Sleepover With Kyu

To Steal His Heart

Ah. I'm sorry for the late update. I swear, I meant to update on Saturday, but then my computer broke down, so I was using my IPod. The only problem is, I can't write well on my IPod, so I couldn't write at all. After my computer was fixed, I decided that I didn't like how I wrote the chapter, so I re-wrote it. I think I got a bit tired of all the angst between the characters. I wanted thinsg to get better instead.

Yeah, so...here's the chapter. I'm sorry for the late update. Enjoy! I'm going to be busy this week, so I'm not sure when my next update will be.


Nana pouted, and uncomfortably pulled her over-sized t-shirt, hoping that it would somehow extend passed her shorts and cascade down her legs. She hated feeling this self-conscious as she'd never felt this way before. She honestly didn't care how she looked before, but...maybe MiSun re-arranging her wardrobe never was a good idea. Now she didn't even have a good pair of sweatpants to wear, leaving her with sleep wear shorts, and an old oversized t-shirt. Well, it was better than nothing. 
 
She gazed at herself in the mirror, and blushed. With furrowed eyebrows, Nana attempted to pull her shorts down somewhat, pouting at the fact that they were that short. In fact, they weren't that short, but it was just her consciousness getting to her again. 
 
"Are you done yet?" She flinched as she heard the sudden voice, and crept to the door of the bathroom. She slowly peeked out, so that only her head reached outside the protection of the door, and cautiously looked around. She sighed in relief, and gently closed her eyes. She turned to head back into the bathroom, but jumped when she felt a tug on her wrist. She quickly opened her eyes to find a slightly irritated Kyuhyun. "What's taking so long? Just come out already?" 
 
She shook her head, trying to pull away from his grasp. 
 
"No! I don't want to!" She whined. He rolled his eyes, and harshly dragged her out of her safety spot, the bathroom. Kyuhyun stole a quick glance at her, his cheeks flushing and tinting a light pink. He quickly let go of her hand, and glanced down at the ground. 
 
"D-Don't you have any longer pants?" Nana's cheeks burned bright red at the question. She bit her lip, and looked away, obviously embarrassed. 
 
"N-No...it's not my fault! Blame MiSun! Darn you, MiSun! You even threw out my favorite Hello Kitty shirt!" Nana wailed, "I don't even want to be here! I mean...seriously..." Her loud complaints suddenly hushed to a bashful murmur, "You probably don't want me here either...it'd cause a misunderstanding with MiSun. Kyuhyun glanced up at her slightly upset expression. He opened his mouth to comfort her and tell her otherwise, but instead, the opposite came out. 
 
"Well, you'd rather be staying with Choi Siwon, wouldn't you? You're only here because your umma told you to." Nana glanced up at him with a glimpse of hurt in her eyes. She bit on her bottom lip, and looked away. She suddenly scurried away from him, and slumped onto the couch on the other side of the room, far away from him. 
 
He silently cursed himself for pulling another stupid move. What on earth made him say that? It was so stupid and inconsiderate. Not that it wasn't true because it probably was, but still...it wasn't helping him at all.  
 
They then proceeded to eat a silent dinner. It bothered him that she refused to say anything. He figured that she was hurt by his comment, although he wasn't sure why. It was much better than his original declaration of his so-called "hate" towards her. He felt a headache coming on as he knew that he'd need to fix that mess soon too. It was idiotic of him to start it in the first place. 
 
Kyuhyun was brought back to reality as he heard the small girl, who was comfortably sprawled out across the couch, yawn. He carefully made his way to her, and poked her side to get her attention. Her gaze shifted towards him, and she pouted. 
 
"If you're tired you can use my sister's room. She's not here either." He spoke softly. She nodded her head, and got up to follow him to the room. After directing her to the room, he went to his own, collapsing on his bed.  
 

So much happened today. Too much. He honestly didn't even want to think about it. 
 
It wasn't as if his feelings were confused anymore. No, that was the easy part because he could now proudly conclude that he was in love with Kim Nana, yet he stupidly kept saying hurtful things to hide his feelings because he didn't want to get hurt. So, he hurt her back instead to compensate for his own heartache. All he could feel now was regret, and that hurt him. If he could, he'd take back everything. He'd start at the beginning again, and tell Nana that he loves her. He'd never do anything to hurt her again...well, that was if he could start over again, but the chances seemed minimal. 
 
He sighed heavily, and ran a free hand through his messy hair in frustration. He wanted to scream. He didn't want to keep all his feelings cooped up inside him like this. He wanted to tell someone, but that wasn't the greatest idea with Nana only a few feet away from him. 
 
