And When The Truth Finally Comes Out...

To Steal His Heart

So...I'm really sorry for the late update >.< Gosh, I meant to update Friday, but then I realized something. I originally wrote the chapter a different way. I forgot that in the story MiSun and Kyuhyun were "fake dating". So, that would interfere with how I wrote the chapter, so I needed to re-write it. That's why this update is so late >.< I'm really sorry. Oh, and the ending is choppy too >.< Sorry! I promise the next one will eb so much better!


Her eyes fluttered open as the rays of the morning sun peeked out from the curtains, bringing blinding morning light into the room. Kim Nana blinked a few times in irritation before bringing her head back down into her pillow. That was, until she realized that it wasn't a pillow at all. Her eyes widened as she glanced down at the warm arms that encircled her waist. Her cheeks tinted a light pink. Embarrassed and giddy, she buried her face into the boy's chest. She squealed to herself, happily, before laying her head on his warm chest and grinning widely. 
 
"So it wasn't a dream." She murmured to herself happily. She gazed up at Kyuhyun's peaceful sleeping face, and smiled.  
 
She still couldn't believe that she was in this situation. All the misunderstandings and confusion (Although much of it was MiSun's doing) eventually led to this. She wasn't even too sure what this was because everything seemed all too surreal. She smiled lightly to herself as Nana's mind soared back to the day before. 
 


 
"Good." 
 
The moments after that kiss were awkward. Extremely awkward. Kyuhyun nervously poked at a pebble on the ground with his foot, while Nana stared into space, obviously still shocked. They both said nothing, and refused to look at each other because, in the few times their eyes did meet, it'd only be followed by rosy flushed cheeks and quickly turning heads. Kyuhyun still couldn't tell if this was a good sign or not. She hadn't said anything about the matter, and the silence was killing him. It was worse to be waiting to be rejected than to actually be rejected. 
 
"So..." Kyuhyun awkwardly started, his voice slicing through the empty silence like a knife. "What does this mean for us?" Nana's head snapped up, but she continued to avoid his gaze. Instead, she insisted on gazing up blankly at the sky as though there was something interesting up there. She slowly shook her head, nibbling ever-so-slightly on her lip. His eyes settled on those pink lips, suddenly feeling a slight temptation to kiss her again, knowing that, depending on her answer, he may never get the chance to do so again. 
 
"I-I honestly don't know." She answered in a shaky voice. Nana brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as the autumn wind blew. She finally faced Kyuhyun, their gaze locking. "Where are we supposed to go from here?" Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders, and forced a small laugh. 
 
"Well, a good start would be giving me a real answer." He responded curtly. He took a deep breath before stepping in front of the girl and turning to face her with a serious expression. "Kim Nana, I-I think I love you." She glanced up at him for only a second with wide doe eyes, before diverting her gaze back to the ground. Her cheeks burned a deep red, as she turned away, biting hard on her lower lip. He took this as a sign, and sighed heavily, turning away from the girl. 
 
"M-me too." He stopped in his steps, glancing over at her with wide eyes. "Kyuhyun, it took a while for me to understand. I'm not even sure why I feel this way. You bullied me and teased me so much, but...I somehow fell in love with you, and...I'm sorry I put you through so much. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize how I really felt." He suddenly enveloped her in a tight hug, hugging her close to his body. He laid his chin atop her head, and took in her intoxicating scent, smiling at the cherry aroma. 
 
"I think I've already made it clear, but...I'm sorry too, for any trouble that I might have caused you. I didn't realize it before, but it was only because I liked you and wanted your attention that I did everything I did. I think...even from the beginning, I just really wanted you to look at me. I wanted your attention, so I teased you a bit." He pulled away just a bit to get a good look at her hopeful expression. A smirk made its way to his face. "Besides, it's not like I did anything that bad. I didn't drive you too crazy, did I?" She giggled, throwing a playful glare his way. 
 
"No." She laughed. Her laughing ceased as a new thought entered her mind. The reason she realized her feelings in the first place was due to MiSun. Due to MiSun's...game. She shuddered slightly at the whole thought of planning to play with Kyuhyun's feelings and then hurting him. She suddenly found herself angry for planning to do such a stupid thing in the first place. How could she plan to do something so cruel? It was a horrible plan. "Kyuhyun, I have something to tell you. I-" 
 
She found her words caught in as she attempted to speak. Sadly, the words she meant to say refused to come out. Her eyebrows furrowed, annoyed at her inability to speak. With a small sigh, she decided to drop it. Besides, she could always try again later. 
 
