The Best Day Ever (Part 3)

To Steal His Heart

Yesh. So, I am officially off of hiatus until the next round of the competition I joined is out. The first round, was horror. You can view the story on the last chapter (Chapter 43) It's a horror one-shot. Okay, so for now, I am off hiatus, and I have brought with me a new chapter >.< Yes! I love this chapter for many reasons that you will later see.

Hahahaha. So...I'm really happy now because I made...1,000 karma. Gosh, I never thought I'd actually spam that much >.< Wow. Well, I can't wait for my 2,000 points in the future, and so on. And I really love all the subscribers for this too, so I'll also have to thank you as well as all the friends I've made here in such a short time >.<

btw...I haven't even reached the yet, so this still has many chapters left. As I have said before, I have an estimated finishing point at 55-75 chapters, so this is far from finished >.< Well, in any case, please enjoy! Oh, and I'd also be happy if you'd friend me. I like makign new friends here because everyone is so lovely :D


The petite girl surveyed her surroundings curiously before setting her gaze on the boy who stood before her. She shivered seeing as it was quite cold in the November breeze. Stealing a glance at Kyuhyun who stood in front of her, she hugged herself in attempt to keep warm.  
 
"Kyuhyun, I think I get the whole "making amends" idea, but why are we here? Are you planning to make up for everything you did here, because I think that'd take all day" 
 
"Gee, thanks. Doesn't that make me feel wonderful?" He sarcastically rolled his eyes. Noticing her shivering, he shrugged his jacket off and offered it to her. With pinks cheeks, she slowly nodded and took the jacket, wrapping it around her shoulders. Kyuhyun offered her a small smile before glancing up at the building that they stood under. 
 
"So why did you bring me here?" She questioned quietly. Her small voice sounded amplified over the the quiet breeze. Her cheeks reddened as she realized just how loud her words seemed when they reached her. 
 
"Actually, I'm not planning to make amends for anything here." Kyuhyun replied with a grin. He shrugged his shoulder, and smiled as he gazed up at the building. Nana, on the other hand, pouted.  
 
"But, Kyu!" She whined slightly, "You've done so much at this stupid school, and you're not going to make up for any of it?" 
 
"Like I said, thanks a lot." He grinned although he was speaking sarcastically. "Besides, I've done too many nice things today already. If I do anymore, my evil side may die out." Nana pouted at this, and playfully smacked his arms at which he grinned. He sighed once more, and gazed back up at the school building, marveling at how small it seemed. 
 
"Hey. do you remember when we graduated junior high?" He suddenly spoke out the blue. She trotted up next to him, stopping to stare up at the building curiously as he was. She figured that he was looking at something in particular, but it seemed otherwise. She slowly nodded, not knowing where he was getting at. 
 
"Yeah, like two or three years ago. Why?" 
 
"Do you remember the graduation ceremony?" She nodded her head once again, without giving an oral reply. He suddenly directed his attention towards her, his intense gaze burning through her. "Do you remember what I said?" 
 
"Vaguely..." She shrugged, her voice sounded quiet. "But...for the most part, I do." 
 


 
Nana gazed up at the building, knowing this might be the last time she'd ever visit the school. She couldn't help but marvel at the thought of being a high schooler. With this, she wasn't just a kid anymore. She'd be older and more mature. This made her smile. New things awaited her at high school. New friends, good times, love...maybe even an end to the constant teasing from a certain someo- 
 
She felt a tug on her ponytail. Speak of the devil...literally. 
 
"Hey!" The boy behind her called in a almost demanding tone as if he were ordering her to turn around to face him. She pouted. Since when did she have to do everything he told her to. With a sigh she turned to meet the face of Kyuhyun, as expected. As she turned to face him, she saw that he didn't look as teasing and mischievous as he usually did. Instead, he was bashfully kicking at a pebble on the ground, refusing to meet her gaze. 
 
"So...I was thinking...we're going to be in high school." 
 
"Yeah? Isn't that obvious, Kyuhyun?" She questioned. He ignored this, and continued talking. 
 
