Exam Time

To Steal His Heart

Ah...I just finished this chapter a few seconds ago >.< Hehehe. I'm sorry if there are too many scene changes in this one. I think this chapter is a bit longer than the others >.< Anyway, enjoy! >.<


Lee MiSun was angry. No...that wasn't nearly impactful enough of a word to describe her feelings. She was furious; livid; infuriated; aggravated. She was so angry that she felt like pulling out her entire head of hair. Kim Nana must've been the biggest, most dense, forgetful idiot in the entire world because if she wasn't, then who was? 
 
Who else in this whole freakin' world would do something as idiotic as spoiling the entire plan in just 10 minutes?! She told him to leave her alone. What the hell was going through that stupid girl's head as she said something as stupid as that? Aish...MiSun's face grew a deeper red as Nana continued explaining the situation over the phone. She gritted her teeth, grinding them together. She crushed the paper cup in her hands, ignoring the fact that the cool liquid had begun dripping down her arm. 
 
"You idiot! Why would you tell him to leave you alone? Whatever happened to my plan? Weren't you supposed to steal his heart and break it?" MiSun shrieked. She could only imagine the frightened expression on the other's face. 
 
'That's right. You better be scared.' She thought bitterly. 
 
"I'm sorry!" Nana squeaked. MiSun's anger rose as she caught hint of the frightened tone in her voice. Did Nana seriously think she was the victim? Who was it that spent forever carefully crafting a master plan? Who was it that went out of her way everyday just to hint to an unwilling Kyuhyun where Nana would be so that she could force them together? Who was it that sacrificed so much just to be a convenient friend? 
 
"I don't get why you're so mad anyway. If Kyuhyun doesn't bother me anymore, then the whole problem is gone. I won't be miserable; therefore, I won't annoy you with my whining about being miserable. It's a win-win situation, right?" MiSun considered her words, and frowned. No. It wasn't a win-win situation. It was two dense stubborn acting stubborn and ruining everything she set up. Wouldn't it be much better if everyone wins? Besides, MiSun wasn't about to let all her hard work go to waste. She wasn't the kind of person who would do work and get nothing out of it. That would be a waste, and Lee MiSun did not waste. 
 
"Kim Nana you better apologize to Cho Kyuhyun right this instance or I will-" She threatened, before being rudely cut off. 
 
"Siwon oppa's coming to help me study. I don't have time to talk!" Nana said, sounding both excited and cheerful. Oh, great. After that se rudely hung up on a fuming MiSun. Kim Nana was so dead. 
 



Nana tied her hair back in a high ponytail, so that not a single strand would get in her face. She sharpened all her pencils, and laid them out in a straight line on her desk. She pulled her set of textbooks from her bag and settled them on the desk next to her pencils. Lastly, she settled herself in her chair, and loomed over the books. 
 
"Kim Nana, you are going to study your off for the next few hours. You are not allowed to fall asleep. You are not allowed to take breaks except if you need to go to the bathroom. You are not allowed to answer texts or talk to anyone, even if Siwon oppa magically decides to text you. Last but not least, you are not allowed to stop studying until you understand and memorize everything in these books. Now are you ready?" She spoke to herself, using her announcer voice. With a determined glint in her eyes, she nodded.  
 
"Yes, I'm ready." With that, she flipped the first page open to her history textbook, and began scanning the page. Not once, did her eyes stray off the page. Siwon spent so much time tutoring her and helping her with her homework. She was not about to let all that hard work go to waste. Not to mention the fact that summer school was definitely not an option. She needed to study hard if she wanted to pass, and passing was definitely in her intentions. 
 
Nana studied for several hours throughout the night, drinking large amounts of coffee to stay awake. She studied for hours and hours doing anything necessary to stay awake. It wasn't until her umma came up to her room to wake her up that she realized she had studied throughout the whole night. 
 
"Get up you lazy a-" Nana's umma started. She stopped short in her sentence as she caught sight of the half-dead girl, slumped over her desk with her head in the textbooks. "What the heck? It's a miracle! You're awake this early in the morning? Hallelujah!" 
 
"Mmm...Sure. Whatever." She attempted to get up, but her legs gave out from underneath her as soon as she was away from the chair. She had almost no energy, and couldn't even find enough strength left in herself to drag herself across the room. Her umma left, but returned seconds later to offer her a cup of coffee which she gladly took. Her eyelids drooped as she gulped down the hot liquid, ignoring the fact that it was burning . The burn somehow made her feel more awake. 
 
From her lack of sleep and tired feelings, she could determine the following. 
 
