You Can't Keep Secrets From Umma

To Steal His Heart

Ah...it's been a long day. I just noticed that I updated quite a lot this week...but that's a good thing, right? So, it's quite alright. Hahaha. I really don't have much to say this time, except thanks for reading >.< Ahahaha. See ya! Enjoy!~


Nana's eyes fluttered open at the sound of loud beeping and yelling. She groaned, turned over on her side, and closed her easy once again. Pulling the covers closer to her body, she smiled happily, preparing herself to let the sleep take over once again. Suddenly, the peaceful warm atmosphere was interrupted by a cold breeze near her legs. Nana mumbled a complaint as she hugged her body trying to stay warm. She shut her eyes closed tightly, refusing to blink them open for anything. 
 
"Yah! Wake up! How long are you going to let that thing go on? It's been beeping for the past half an hour!" A voice shrieked, which she immediately identified as her umma's. She shuffled a bit, trying to keep as still as possible. Perhaps if she pretended she was asleep long enough, her umma would just go away and she could sleep more. 
 
She felt a pair of hands shaking her shoulders rapidly. Feeling a bit disturbed, she sat up to pull the covers back up and over her. She tangled herself within them, and shook her head. 
 
"Just five more minutes, umma." She pleaded, squeezing her eyes shut. Nana grumbled as she felt the covers being tugged from her body, so she clung to them tightly. Unfortunately, this wasn't the greatest idea, as she, along with the covers, were pulled off the bed. She hit the floor with a loud thump, still not willing to get up. 
 
"Allow me, umma. I'll wake her up." She heard a second voice speak. She suddenly felt a warm breath on her ear. "You're late for your date with Choi Siwon, Nana." 
 
Her eyes suddenly shot open, and she darted for the alarm clock. Nana breathed a relieved sigh when she found that it was still way early in the morning. She turned to pout at the person who woke her up, and found a giggling MiSun. She puffed her cheeks out and shot MiSun a glare that the other did not find intimidating at all. 
 
"It's not funny!" She whined childishly, crossing her arms over her chest. MiSun looked up, blinked at her, and then continued with her giggle fit. 
 
"Oh yes it is!" MiSun choked out between laughs, "I swear, Nana. You're the most gullible person I've ever known!" Nana pouted. 
 
"No I'm not." She murmured to herself, not wanting to openly argue with MiSun at the moment. MiSun heard what she said anyway, and laughed to herself. With a pout, Nana wrapped herself in her covers to ignore the laughing. 
 
"Oh no, you're not." Nana's umma started, tearing the covers off the girl, "I don't care if it's the weekend. Aigo...how did I end up with such a lazy daughter?" 
 
"Hey! You gave birth to me, so I must have got my laziness from somewhere, and it sure isn't that work-a-holic excuse of an appa who never comes home!" Nana argued bitterly. "Besides I have plenty of time before my..." Her cheeks flushed at just the thought of the word that was about to roll off of her tongue. She supped her hand over her cheeks, feeling extremely giddy. She was actually going on a date with Siwon; a real date.  
 
That's right. Siwon asked her out, so she was...his girlfriend. This wasn't a dream. This was reality. This was such a warm wonderful reality. If it had been three months ago, she'd never have thought something like this was even possible. It would've taken a miracle. Miracles really do happen... 
 
"...my date." She whispered to herself, fascinated as she spoke the word. It felt almost surreal. 
 
An unsuspecting Nana was suddenly scooped into her excited umma's arms. Her umma ran her hand in circular motions over her daughter's back. Nana's eyes widened, slightly surprised by her umma's gesture. Mood swings much? Whatever happened to be angry at the lazy daughter who did nothing but sleep all day? 
 
"Aigo...my daughter is growing up so fast! You're first date already? Why don't you tell your poor umma anything?" Her umma complained in a whimpering tone. MiSun rolled her eyes. She definitely knew where Nana got her aegyo from now. Nana opened to console her umma, but stopped as she heard her next words. 
 
"I had to get all the details on your personal life from MiSun-ah!" Nana shot a threatening glare towards MiSun, who nervously stepped away. 
 
"How much did she tell you?" Nana questioned, nervously. Her umma blinked at her curiously, tilted her head, and finally answered. 
 
"Everything. Who knew my daughter was such a little player?" Nana's cheeks flamed a deep red as she growled at MiSun. 
 
"How could you? I'm not a player! MiSun's malign me do it, I swear! She only told her part of the story!" MiSun rolled her eyes, and grasped for Nana's arm, pulling her away. 
 
"Whatever let's just get you ready for your little date. You want to look good for Siwon-ssi, don't you?" 
 



