Black Cats

To Steal His Heart

The next morning was a high. With flushed cheeks and fluttery emotions, Nana held her burning face and grinned dreamily. The dizzily giddy feelings from before seemed to have travelled to following morning.

Twirling her hands up in the air, the girl swiveled on heel and spun around the room, but halted to a rather abrupt stop when she spun into the window and bounced back onto the floor on her .

A few unintelligible words flew from her lips, as she massaged her aching backside. She stole a glance outside the window, beaming at the sight of snow which brought upon yet another thought of the night before.

Kyuhyun pulled her towards him, gently, so that their skin contacted. Then their lips gently met. Friction and sparks flew throughout the air, creating a pleasant paradise. His smooth lips traced that of her own, holding the position in a wordless show of emotion.

"Merry Christmas!" Nana exclaimed. She put a hand over her chest, closed her eyes, and listened to the steady beating of her heart as she stared out into the frozen landscape where blankets of white created a snowy paradise. Suddenly something moved in the background.

For a few seconds, the young girl stood aligned and blinked at the object in attempt to define it within her mind. It was only afterward that she even thought to pull her coat on and rush outside.

A black cat.

His ash black fur appeared to be disheveled and clumped with mud, and he bore a noisome scent to emphasize the grotesque show. Nana had to pinch her nose to keep from inhaling.

Although she would have liked to ignore the creature and take refuge back inside her comfortable warm home, something compelled her to stay. Her petite hand reached out shakily towards the cat, and she held it out in front of him.

He glanced at her for a few miniscule seconds before making his way towards her. The overwhelming smell entered her nasal passageway, and she gagged but kept quiet.

Their eyes locked and a cold gush of wind pressed against her bare neck; then the contact broke. His knife-sharp teeth ripped through a layer of her skin, before the cat scampered away, leaving the girl to stare mindlessly at the seeping blood.

Black cats...weren't they a symbol of bad luck?

 


He saw her in the morning as she was passing by his house. It was her; he was sure of it by her auburn tinted hair and big glossy eyes. As soon as he caught site of the haughty girl, he had rushed outside to catch her before she left.

He succeeded, grasping her arm just before she was able to turn away, and he stared at her, bearing through her soul, with desperate eyes. What was he desperate for? She wondered. To do what was right? What a joke.

It was then that he realized, in all her glory, that the girl would've been beautiful if her beauty weren't tainted with her wretched personality.

"What do you want?" Her words shot acid right in his face."Choi Siwon, was it? Thanks for the help on my plans." Spite. That was what she was expressing. She was being simply defensive, and he figured that the girl had a serious problem with rejection.

"Park JaeHwa." He spoke coldly, "You can't go through with whatever you're planning. It isn't fair to wreck someone's happiness."

She scoffed in a mocking way, following it up with a cruel sneer.

"Oh really?" The girl asked, coating her tone in obviously fake surprise. She reached forward to grab the boy roughly by the collar, narrowing her eyes at him as she spoke in all seriousness. "You want to know what I'm doing? I'm going to tell the truth."

"The truth?"

"You don't know?" JaeHwa grinned teasingly. "I see how it is. So Kim Nana really is just what I thought she was."

"What would that be?" He questioned.

"Do you know what she was planning before all of this? That girl was planning to hurt Kyuhyun oppa by playing with his feelings."

Siwon's eyes widened as he took the information in. "It ca-"

"Can't be true?" She laughed cruelly, "You really are naive!"

"I'm not. It-it may be true, but that doesn't mean anything. They like each other now, so it shouldn't matter how it started. Nana loves Kyuhyun-ssi. We both know that."

"Well, aren't you a goody-good?" JaeHwa laughed, ridiculing his words. "Of course you would give everything up just to get out of this. You didn't even get through half the fight, and you're just going to give up?"

There was a tension-filled pause.

"This is the problem with you, Siwon. You always switch teams, just to play on the winning side. What you don't realize is that you're the only one who is going to lose out this way."

"I never-"

"Choi Siwon, it's up to you to decide whether you want to get what you deserve., but this is your last chance to try. You know what I'm planning to do, so it all depends on you now. Are you going to tell or not?"

A deep silence followed in which he contemplated his answer. Honestly her response had him stunned; however, he was at a loss of words, so she heel and left. Siwon knew fully that she knew what she had done to him. He now felt hollow, and that hollow feeling continued on with him for the rest of the day. No, week.

"What do I want?" Siwon questioned himself one night, sitting awake in bed. It was then that he realized his answer.

As much as he'd have liked to refuse it, he was Jaehwa's puppet. His goal was to shut up and pretend he knew nothing because that would be the only thing that would benefit him.

Perhaps he had been good for too long. After all, it'd taken him this long just to reach a decision.

It was good to be selfish once in a while, wasn't it?

Right?


Greetings everyone! No, I haven't fallen into a ditch and died somewhere, and yes, I have the perfect alibi for this century long wait for an update. In all actuality, my past month has been kind of hectic. You see, I was abducted by aliens a month ago. They enslaved me, and forced me to take some academic exams in order to win my freedom, so I had to study and all that stuff. Then, I finally foudn my way home, but by then I had corroded to a lazy tired individual. It took me a while to get off my lazy and do this, but here I am, cured from the alien's curses.

I'm being serious here.

So, due to my laziness I wrote this short horrid excuse for a chapter that I kinda found myself liking after I re-wrote it a bajillion times due to my author's block. I've never experience author's block before, but this time it hit me right in the face. Nah, I just liked that scene with Jaehwa and Siwon because I felt like I made Siwon too nice. But don't worry, he won't turn into a Jaehwa level jerk kinda character (I hope not...).

And with this, my laziness is cured. I'll be updating regularly every week now! Thanks for putting up with my lack of updating in the past month. (It's been a whole month, hasn't it?)

P.S: This is chapter 50! But since I had author's notes, it's technically like...48 maybe? I don't know.

Anyway, thanks and see you next week :) Bye!~