Free Hugs, Anyone?

To Steal His Heart

So...the hurricane is going to hit in about an hour or so, so I just thought I'd type this up really quick and post it for today since I probably won't be able to post tomorrow or later tonight. Thsi is for all of you who are worrying about me so much! I seriously love you guys. Anyone who wants to can feel free to friend me too >.< I like friend-ing people!

So...I love this chapter. I hoep you guys will like it to. Like i said, I wrote it up really wuick so their may be some spellign and grammar errors...I didn't have enough time to spellcheck it. I hope you'll enjoy!


Kyuhyun practically slumped to school in a tired grumpy daze. To be honest, he didn't want to even be here, because just going to school meant the slightest chance of having to see Nana which he'd rather avoid. After his little realization, he didn't feel comfortable with Nana. Just the thought of her made him nervous and gave him unwanted feelings. 
 
He didn't like the way Nana was now making him feel. He didn't like it at all, and it seemed as though it only got worse as he realized he...had some feelings towards her. He didn't like the way his heart beat out of rhythm, or his cheeks flushed, or his stomach felt as though it were twisted into a loop. He didn't like any of it because it was strange and it wasn't something he was used to. Still...he had no choice. It wasn't as though he could wake up the next morning with the intention of not having any sort of feeling for her. 
 
In the end, he forced himself to go to school...or rather his umma didn't fall for the whole "I have a cold, so I can't go today" kind of thing. He had devised one well thought out plan. If he didn't seek Nana out, she'd leave him alone. He wouldn't have to face her because she didn't want to face him. She didn't like him; therefore, she wouldn't want to see him. If he didn't search for her, then there was a 98% chance that he wouldn't even see her. 
 
It was like when they were little and she would purposely do anything she could to avoid him, which included hiding in bushes and arriving to school late on purpose. It was always something. So, if she avoided him and he avoided her, then there was no way they'd meet! 
 
It was perfect...for him, that is. 
 
"Hello! Guess who!" A voice sang, and suddenly he was blinded by two hands cupped over his eyes. He could feel his cheeks heat up, just wishing that it were... 
 
"Get off, JaeHwa." He muttered in a grumpy tone. He plucked her hands off of his face, and turned to face her with an unamused look on his face. She pouted and he felt like scoffing. Like pouting would get her anywhere. She wasn't even cute when she pouted...not like Nana. 
 
"Aww...you're blushing!" She cooed, poking at his cheeks, like she actually accomplished something. Again, he felt like laughing at her cruelly. He wasn't blushing at her. He pushed her hand away and crossed his arms over his chest. 
 
"Why are you here?" He demanded. He took a quick glance at his phone, revealing that he still had a good...half and hour before school started. Great. Now he had to deal with her for an hour. 
 
"I decided that I'm going to go into school late just so I can see you." She squealed as if he should be happy about this. He rolled his eyes. 
 
"What will it take you to go away?" He grumbled. He definitely wasn't in the mood for her antics. She tapped her chin with a finger as if she were thinking hard about his question. 
 
"A hug." He sighed and reluctantly wrapped his arms around her. He pulled away from the embrace quickly, and glared at her, signaling that it was about time she left. All she could do was stare at him wide eyed because honestly, JaeHwa was not expecting him to actually agree to do it. 
 
"See! I told you he didn't hate you!" His head snapped up at the voice, and his cheeks immediately began to redden. Kyuhyun pushed JaeHwa away, and directed his attention to Nana as she approached them. Somewhere in his heart, he was hoping she didn't see the hug and wouldn't misunderstand. 
 
"Hello, Kyuhyun. Thank you so much for yesterday!" Nana smiled as she skipped towards them and stopped in front of Kyuhyun. He could already feel that nervous feeling inside him as he shifted uncomfortably. 
 
"I'm glad to hear that you're...better today." He spoke. He felt like a total dork. He could've at least acted like everything was normal by spitting out some snide sarcastic comment, but instead, all he could feel was nervous. It was like he lost his ability to think in front of Nana. He could feel his hands getting clammy as he stared into her eyes, although she wasn't really looking back. He hadn't even notice until now, that Jaehwa had already left at the sudden addition of Nana. 
 
"So are you two?" Nana started eyeing him suspiciously with a goofy grin on her face. It didn't take him long to see what she was hinting at, and he quickly shook his head. 
 
"No!" He shouted a little too quickly and loudly. Kyuhyun felt nervous as he took notice of the surprised expression on Nana's face at his little outburst. He quickly attempted to think of a way to cover it all up without making Nana misunderstand.  
 
"I'm giving out free hugs today!" He exclaimed, and proceeded to quickly pull her into a hug, before he even knew what he was even doing. He ignored the fact that his cheeks were burning red by now at his own stupid lame excuse to avoid misunderstanding. The last thing he wanted was her to think that something was going on between him and JaeHwa when it really wasn't. His heart was beating loudly in his chest. Part of him wished she could hear it and the other part...not so much. 
 
He held her close to his body for longer than necessary, until he could feel her squirming in his arms. 
 
"Kyuhyun..." Nana murmured quietly, her tone a bit shaky. "Your hug...too tight." She gasped. Although he didn't want to and wasn't all that willing, he reluctantly let go of her. She gasped for air, holding a hand to her beating heart. He couldn't help but smile at the fact that her own cheeks were flushed a deep red...even if it didn't really mean anything significant. 
 
Strangely, it felt kind of empty without her small body in his arms. He felt disappointed that the embrace had to end. He had figured that his changing feelings for her would feel strange and unnatural, but instead it was the opposite. Although he didn't like how strange he now felt...it did feel natural. It just felt like it should be. 
 
"Evil Kyuhyun giving out free hugs? There must be something wrong with the world today!" Nana exclaimed, staring up at the sky wide-eyed, like it was going to come tumbling down on them any second now. He rolled his eyes and smirked. 
 
"Nothing's wrong with the world. I think something is wrong with your head." He said sarcastically. Kyuhyun grinned at the adorable pout that appeared on the girl's face. 
 
"It's great to see that you didn't get abducted by aliens, and turned into some strange creature that feels the need to hug everyone within sight, but I didn't come here to be insulted." Nana pouted, stomping her foot into the ground as though she were ready to throw a fit at his rude remarks. He shrugged it off, feeling amused just by watching her cute reactions. 
 
"Then what did you come here for?" He questioned. She always came with a reason. That bothered him slightly. Whenever she seeked him out, it was always with a purpose. She never approached him just because she liked his company or something. It was always because she wanted something from him. Liking Kim Nana really was a hopeless case. 
 
"I have a request; I need you to tell me about all your insecurities and problems. Apparently, it will help us become closer...friends."  
 
"And why would I tell you that?" Kyuhyun questioned suspiciously. 
 
"I'll tell you mine." She reasoned. 
 
"Hmm...let me think about it." He went into thinking posture, pretending to debate her request before dropping the act, "How about...no."