What The Heck Happened to Kim Nana?

To Steal His Heart

I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit boring. Personally, it wasn't my favorite, except for the end. Hehehe. I love the ending >.< Anyway, enjoy!~


"I am not wearing that!" Nana protested, crossing her arms across her chest and stamping her foot into the ground. She pouted, narrowing her eyes at her scheming best friend. MiSun sighed, and threw the black short skirt aside. "I refuse to ever wear something like that!" 
 
"Yah! You're rejecting everything I suggest! Do you want to keep living your life wearing Hello Kitty t-shirts?" The girl demanded, pointing a threatening finger at Nana, although it was not intimidating at all. 
 
"Yes. Yes I do. If you're going to re-arrange my wardrobe, then I have a few conditions. I don't want to wear anything tight or provocative like that. It really doesn't suit me at all." 
 
"Actually, you're right. It really doesn't suit you. How about this?" MiSun held up a few dresses, and forced Nana back into the changing room. After a few minutes, she finally came back out, now dressed in a peach colored sundress. Her hands settled on her hips as she glowered down at MiSun who ignored her distaste. 
 
"It looks great!" MiSun squealed, grabbing a few more dresses, and bringing them up to the counter of the shop. "I'll take that dress that the girl over there is wearing, and these." She held out a credit card, and paid for the outfits. 
 
"Stop paying for all these things! First the contacts and then this?" Nana shouted across the shop, causing everyone to turn their heads in annoyance. She glanced around nervously before bowing in apology and turning back to MiSun, "Besides, it's not like I'm actually going to wear any of this." MiSun approached Nana, and rested her hands on her hips. 
 
"Oh, yes you are. I know you, Kim Nana. I'm paying for this, and you will wear it because you'll feel guilty." She smirked knowingly, and gave Nana a challenging look. 
 
"Well..." The girl pursed her lips in thought, "I swear I won't fall for that this time. I don't want to, so I'm not going to." MiSun's eyes narrowed at the challenge. She stepped towards Nana until she found herself only a foot away from the girl. 
 
"Kim Nana, Kyuhyun isn't the only one who has embarrassing childhood pictures of you. I've been your best friend for five years. I know all your secrets." Nana's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed. She shook nervously like a deer about to be run over by a car. "Wouldn't Choi Siwon like to know that you li-" Nana clasped her hand over the girl's mouth, muffling her to silence. 
 
"Okay. I'll wear the contacts and the clothes!" 
 
"And you'll let me go to your house every morning and help you with your make-up and hair?" MiSun questioned with a triumphant grin. She clicked her tongue at the sour expression that suddenly appeared on Nana's face. 
 
"Do I have to?" She whined. 
 
"Yes." The girl immediately shut at the threatening tone in her friend's voice and sighed. There was no helping it. MiSun won once again. She had no choice but to follow through with the plan, if she didn't want to face MiSun's wrath which would only come along with a nice addition of humiliation. She leaned her head against the wall, and sighed heavily. For some reason, she found herself feeling extremely tired all of a sudden. Only a few moments ago, had she promised herself that no matter what, she'd never give in to MiSun's crazy idea. Crazy enough, she had just given into it, and now she was mentally preparing herself for mounds of torture. 
 



Flashback 
 
"We're going to trick Kyuhyun with the one thing he'd never imagine that could happen." MiSun smiled, "Nana, you're going to steal his heart and break it into a thousand pieces. He won't ever think about teasing or bullying you ever again after your done with him." 
 
"What?" Nana gawked. Her cheeks reddened as she smiled nervously with a awkward giggle, "That wasn't a very funny joke, MiSun." 
 
"That's because it wasn't a joke." MiSun rolled her eyes and scoffed. She stepped away from the oblivious girl, and crossed her arms across her chest, "Think about it, Nana. What better way is there to get back at him? If you try to play a prank or something, it'll just backfire. You've already tried that before. But this...this is golden!" Nana's eyes shifted uncomfortably and she bit into her lip, eyes refusing to meet MiSun's because she knew the other girl was right. She'd had enough failed attempts to prove that. 
 
"Y-You're insane." She stammered, her voice trembling as she spoke. Her mind was reeling, and she started to fear for the other's sanity. How could anyone come to a conclusion like that. It was so crazy...so insane...so abnormal, that it might actually work, but she'd rather not think about it that way. "There's not way that this is going to work. Besides, why would Cho Kyuhyun ever like me. Even if I tried, I'd just end up failing." 
 
