to catch his breath as he stared down at his injuries.

 

“You’re bleeding… we need to close that wound before it gets worse!” Suho offered.

 

“Aish! This is not my lucky day!” the player sighed as he stood up to face the person who was talking to him, when he raised his head, he saw a huge mammoth a giant Knight… a person in a cloak, a girl with an axe as tall as her and another girl who was dressed as a newbie, which brought confusion to him.

 

“How did you end up in here?” Suho asked

 

The player shook his head to clear his mind and then answered,

 

“I was in a party with an ANGEL… until we were suddenly mobbed by the monsters… how was I to know that, that dumb ANGEL didn’t put any stamina in his statistics… I have been trapped in this dungeon for 3 days already! Aish! And that sorry excuse of a partner died the minute we set foot on this dungeon!” the player answered.

 

*When a player dies in the game, as a penalty he/she couldn’t log in his/her account for 24 hours… and once you die you get transported back to town.

 

“We have an angel in our group… would you like to travel with us?” Suho offered, much to the delight of the player.

 

Relief was seen in the eyes of the player.

 

“Oh definitely… I am mighty low in potions for my life and I need to restock… I think you are heaven sent!” the player answered happily wiping off the blood from his mouth and arm.

 

“Guys… c’mon… I’ll introduce you to our newest member!” Suho called out to the group.

 

“He seem to adopt lost ones along the way, doesn’t he?” Dara uttered in a low voice.

 

“Yah! Are you pertaining to me!?” Bom stated sending dagger stares at Dara’s direction.

 

“You assumed it, not me!” Dara stated as she walked towards Suho and the rest followed suit.

 

“I am Suho… a trader…”

 

“CL… juggernaut!”

 

“Chanyeol… knight!”

 

“Bom… angel.”

 

 

“Dara… warlock.”

 

 

 

 

“I am a BERSERKER… my name is XIUMIN.”

 

 

==========END OF CHAPTER FOUR==========

 

 

how are you finding the story so far?

 

 

 

show some love... comment down below