He blushed at the idea. Nana was in his house...they were all alone. Weren't they bound to get in trouble. Well, maybe if he wasn't "fake dating" MiSun, and she wasn't Siwon's girlfriend. Then maybe, just maybe, something would happen. 
 
Yeah...he could only wish something would happen...anything. Even if it was only the smallest thing. 
 
"Umm...Kyu?" He halfway jumped as he heard a knock at his door. His gaze trailed towards the door to his room where the found a nervous Nana's clutching a pillow to her face as though she were hiding behind it.  He motioned for her to sit next to him on the bed. Her cheeks turned bright pink, but she nodded, and made her way over. 
 
"What's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked, immediately cursing himself afterwards for sounding so blunt. She clutched the pillow closer to her chest, and buried her face into it. 
 
"I-I'm scared. I don't want to sleep alone." She murmured, her voice muffled by the pillow that her face was buried in. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, as he couldn't quite hear what she was saying. 
 
"What?" He questioned, leaning closer to hear. 
 
"Sleep with me!" She exclaimed suddenly. His eyes widened, and his cheeks flushed with color. He blinked in surprise, and his mouth dropped open. Nana briefly studied his reaction in confusion, before finally realizing why he reacted that way. Her cheeks deepened to a darker red. "Yah! T-That's not what I meant!" She yelled, hitting him with the pillow. He pushed the pillow away from his face, and nodded. 
 
"W-Well, I know that now...It's not like I actually thought you would...Whatever. I'm going to shut up now." He rambled. He looked away, his cheeks still flaming a bright red at the misunderstanding. 
 
"N-no. What I meant is that...well, I'm scared to sleep alone. I-It doesn't feel right knowing that umma is i-in the hospital, and I...I just feel all alone." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, although he did understand what she meant. He felt sorry for her, although he refused to show it. Nana was Siwon's girlfriend...he had to fight the urge to comfort her and hold her, and tell her that everything was going to be alright. It was the right thing to do, although he hated to do the right thing.  
 
Weren't rules meant to be broken? Well...maybe not ones that Nana would hate him for. 
 
"What are you, a kid?" Kyuhyun scoffed. She pouted, causing him to inwardly smile. He missed seeing her adorable little pouts. They made him want to kiss her. He quickly shook away his thoughts. "Fine. You can stay here for now." He got up to turn the lamp off, and made his way back to the bed, lying down. He patted the spot next to him. Even through the dark, he could see her rosy cheeks as she laid down next to him. 
 
For the next hour, they just laid there. He was too nervous to sleep. Just the thought of Nana being only a foot or two away from him made him feel nervous. He had to resist his sudden temptations and urges to be closer to her. It took him everything he had to stop himself from hugging her closer to him, which he knew she'd hate him for. He glanced over at her, thinking that she was asleep by now. Would it be so wrong just to hold her just this once? 
 
He his side to get a good glimpse of her face. 
 
"Kyu? You can't sleep either?" She suddenly whispered to her. He jumped back a bit in surprise. He hadn't expected her to be awake. 
 
"I-I'm fine. Why can't you sleep?" He questioned quietly in a whisper, although there was no one in the house to wake up if they talked any louder. She shrugged, and shivered against him. 
 
"I'm cold, Kyu." Nana whispered. Kyuhyun bit his lip, to stop himself from over-thinking. She wouldn't like it if he did anything. She'd resent him for it. He'd be making a huge mistake if he read into this as much as he wanted to.  
 
'She's just cold. Just offer her the blanket, Kyu.' He encouraged himself.  
 
He was about to do just that, until he felt her suddenly move closer to him. She rolled onto him, propping herself against his chest, and wrapping her arms around him. He froze up at the sudden action. He glanced down, shocked, at the girl. She wore a contempt smile as she snuggled into his chest. 
 
"Thank you, Kyu." She grinned. "I'm sorry I just kind of-" 
 
"No, it's fine." He assured her. It was more than fine, he loved it, The warmth of her body against his skin, warmed his soul. He glanced down at her peaceful expression, wanting to kiss her. Her steady breathing made him feel alive. He wrapped his arms around her, hoping that he could spread more warmth through her body. He grinned at the peaceful smile that fell upon her lips. 
 
"Are you warm now?" He questioned. After hearing no reply, he decided that she was probably asleep.  
 
"Good night, Nana." He spoke. He leaned down, and pressed his lips to her forehead. "Sweet dreams."