1. She'd need a major amount of energy drinks to be able to make it through her volleyball game 
2. A single cup of coffee was not enough to stay awake with 
3. Today would be a long day 
 



She barely made it through the exams. Throughout the whole exam period, her eyes were drooping shut, her mind was focused on sleeping, and her hand was too tired to move. It was obvious that she did horribly. She felt like breaking out into sobs at how disappointed she was in herself, but she refrained from the action. 
 
She was a horrible inconsiderate, stupid, brainless, rude, stubborn, simplistic, dense, naive, gullible, childish, dumb girl who couldn't do anything right. The most she could do was try her hardest, but even her hardest. Had she done so poorly because she hadn't tried her hardest. Maybe the results may have been better if she paid more attention to Siwon instead of drooling over him. Was that he reason?  
 
Whatever it was, she felt guilty. She let everyone down; Siwon oppa who put so much effort into tutoring her, the teacher who truly believed she could do well if she tried hard, MiSun who earnestly wanted her plan to work only to have her hard work wasted by Nana's anger, and even herself. She once again, let herself down like always. 
 
Anything can be achieved by hard work. This, she earnestly believed...but maybe she just hadn't tried her hardest. Like always, she had failed once again. Well...there wasn't much else she could've expected from herself. After all, this always happened. 
 
For once, the energy from her body felt drained. She suddenly remembered her volleyball game that day, and groaned. It was already extremely hard for her to even pick herself up to move a few feet. How was she supposed to play? She'd only disappoint more people...but if she didn't...She had to try her best. She just had to. It wasn't over until she did at least that much. She forced herself up, trying to shuffle to the locker rooms near the gymnasium, so that she could at least get some practice in. 
 



Originally, Kyuhyun had been extremely shocked by Nana's outburst. Sure, eh had provoked her as he always did, but still...That was the first time she'd ever told him to go away and never come back. She told him that she hated him before; she told him that she would get back at him; Heck, she even told him to go die in a hole, but she never told him directly, to stop bothering her. It was because these were unspoken words that she never dared to say, that they stung just a bit. 
 
Before, it was like those words were taboo. He figured that she just didn't want to hurt his feelings, so she never bothered to say them. The fact that she did say that after he informed her that she didn't really like Siwon, in their little heated conversation, must've meant that she really did like him. 
 
That too, stung a bit. It was like she was throwing several blows at him that he just couldn't escape; like a knife repeatedly stabbing at his heart. For a few hours, this confused him. In fact, the whole thought of her liking Siwon and him being angry about it stumped him. In now way, was it jealousy. That would've been ridiculous. They were friends...or was it frenemies? Either way, him and Nana being together was a disgusting idea that bothered him even more than her being with Siwon. It just was wrong and made him feel all weird inside. He preferred not to think about it. 
 
Instead, he decided that the only reason he felt extremely angry at Nana's words and that hard lump in his soul, was because he wanted to protect her. They were frenemies since they were five years old. Wouldn't it only be natural that he wanted to keep her safe from harmful beings who didn't share the same feelings as she did. Choi Siwon didn't like her. How could he? He only tutored her for a week and talked to her like...one time prior to that, right? Therefore, they were only friends. If Nana went delusional again and read into it anymore than it really was, then she would just end up hurt. How could a great friend like Kyuhyun, let that happen. 
 
That's why, he decided that he wouldn't give up. As the good friend he was, he would continue bothering Nana until the day she falls over and dies. What are friends for? 
 
So, he spent his afternoon waiting outside the classroom for her to finish up her exams. He hadn't seen her all day, so he wasn't too sure of how she would do. Usually, it would've been easy to just read the expression on someone's face; especially Nana, since she had very descriptive unique expressions, but since he had not seen her all day he couldn't tell if she was nervous or confident. 
 
With a sigh, he continued to linger through the hallways, searching, until he caught sight of a familiar ponytail. He jogged up the hallway until he was right behind her. It wasn't until now, that he noticed how she was slumped against the wall, dragging her feet as she walked extremely slowly. He raised an eyebrow curiously, guessing that she must've done poorly if she was acting like this. 
 
With a snicker he tugged her ponytail, like he always would, only to have her fall backwards. His eyes widened, shocked by how easily she came down. He tried to shuffle out of the way, but it was too late. She came tumbling down on top of him. 
 
"Aish." Kyuhyun mumbled poking his head out from behind her limp body, "Well, I wasn't expecting that. Now can you at least get off of me." He waited expectantly, but she never got off. With an irritated sigh he grumbled as he pushed her head to the side. He glared at her, only to find that her eyes were shut closed and she wasn't moving in the slightest. 
 
"Holy crap. Nana! Are you okay?"