The Best Day Ever (Part 2)

To Steal His Heart

I quickly typed this chapter because I wanted to give you one last chapter before I go on hiatus. Due to a change in the starting date for the writing challenge, the hiatus will have to begin now. That's right, I am now on hiatus. This means that I wont be able to update often, as I will be focusing most of my writing efforts on the challenge and making the due dates for each round; therefore, updates will slow. I can't say that they will necessarily cease, but they will slow. I will write for this when I feel like it though, or if I finish a round early. You all know that when I try, I can write and update really fast >.< I will try to get that done quickly so that I can focus on this again.

So...there is one more part after this to the "date". I know the end of this chapter was a bit rushed, but I still hope that you will fully enjoy it. I also hope that you will wait for me with patience until I'm finished with my entry for the first round of the challenge ^.^ Thank you all so much. Oh, and I want to give an extra thanks for getting me to 90 subscribers. I swear, my heart stopped when I saw that. I've never been so pleasantly surprised in my life.

I will post the link to my story for the competition in the next chapter when I start it, if any of you would like to read it. So, without further ado, here's the next chapter! See ya! I can't wait until my next update. I'll miss hearing from you!


"You!" Nana exclaimed, pouting. She bit down on her lip, narrowing her eyes at Kyuhyun who sat across from her. A smirk fell upon his face, as it often had, yet he still attempted to look innocent. He held up his hands in a defensive position, as if already rejecting whatever accusation she would make before she even made it. "What do you want from me?" 
 
"Nothing much." He replied simply, grinning from ear to ear. Nana pouted, knowing that "nothing" to him would always be something. That's just the way it was with Cho Kyuhyun. 
 
"Then why am I here?" She complained, crossing her arms across her chest. She childishly stomped her foot into the ground, and pouted. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, seemed nothing less than amused by these actions. 
 
"Because I told your umma that you weren't playing with me anymore." He explained casually, shrugging his shoulders. He winced, seeing that she was beyond angry after a comment like that. It wasn't as though he was lying. Although Kyuhyun loved to make it seem like he was doing things to purposely bother her, which he was most of the time, for once, he genuinely felt hurt. She hadn't talked to him for weeks. This was the longest time he'd gone without teasing her, and it felt almost as though something were missing from his life. He felt uneasy and annoyed, and he just wanted it all to stop. 
 
So...he found a solution. It was easy. He just complained to Nana's umma that she was ignoring him, and bam! Now they were sitting at a cafe on what the parents had deemed a "play date". It seemed that her umma had an errand to run, so she just dropped them off, promising to pick them up an hour later. Perfect. Well, for him at least. Now she was obligated to spend the next hour with him whether she liked it or not. 
 
"Hey! That's not fair!" She squealed, unhappily. He winced at her loud high-pitched voice, and motioned for her to calm down. She pouted, narrowed her eyes at him, and quieted down. Nana slumped down in her chair, shooting an upset look towards Kyuhyun who smirked victoriously in return. 
 
"Well, Nana. Life isn't always fair. Besides, I swear I'll make it up to you this time." She glanced up at him, suspicious. 
 
"How?" She quietly questioned. He smiled answering with the one thing he knew she couldn't resist. 
 
"I made you a cake." 
 
"Cake?" Nana repeated happily. Her ears perked up, and her eyes sparkled at the word. He chuckled at her pink cheeks and bright smile. Reaching inside his bag, he slowly rushed to pull something out. It was a small white box. He pushed the box forward towards her. "I can have all of it?" 
 
"You're such a pig." He rolled his eyes and chuckled at her gluttony. "Go ahead." With a huge grin, she opened the box, and plunged her fork into the cake. She took a big bite, and paused. That was when she actually tasted the food. With a look of disgust, she began coughing and hacking up the horrid substance. Her skin paled, and her eyebrows furrowed. Kyuhyun sat laughing hysterically at her misery after eating the cake he made. After she had finally gotten a hold of herself, she turned to him, still cringing from the fresh bitter taste in . 
 
"What did you put in there?" She asked in a hoarse voice. He shrugged, smirking evilly. 
 
"I don't know." He answered truthfully, "But that'll definitely teach you never to leave me again." Nana pouted, still grasping at , as if it'd make the taste go away. Kyuhyun sighed, holding out a glass of water towards her. She eagerly accepted it, and gulped down half the water the cup contained. After she finished, she opened once again, to speak. 
 
"You must really enjoy making my life miserable, don't you?" 
 
