Idiots

To Steal His Heart

Bonjour everyone!~ Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday >.< They really made my day! I'm really happy, so thank you! ^.^ Hahahaha...so, regarding my question from yesterday, I've decided to set up a poll based on some of your suggestions >.< I just need to figure out how to use and make a poll >.<

Ah...anyway...So, I already know this chapter is going to frustrate you all >.< Sorry in advance >.< Hahaha. Personally, I like these parts. They're really dramatic, but some of you may not like it. Don't worry. These parts will come to an end soon >.< So, thank you! Enjoy!~


Kyuhyun blinked, glancing around the hallway for a certain short girl. He still couldn't believe that it actually worked, or rather, he'd like to believe that it worked. But if it really did work then that would mean that Nana actually liked him in that way, and that was impossible. It had already been made clear that Nana was in love with Siwon. It would always be Siwon, never him...and he could do nothing about that except blindly try, already knowing the inevitable results. 
 
He glanced down the hallway his right, and suddenly spotted Nana. Her small body leaned against the white wall behind her; her hair cascading down the the front of her face, hiding her face, as she hung her head. He couldn't help but feel mesmerized by her despite her dazed troubled expression. She seemed to be deep in thought, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know what those thoughts were. He was almost a hundred percent sure that it wasn't something good about him. 
 
"Hey." He forced out, lamely, although a thousand better responses surfaced in his mind. He felt like mentally slapping himself at the lame greeting. Couldn't he have said anything better than just that? 
 
Her head snapped up at the sudden greeting. He took note of the fact that her eyes widened. her cheeks flushed, and she trembled slightly. Her gaze flickered away as soon as it met his, almost as if she were afraid to maintain that slight connection between the two. Kyuhyun winced slightly, feeling hurt by this awkward atmosphere. Whatever happened to those days when they were comfortable around each other. He kind of missed arguing and annoying each other. 
 
"You don't need to say anything. Just go back to your cruel little life. The one that I don't have to be involved in." She finally murmured, her voice small, quiet, and trembling. The words stung. He gritted his teeth and looked away, knowing that he brought this upon himself. 
 
"Don't have to?" He questioned, taking a while to bring himself to do so. 
 
"Correction: The one that you don't want me to be involved in." She muttered bitterly. Her gaze was glued to the floor; her eyebrows furrowed as if she were about to cry. He bit his lip, wondering if she were really going to cry. That, in all the 13 years he knew Nana, was the one thing he had never seen her do.  
 
He'd always wanted her to finally break down. Kyuhyun worried about her. She was a girl who never cried no matter how hard things got. It wasn't good to keep all that emotion bottled up, yet she never released it. Whenever she was close to crying, she'd always force a smile. It was infuriating. He just wanted to see her cry just once...and then he wanted to comfort her.  
 
But now...he didn't want her to cry now. Now wasn't the right time because if she did then it'd be all his fault. He didn't want to be the reason for her tears. That would be the worst case in scenario. It'd be the worst thing he could ever do. 
 
He held his breath, hoping that the tears wouldn't spill out. Didn't want her to be involved in his life? What kind of crap was that? How could she ever thi- 
 
"That is how it is, isn't it? I hope you had fun making me think that we were actually something." Nervous bitter laughter left her lips; laughter that made him miss her musical laughter. He wondered if she'd ever direct one of her bright smiles towards him ever again. He made a big mistake...one that he could never go back on. 
 
Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak, but then stopped. If he asked that question...how would she react? He was anxious to know how he felt. He really wanted to ask, but...would she even bother answering. He already had basically stated that he hated her, so why would he want to- Oh, screw it. 
 
"Well, what did you think we were? What do you mean by 'something'." He asked cautiously. He saw a flash of emotion in her eyes; emotion he couldn't identify at first, until her cheeks blushed a dark red, and her bottom lip trembled. Was she embarrassed? Just what was going through that mind of her's? 
 
"I-I don't know what you mean." She choked. Her cheeks deepened in color. Nana's head rose. Her gaze met his for just a second, her cheeks reddening further, before looking back down at the ground. "W-We were...f-friends, weren't we?" 
 
"Friends?" He felt his heart drop at the word. Once again, he had been getting his hopes up too high. "I see. So that's all it was to you." 
 
"It was even less to you!" She protested, angrily. He felt guilty as he watched her anger spike. This wasn't her usual playful annoyance; this time she was actually furious. She felt betrayed, hurt, angry, every negative emotion she possible could. "You played with my emotions! You thought it was funny, didn't you? You probably laughed at how gullible I was. Well, was it a good laugh? Was it worth it, or was I not even worth your time?" 
 
"You hate me, Kyuhyun. You even said it, yourself. And I hate you for doing this to me because it hurts. Why does it have to hurt that much, Kyu?" She held a hand to her heart, and crumbled to the floor. Her face depleted of emotion. She sat motionless on the ground, breathing heavily. "It hurts, Kyuhyun. It hurts because...because you meant something to me. Because I cared about you. We were friends, but that was only in my head." 
 
He wanted to hold her. He itched to hold her body against his; to feel her warmth, and tell her that everything was okay. But, he couldn't. He wanted to do so so badly, but his body just wouldn't respond. He hated himself for that. 
 
"I don't mean anything to you, do I?" She glanced up at him, hurt evident in her eyes, hugging her body. That look in her eyes...it was as if she were looking to him for an answer. As if she were pleading for him to tell her otherwise, but he couldn't. Instead, he stayed silent. She chuckled bitterly, and bit on her lip. "I guess I'm still just fooling myself." 
 
"I guess you are." His eyes widened at the words he had just produced. He wanted to kill himself for saying something like that. He wanted to hurt himself as he saw her eyes widened; her skin grow pale; her lips tremble furiously. 
 
"I-I guess so...But if this is how it's going to be, then you better not be playing MiSun. You better love her. I won't allow you to break her heart to. It's not right." 
 
"Aish...you stupid girl. Always thinking of others right to the end." He muttered. He flinched, noticing that she turned towards him, hearing what he had just said. Their eyes locked for a few seconds, and his heart stopped. 
 
"I still think about you. I still worry about you too. I guess that just means that I'm a fool right to the end." She spoke in a serious tone. His gaze locked with her eyes, admiring the color, trying to distract himself from the intensity of her gaze. 
 
"Well, maybe you should stop." He spoke. The words as they reached his ears, sounded surreal. It was like someone else were using his voice, saying things he'd never imagined hearing himself say. "Don't think about me anymore because I don't think about you. I don't want you to think about me. You don't have to worry because I won't abandon MiSun. I love her." 
 
"I see. Maybe I should." She muttered, with a sad dazed expression. She offered him one last sad smiling before leaving, and heading back to the table. She didn't cry. She didn't break down. 
 
He clenched his fists, as he spotted that familiar fake smile on her face. 
 
"Don't act like you're alright when you aren't, idiot." 


 The poll doesn't seem to be appearing for me, so if it doesn't appear on your computer, just follow the link. Sorry for the inconvenience >.< http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/9995