"You know how they say people grow apart over time...especially when they're moving on to something bigger? I think that may be especially true for those who...aren't exactly friends." He bit his lip, his gaze never leaving the pebble on the ground as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. His cheeks turned a upset pink, as he kicked the pebble around. His tone grew quieter when he spoke, as if it would fade out. Nana just stood and nodded, not getting the point of his words. What was he getting at? 
 
"Well...I-I guess what I'm saying is...well...I-I don't like that and I don't want it to happen." He glanced up at her for a quick second, as if in attempt to read her expression before, once again, staring down at the dirt of the ground. "You know...between you and me." 
 
"So?" She questioned, still confused. She glanced at him with big confused eyes, and he groaned in frustration at her immense stupidity. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration and let out a loud sigh. He didn't want to directly say it, but he decided that he needed to; otherwise, she'd never get it. 
 
"Look. Just hear me out, and really listen. Please. What I'm trying to say is...I don't want us to drift apart. I always want us to stay friends, enemies, or something. I don't really care what, but I just want us to always be together in some way." 
 
She blinked a couple of times. Nana tilted her head to the side as her mind finally processed his words. Then, she started giggling. Kyuhyun's cheeks grew even redder, and he hung his head, embarrassed. He glanced up at her with narrowed eyes. After her giggles ceased, she finally spoke in a cheerful tone. 
 
"Don't worry about that. As much as I hate your bullying and teasing...I think it's just become a part of my life now. It'd be kind of weird to live without you always being annoying and mean. It's be like waking up without the sun!" Kyuhyun eyes widened, and his cheeks grew even redder. He wasn't expecting her to react like that. He wasn't expecting her to accept his plea. He thought she'd tell him to go away, but... 
 
Kyuhyun smiled. He smiled a genuine smile as he glanced up at Nana. 
 
"Thank you." 

 



Kyuhyun stopped at that response. He turned to face Nana with a serious glint in his eyes. Pursing his lips, he argued with himself on whether or not to say what he wanted. If this didn't go well, then...he didn't even want to think of the possibility of it not going well. Nana would most likely feel awkward afterwards, and never talk to him again, and he just couldn't stand that. 
 
"Will you hear me out just once more. I swear, if you want I'll make this the last time, but I just need you to listen this once." Her eyes widened, and she nodded slowly, gazing up at him expectantly. "I really don't know how to say this. I've never been good at saying what I feel, so I've been debating ways to do this. I thought I could write it out, give you signs which you probably wouldn't have even understood, maybe even to show you, but...I want to do this instead." 
 
He gazed up at the building, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He then exhaled, and turned his attention back to her. He smiled, closed his eyes, and started singing with the most angelic voice that had ever reached her ears. She quietly closed her eyes and listened, finding herself breathless as he finished. They stayed in a moment of silence afterwards before Nana suddenly spoke. 
 
"Wait. So what was I supposed to get out of that?" He face palmed, sighing loudly in irritation. 
 
"Of course it would be just like you to miss the whole meaning..." He began trailing off as he shook his head in disappointment. Kyuhyun sighed. "Look, what I'm trying to say is that I-I lo-...lo-" His eyebrows furrowed as he found himself tripping and stuttering over his own words. He attempted this again, before throwing his hands up in the air in annoyance and letting out a low irritated growl. "Never mind. I'll just show you." 
 
"Show me? Show me wh-" She wasn't able to finish as he took a few steps towards her so that they were only inches apart. He placed his hands on her shoulders gently, and leaned his forehead against her's. Her cheeks automatically flushed with a rosy color, as he watched her reaction in wonder. Then he took a deep sigh, as if readying himself, and closed his eyes, slowly inching towards her until their lips touched. An electric surge ran through her body; a feeling like no other that she had ever felt before. 
 
Her eyes widened, and her cheeks grew a dark red. She tensed and grew stiff before relaxing in his safe sturdy arms. She allowed her eyes to flutter closed as she concentrated on the moment. She suddenly felt like she was floating. She felt so light; so giddy inside. After what seemed like a forever that she never wanted to end, he slowly pulled away with a smirk on his face. 
 
"Well? Do you get it now?" 
 
"Y-yeah. I think so." Nana answered breathlessly, still dazed by the action. Her head was reeling with all the thoughts that continuously circled around, and then she finally centered on one. Kyuhyun...he was confessing. He was actually...oh gosh.
 
"Good."