MiSun eyed the girl in a thinking position, and cringed. "You're right. Why would he like you? You never wear anything except sweats, you have really dorky glasses, and you put zero effort into the way you look. On top of that, you're kind of dumb, don't think before you act, and have the messiest bedroom I've ever seen in my entire lifetime. But..." She reached forward and slipped the thick rimmed glasses off the girl's face, "I think I can work with this. You have your good points too." 
 
"Are you supposed to be complimenting me or insulting me?" Nana murmured under her breath, looking away. "Yah! Give me my glasses back! I can't see! I'm blind!" She waved her eyes wildly until the glasses were handed back to her, and she put them back on. 
 
"Both." MiSun replied with a smile, "When I'm done with you, you won't need to second guess about how this will all work out." A mischievous grin broke out across the girl's face. A smile that made Nana feel uneasy and off the edge. MiSun had a plan and she knew it; a plan that she knew she wouldn't like. 
 
Before she knew it, Nana was being dragged along to who-knows-where by a scheming MiSun. 

 



A smile broke out across Cho Kyuhyun's face as he imagined the expression Nana would wear at his prank of the day. He found going to school each and every day to be the most boring thing in the world. What was the point? As long as you knew the criteria, what was the point of sitting in a dull classroom, listening to a lecture by a stupid adult who hardly knew what they were talking about? It was stupid and it was a waste of time. There was so many better things that he could be doing. Like playing games or...teasing Nana. 
 
Playing around with Kim Nana had become the joy of his life. It was the highlight of his day. Ever since he was five years old, his umma introduced him to the joy of bothering Kim Nana. She was the most interesting girl he'd ever met. Her expressions and reactions were priceless. Each and every time she got extremely angry, and it always ended with her swearing she'd get back at him one day. The funny thing was, he'd always found a way to get around her harmless lame attempts at pranks, and she'd just get angrier each time.It was amusing watching her anger rise, yet she never cried.  
 
That was the first thing that attracted him to teasing her. It was like a challenge. Wasn't it strange that a five year old girl wouldn't cry, no matter how much abuse she'd received? She was definitely interesting. Making Nana cry, was like a challenge. The one challenge that he actually found difficult. 
 
He stood by the entrance of the school, waiting. Nana was never one to be early to school, so he often found himself waiting until the last few seconds before the bell rang, signaling the start of the school day. A frown fell upon his face, as he impatiently tapped his foot, searching for the familiar ponytail in the crowd of students. 
 
"Go!" A girl instructed from behind him. Seeing as the voice was a bit familiar, he ly to find Lee MiSun, Nana's best friend. She was followed by a cute short girl, with long wavy hair. He found himself staring for a few seconds too long at the girl who was struggling against MiSun's grasp. He blinked a few times snapping himself out of his thoughts, and broke his gaze. Instead, he concentrated on searching for Nana, but wasn't able to find her. 
 
He suddenly felt some weight being thrown upon him, and looked down only to find the cute girl who was arguing with Lee MiSun. Her eyes went wide as she stared up at him, and he found himself staring back. Fro some reason, he couldn't force himself to look away. Sure, she was pretty, but that wasn't it. There was something familiar about her, although he couldn't tell what it was. She turned away from him, and faced MiSun who winked. 
 
"MiSun!" She whined, "I said I didn't want to!" Suddenly it hit him. That voice was all too familiar. After all, he heard it every morning after his usual teasing. It was the voice of Kim Nana. He gawked at the small girl, who pulled away from him and pouted at MiSun. What the hell happened? How did she become like this? Was it the same person? Was he hallucinating? 
 
She stared back up at him and mumbled a quick apology. Her cheeks turned a slight pink as she spoke, obviously embarrassed by the whole situation. He opened his mouth to speak, but instead everything just came out as a mush of incomprehensible words. 
 
"Y-You...what...how...glasses?" She pouted as she reached and felt around her face. He wanted so badly to stop looking at her, but he just couldn't. He looked like an idiot, and he knew it. She wasn't having a good effect on him, and he didn't want her to make him look anymore stupid. 
 
"Oh yeah. MiSun made me get contacts. I miss my glasses." She pouted, "Well, I have to go now." She started to leave, but turned back towards him. 
 
"Hey! You didn't tease me today!" She pointed out. A huge grin spread out across her face at her realization, and she happily skipped away. Once she was out of sight, Kyuhyun brought a hand up to his face. It was warm. His cheeks were extremely warm. 
 
What the heck happened to Kim Nana?