"Move over!" MiSun whined, grasping her binoculars. She gulped as the leaves and branches of the bush rustled. With a huff, she harshly pushed Kyuhyun over, who glared at her in return. He grumbled something, and sat up, making sure that he was far away from MiSun. For someone who was supposed to be doing him good, she was very...annoying. 
 
"Why do I have to even be here?" He grumbled a complaint, smoothing his ruffled hair down. He glared over at MiSun, who practically forced him to come. What good would watching someone's date do to him, other than making him feel worse than he already felt? 
 
"So you don't want to see what happens?" 
 
"Not really." He answered, shrugging his shoulders. MiSun scowled, rubbing her arm that a branch from the bush had scraped against. Sungmin rushed to help her, which she was thankful for. At least someone here wasn't a stupid stubborn jealous idiot. She thought for a while before suddenly smirking, mischievously. 
 
"Fine. You can leave if you really want to." Kyuhyun nodded, and started to get up. "But...if something happens on their date, you won't be able to stop it." He stopped in his tracks, and turned to give MiSun a suspicious look. 
 
"What are you getting at?" 
 
"If you trail along on the date, you can prevent things from happening. It's all good as long as we don't get noticed, right? But...you don't even like Nana, so you wouldn't care if anything does happen." 
 
"You're even more evil than I am, you know that?" He muttered, sitting back down on the grass behind the bush that they were hiding in. MiSun grinned and stuck her tongue out at him. "But why does she have to come?" He nodded towards JaeHwa who was clutching his arm. He attempted to shake her off, but she wouldn't budge. 
 
"Apparently, she overheard me when I said that anyone could come." MiSun answered. JaeHwa grinned up at Kyuhyun who sighed, obviously annoyed. 
 
"Oppa! You're such a good friend! I think it's so cute how you're worried about your friend on her date." JaeHwa giggled, hugging his arm tighter. He huffed in annoyance, and finally pried her off. What was the point in dealing with JaeHwa anymore. He honestly didn't want to lie to her about it anymore. The sooner he told her, the sooner she'd move on, right? He suddenly turned towards JaeHwa with a serious expression. 
 
"Look." Kyuhyun started, with a hint of irritation in his tone, "I love Nana. She likes Choi Siwon-ssi. Can you stop bothering us now?" With that, he turned back to peek out behind the bush, impatiently. JaeHwa's mouth flew open in shock, followed by an angry pout. 
 
"Sheesh. Way to be harsh." MiSun winced. Sungmin nodded his head in agreement, and reached out for the binoculars. They all peeked out behind the bush. Well, all except JaeHwa who was glaring at Kyuhyun as if he'd actually care. 
 
"Look! Look! There he is!" MiSun squealed, pointing towards Siwon who now appeared at Nana's front porch. She nudged Kyuhyun, and grinned at his sour expression. "Aww...is someone jealous?" 
 
"I'm not jealous!" Kyuhyun quickly snapped, his heated gaze still on Siwon. MiSun found his angry expression beyond hilarious, and laughed along with a smiling Sungmin. Kyuhyun's gaze quickly flickered to the two, and then down at the ground. "Well...maybe a little." 
 
The laughter faded, and all their heads snapped up as they heard the front door to Nana's house open. Kyuhyun held back his immense irritation, suddenly wishing he were in Siwon's place as soon as he saw Nana. She looked beautiful. Her hair was curled slightly into long wavy dark locks, she had light make-up on that still showed her natural looks, and she wore a slight pink flower-printed chiffon dress that showed off her slight figure. 
 
He suddenly felt his jealousy sky rocket. It wasn't as if it weren't fair. As much as he wanted to think that thought, it was completely fair. Nana liked Siwon; Siwon liked Nana. Who was he to get in the way of that? The thing was, he couldn't help but get in the way of it. It was because he loved Nana too, and was pretty sure he loved her way more than Siwon did, that he just HAD to get in the way. He couldn't let Nana go. Not after being with her for 13 years.  
 
He was in love with her, and this was the first time he'd ever been in love. You just can't let these kind of things go. It's not right. Besides, it wasn't as though they were together, right? It was just a simple date. He already went on a date with her too. Granted that their date was skipping school, and only he deemed it a date. He was sure that Nana didn't object only because she was too tired to. 
 
"Come on! Let's go!" MiSun ordered. "Thanks to you, they already left. Can you try not to space out, you lovesick idiot? We need to follow them." 
 
Kyuhyun quickly shook his thoughts off, and nodded. The most important thing at the moment, was making sure that nothing would happen on their date. The game wasn't over until it was really over. He still had a chance, didn't he?