"Not necessarily..." He answered, gazing at her in thought. "I just enjoy being a part of your life. Doing this does make me a pretty significant portion of it, right?" 

 



Nana blushed as her stomach sounded, growling loudly amid their laughs. She dragged her feet against the ground, bringing the swing to a stop. With cherry red cheeks, she clutched her stomach in embarrassment, hoping that Kyuhyun didn't hear, although he obviously did. Kyuhyun chuckled, holding the twisted the wire chain on the swing, so that Nana was now facing him in her seat. 
 
"That wasn't me! I swear!" She cried with a pout. Kyuhyun grinned. He leaned closer towards the girl with a smile. 
 
"Really, Nana? I don't see anyone else here that could have possibly made that sound, and I know it wasn't me, so that could only mean..." He grinned pressing his forehead to hers, amused as her cheeks turned a darker shade of red. "You're hungry, right?" 
 
She didn't even have time to answer because the grumbling of her stomach answered for her. Nana's eyes widened. She punched her stomach, in attempt to get it to quiet down. Kyuhyun laughed, grasping for her hand. 
 
"It's fine. I've got this all planned out. Wait right here." She watched as he ran in the opposite direction. She waited a few minutes, and soon enough he came back with a small box. He ran up to her, and grabbed for her hand, swinging it. She blinked up at him in confusion. 
 
"What's in the box?" 
 
"That's a secret until we get to a certain place. You see, Nana, everything must be perfect in order for this to work." She nodded in understanding, although she obviously looked annoyed with not being able to know where they were going. This time, Kyuhyun flagged down a cab. The ride was silent, but not an awkward kind of silent. Kyuhyun was smiling widely anticipating his newest idea, while Nana was blushing deeply, glancing at their entwined fingers. 
 
The cab had soon come to a stop, and they exited it, standing before another familiar place. 
 
"Hey!" Nana exclaimed. "I-I know this place! Our ummas used to take us here a lot, right Kyu?" He nodded his head, dragging her inside the cafe by her hand. They sat down on the cushiony seats, and ordered two glasses of water. Once they had settled in, Nana anxiously glance at Kyuhyun, wondering what he was planning. Her eyes quickly darted towards the small white box on the ground, and she fidgeted in her seat. 
 
"Kyu! Can you show me the box now?" Nana asked, excited. She clasped her hands together, and grinned at the sight of the small box. That hint of mysterious left her feeling delighted. Kyuhyun grinned widely at this reaction, pleased to have made her produce this kind of expression. He slowly pushed the box towards her, and gestured for her to open it. She happily pushed open the lid, gazing at the item inside. 
 
"Yay! Cake!" She cheered, "I can have this all, right?" She picked up a fork, and gestured towards the cake. Instead of rolling his eyes, this time, Kyuhyun smiled, reminiscing of the same situation that had happened only a few years ago.  
 
"You're such a pig. " He recited with a grin. She pouted, but quickly returned the smile, after seeing his delighted expression. She dug her fork into the cake, but stopped short before bringing to . She paused in the action, her eyes widening. She slowly set the fork down, and crossed her arms across her chest, leaning backwards in her chair. 
 
"Kyu...you're not trying to poison me again, are you?  We all know that you can't cook." Kyuhyun's eyebrows furrowed. He managed a pout, attempting to use aegyo to win her over. 
 
"Come on, Nana." He pleaded. "Just try it! I spent hours trying before we left! I've never tried for anything this hard in my life before, so don't give up on it before you've even tried. Then all my hard work would've gone to waste." She narrowed her eyes at him, suspicious, but slowly brought the fork to again. She took a small bite, before drawing the fork back away from . Her eyes widened, and she beamed at him. 
 
"Y-you made this?" She clarified, still full of cake. He chuckled, ecstatic that she liked it, although he felt a bit disgusted by her lack of manners. He slowly nodded. 
 
"I told you I tried hard!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, grinning. 
 
"Kyuhyun." She glanced up at him, her eyes sparkling with happiness and joy. She set the fork in, and pulled him in for a hug. He was initially taken aback by this action, but quickly settled into it, getting comfortable. He smiled against the crook of her neck, clutching her tightly to him. "Thank you so much. I-I think I already forgive you for anything you've ever done in the past because now, Kyu...I think we're really close. I couldn't imagine being without you." 
 
"Me neither, but it's not over yet, so don't speak to soon. Finish your cake because I've got one more place to show you."