Please Do Explain, Kyuhyun

To Steal His Heart

Hehehe!~ Two updates in one day! I hope you like this one, although it's rather boring. Nothing eventful really happens, but please bear with it! Thanks ^.^


He stared into the glossy eyes of a certain dolled up Kim Nana. She seriously looked like a porcelain doll with her pale skin, slightly tinted cheeks, big glossy eyes, and red plump lips. He almost couldn't believe it himself, that it was the same lazy Kim Nana who only dressed in t-shirts and jeans, from the previous week. He still had no idea what sprung upon the change, although he honestly didn't care. She would've looked perfect if it weren't for the sour expression on her face. 
 
It was obvious that Kim Nana was less than pleased. Her eyebrows furrowed as she scowled, glaring up at Kyuhyun. She had her arms crossed around her chest, one gripping the handle of her purse that she had probably borrowed from MiSun. She grabbed for her hand, to drag her along, but she snatched it from his grasp. He rolled his eyes at this, and she pouted like a child. 
 
"Can we just get this over with? I'm not too thrilled about this either." He huffed. With a reluctantly sigh she held his hand, and let him lead her away. 
 
"I really don't want to." Nana whined, glaring up at him and dragging her feet along. Well, she wasn't the only one who didn't want to do this. It was embarrassing and weird having to drag Nana around as if she really was his girlfriend. Not that that would ever really happen, even in a million years or something. Not if she were the last girl on earth...well, maybe not the last, but close. There were three major concerns Kyuhyun had with having Nana as his pretend girlfriend. 
 
1. She would dress like a slob again (Which he'd been proven wrong, as she was dressed beautifully, which he really didn't expect. Then again, he didn't know what to expect from her anymore. Throughout the week, she'd become just so...unpredictable) 
 
2. She'd have absolutely no manners, and would ruin this for him. He'd tried not to think about this, since he knew it was inevitable. Kim Nana and table manners? It'd be a disgrace to even fit them in the same sentence. That just didn't work. 
 
3. Nana would continue to act like she hated him even though she agreed to be his pretend girlfriend since he offered to treat her to cake afterwards. This would just make his whole plan crumble apart. If she didn't act the way he wanted, then JaeHwa and his parents would find out all too easily 
 
He glanced down at the short girl, who trotted up to his side and stared up at him in wonder. 
 
"You better not wreck this for me." He warned, earning himself a glare. 
 
"Don't worry about it. I'm not that bad! Besides, MiSun forced me to prepare myself for this, so I wouldn't act bad or anything." An uneasy feeling rose in his chest although she was assuring him that it'd be fine. If it was Kim Nana, nothing would go smoothly. Why again, did he ask her to be his pretend girlfriend? Couldn't he have asked MiSun or someone...anyone else? 
 
"So what's JaeHwa like?" Nana questioned. 
 
"Don't know, don't care." He answered, although it was partly a lie. Sure, he knew JaeHwa, and he hated her. She was clingy, annoying, self-centered. She was whiny and cried when things didn't go her way. It was just plain annoying. If JaeHwa hadn't existed, he wouldn't even be in this whole mess, and wouldn't need Nana's help. 
 



Flashback 
 
"What?" Nana choked out. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped open. What the heck? Was Kyuhyun really asking her that? Her mind was reeling, and she just didn't know what to think anymore. She slumped against the door frame, not able to hold herself up anymore from the shock. 
 
"Geez. It's not that big of a deal. I'm only asking you to pretend for just one day." 
 
"N-no way. I can't do that." She finally spoke. The whole situation seemed almost surreal to her, and she was pretty sure she was dreaming. It was just all a little bit too strange. These kind of things never happened in real life, right? She bit her lip to keep herself from trembling. This was just all too much. It was too overwhelming for her. She desperately tried to calm herself down by insisting to herself that she was dreaming. Cho Kyuhyun would never ask her to do something so ridiculous. 
 
"Why not? It's not like you have anything better to do." He snickered. She managed the coldest glare she could, angry at the insult. She had plenty better things to do. That is, if you count sitting around and watching dramas as a better thing to do. Well, to Nana, it was much better than hanging around her longtime enemy all day, and acting as his girlfriend. 
 
"Hey! I have better things to do. Like..." She cast a glance towards the ground, attempting to hide the fact that she had absolutely no excuse. "Like...something, okay?" She threw her arms down to her side, and headed off towards where her bicycle laid on the green grass. She felt a sudden tug on her ponytail, and swerved around to glare at Kyuhyun. Couldn't he go even a single day without doing that? 
 
"Just hear me out. I have a very good reason for this. I wouldn't want to go out with you either if it weren't for this." She tapped her foot against the ground expectantly, deciding to hear him out. He deserved that at least. It'd be kind of mean to just leave him without even letting him explain. "My parents have these friends who have a daughter." 
 
"Wait! If this is going to be a long explanation, then I'm probably not going to understand it." Nana exclaimed. He rolled his eyes at her immense stupidity. 
 
"My parents. Friends. Friends have a daughter. I don't like her. She likes me. They're trying to set us up. They're coming over for dinner in a few days. I told my parents I have a girlfriend because I don't want to be set up. I don't really, so you're going to pretend to be my girlfriend." Nana pouted. That wasn't very fair. He shouldn't be set up with someone he doesn't even like. She understood his position on this, yet she still felt extremely uneasy. Nana didn't want to spend the day pretending to be Kyuhyun's girlfriend...and in front of his parents too! His umma was bound to tell her's, and then they were all going to think that they were together. 
 
"Aww...that really . I'd never want to be set up by my parents!" She agreed, nodding her head rapidly, "Well, I have to go now, so bye!" She turned to leave, before being stopped again. 
 
"We can just have a pretend break up afterwards." He stated. After finding that she still didn't look convinced, he sighed and decided to give in to the one thing he knew she couldn't resist, "I'll treat you to some cake afterwards too." He swore he could see her eyes brighten up at the offer. Her lips twitched up into a cheerful smile. 
 
"Okay!" 

 



"Remember, you have to call me 'oppa' and don't say anything stupid. It'd also be great if you wouldn't scarf down your food like you always do because it's kind of disgusting." Kyuhyun instructed. She nodded her head at each of the commands, and saluted. 
 
"Yes, sir. I mean, oppa!" The words sounded so foreign, rolling off her tongue, especially since she was saying it to Kyuhyun. He'd always just been Cho Kyuhyun or Kyuhyun-ah. It made her feel strange inside, calling him 'oppa.' It was like it just didn't fit. 
 
"Good." He sighed heavily, and readied himself before opening the door to his own house. 
 
"Oppa! I've been waiting for y-" A voice began to squeal before stopping short as the girl caught sight of Kim Nana. Kyuhyun suppressed a laugh as Nana cocked her head, oblivious to the death glares Park JaeHwa was shooting her. If looks could kill, JaeHwa's would've strangled Nana to death. 
 
"Who is she?" The girl demanded, pointing a finger at the dense girl. 
 
"My girlfriend." Kyuhyun answered. The girl gritted her teeth, taking a few steps towards Nana, and pulling her into the house. She leaned forward, to whisper a single threat in her ear. 
 
"Don't think you can get away with this. I'll crush you to pieces." Something told Nana that this wasn't going to be a very enjoyable dinner.