"Never mind." 

 



Nana grinned. So now...she was his, right? And then he was her's. She inwardly squealed at this, happily. With flushed cheeks, she slowly leaned forward, placing a kiss atop his forehead, before plucking his arms off her waist. She crawled out of bed, making her way to the kitchen. She promptly took a seat on a nearby chair, and flipped open her phone. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" Nana nervously smiled at the tired yawn of a reply. 
 
"Hello!~" She sang into the phone, only to get a less than energetic reply. 
 
"Ugh. Why are you calling me at...I don't know what time it is, but it's way too early. Leave me and my weekend mornings alone!" MiSun groaned into the phone. Nana winced, wondering how MiSun's feelings and attitude would soon change. It hadn't occurred to her before, but she'd technically betrayed MiSun. Kyuhyun had too. That was the one thing that she promised herself she wouldn't do. She wouldn't betray MiSun for a relationship, but she'd done so any way.  
 
Kyuhyun and MiSun were going out before, but now...he said he loved her instead? So...he would've been lying to MiSun the whole time then? Either way, Nana knew she had betrayed MiSun by accepting to the relationship, and now, guilt ate at her heart. That was why she decided, at that very second, that if MiSun didn't accept of the relationship, she'd call it quits before it even started and remain friends with Kyuhyun. MiSun meant more. They'd been friends for years, and she couldn't do this to her...she just couldn't. 
 
She gulped nervously, clutching the phone so close to her cheek that it left an imprint. 
 
"Because I have something that I absolutely need to tell you." She breathed in a shaky tone. 
 
"And what would possibly be so important that you just had to wa-" 
 
"Kyuhyun said he loved me." There was a long pause of silence over the line. Nana shivered in her seat, trembling. She closed her eyes and breathed, expecting shrill angry screaming over the phone. She just prayed MiSun wouldn't denounce them as friends. She prayed they could get past this. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" 
 
"Oh gosh. What did you say? You better not have said no. I swear, if you rejected the kid after all this then I'll march down there right now an-"  
 
"Wait. What?" The girl gasped in astonishment, finally regaining her ability to breath. Her eyes widened, and she looked at the phone incredulously. "B-but I thought...I thought you..." 
 
"Crap. Don't tell me your rejected him because you still believed our little "Make Nana Jealous" plan." MiSun exclaimed over the phone. Nana blinked, stopping to remind herself to breath. She glanced around the room, confused, as she tried to make sense of everything being said. Then, she finally got it. Kyuhyun and MiSun tricked her to make her jealous. They were never seriously together. "Alright. I know what you're thinking, Nana, but don't get too angry. I mean, I was just thinking of yo-" 
 
Incredulous laughter left Nana's lips. Instead of blowing up at MiSun, she laughed in relief. The giggles sounded the room, and didn't stop for a good ten minutes. 
 
"Okay. I'm scared. Why are you laughing?" She heard MiSun question in a small voice. Nana cupped her hand over , to keep herself from giggling again. A large grin had found its way to her face. 
 
"I-I'm not mad. I just realized...this means that I can keep both of you." MiSun's silence followed as Nana grinned widely at the phone. She could only imagine a shaken MiSun regaining her composure, because in MiSun's world, it was vital to always keep your cool. 
 
"So then..." She started, changing the subject. Nana blinked, earnestly anticipating the words. "Did you reject him?" She rolled her eyes. Of course, that was just like MiSun. 
 
"No. Because...through your whole jealousy plan, I realized that I actually did like Kyu better than Siwon oppa. I admired Siwon oppa for so long, but...the way I felt about Kyuhyun was more pure. It felt more real than my silly childish fantasies. So...in that sense, I'm really thankful that you helped me realize this MiSun. Although I have yet to tell Kyuhyun about the whole "To Steal His Heart" plan you devised. It'd only be right to tell him the truth first, right? It may be hard, but I don't want any more misunderstandings." 
 
"That's right, Nana. You need to tell him about that. He'd be so pissed if he found out on his own. We'd be in so much trouble." 
 
"Not only that...he'd feel betrayed, and I don't want to betray Kyuhyun. I love him." MiSun's hearty laughs resounded in her ears. 
 
"Yes! I was waiting so long to hear you say that!"