Lunch Time!~

To Steal His Heart

So...recently I have gotten a review done on this which you can view in the foreword. It really got me thinking as I received a bit of critique. Perhaps there are things in this story that I need to change. Perhaps it isn't good enough? I know that there's always room for improvement so maybe I should start here? There are some things I can't change because the chapters are already written, but I want to make some changes for the future. Still, I feel as though I shouldn't do that without my readers consent, because you mean everything to me. Your opinions mean the most to me :) So, here are the main points the review touched up on:

Should I change the title to make it more eye catching?

Is the story too descriptive? Is my writing too in detail? :( I swear, this part scares me to death because I honestly don't know how to not write in detail. I'm a very descriptive person so...Oh gosh, I'll be lost as to how to write...but I can try? 0_0

Is the romance too mature? Is it not smooth enough?

Is there no character development?

Lastly...what do you think about my grammar?

Now, I don't want to take this critique too harshly. I welcome critique, but I want some insight into my readers opinions too :) Well, that's all. Thank you for taking your time to help. Oh, and thanks for reading as always :)


"Let's all have lunch on the rooftop!" MiSun grinned. Nana turned to face the girl with a smile. "I'll go get everyone else." She quickly nodded her head at this, enthusiastically, and grinned, to which MiSun returned the gesture with one of her own.  
 
"Wait for me, okay? I have to put a few things in my lo-" 
 
"Nah, I don't feel like it." Nana turned to look at the girl with wide eyes, only to find MiSun's teasing grin. She pouted at MiSun who only laughed loudly, before turning to leave. 
 
"MiSun!" She wailed, "Wait for me!" But the other had already darted down the hallways. She sniffled dramatically, faking sadness, before and heading down the opposite hallway with a pout. She stopped at her locker, and proceeded to shove a few books inside once she had unlocked it. Suddenly, the sound of a bang against the locker next to her rang through her ears. Her eyes widened in surprise, and she nearly jumped at the sound. hung open, as she her left to find someone she hadn't seen in a while. 
 
"Hey." The boy nervously smiled his dazzling smile, saluting to her with two fingers. Blinking her eyes, she sheepishly nodded her head. Her gaze trailed to the floor, and a sudden wave of tension came of her. What followed, was a n uncomfortable silence as she attempted to recollect her thoughts. 
 
"Umm...Hi, Siwon oppa. Long time no see." Nana squeaked. When she looked up, she found that he was also staring down at his feet. Both of them were feeling the uncomfortable atmosphere. 
 
"It has been long, hasn't it?" He chuckled. His voice wavered and his laugh sounded nothing but awkward. Nana fidgeted with her fingers, before she decided to allow herself to look up into his eyes. She sighed, relieved, to find no notable emotion rise within her when she gazed into his deep orbs. She wasn't in long with him anymore. Not at all. This made her smile. At least she wouldn't have to fear a change in emotion again. She was way past that. "We haven't really talked since...then. Speaking of which, how has it been with Cho Kyuhyun." 
 
She bowed her head, noting of how both boys seemed to call each other by their full names. Weird. There was a slight venom in his voice; a bitterness as though he disliked speaking of Kyuhyun. 
 
"Umm..." Nana fidgeted with her fingers. She grinned to herself an her cheeks flushed a tinted pink as she thought back to her current relationship with Kyuhyun. "Well, we are..." He bit his lip, nodded his head towards her, and forced a smile as he cut her off. He didn't seem to want to hear anymore. 
 
"I get it. I'm glad that it all worked out for you." 
 
"Thank you, Siwon oppa." Nana beamed happily up at him.  
 
"In any case..." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck, diverting his attention away from the small girl. Nervously his lips and clasping his hands together, Siwon glanced towards the ground. "I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any awkwardness between us. I-I don't think I'd want to just end it here, so I was wondering if we could...stay friends?" 
 
"Of course!" Nana grinned, clapping her hands. "Of course we can. I was just going up to the rooftop to eat lunch with MiSun, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun. Would you like to join us?" Siwon sighed in relief before sending her the most genuine smile he could manage. Nana grabbed her bag, setting the last of her books inside her locker. She closed the locker, swung her bag over her shoulder, and motioned for Siwon to follow her. 
 



The air was filled with loud animate talking and noise, but it seemed that once the two had made their way up to the scene, all of the noise had stopped. It was then replaced with an air of silence and tension, namely from a glaring Kyuhyun. Nana grinned nervously, hoping to reassure Kyuhyun, who surprisingly softened up a little, drawing back. That didn't help any of his bitter feelings though as he stole small angry glances at a certain Choi Siwon. Siwon awkwardly looked away, choosing to ignore this. 
 
"Nana...sit." Kyuhyun patted the space next to him as he practically barked the order. Nana, on the other hand, could feel her cheeks redden at Kyuhyun's reaction and resentment. She pouted, but quietly did as she was told. She glanced over at Kyuhyun quickly before sighing and motioning Siwon over. 
 
"You can sit next to me." She smiled warmly. Siwon smiled back, and took a seat next to the girl, much to Kyuhyun's chagrin. 
 
"Why did you do that?" He hissed in her ear. Placing a possessive arm around her shoulder, he protectively pulled her closer to him. "Why is he even here?" She pouted at Kyuhyun, attempting to shoot him a small glare, although she failed at getting angry with him. Still, she couldn't say she was pleased with his possessive nature. 
 
"We're friends." Nana answered simply, "And you should be too. There's no need to be jealous." 
 
He raised an eyebrows. Her cheeks burned a deep red as she bowed her head, nibbling on her now unwrapped sandwich. 
 
"I only love you anyway." She whispered in an almost inaudible voice that only he seemed to catch. Kyuhyun proudly beamed at this, crossing his arms across his chest victoriously. Pulling her even closer to him, he leaned in to quickly peck her cheek, and then watched in amusement when her face glowed a cherry red.  
 
"And I feel the same." 
 
"Eww...gross..." MiSun cringed from across the couple. She stuck out her tongue, giggling as Nana turned even redder. She seriously looked as though she'd faint from too much blood to the head any second now. MiSun and Sungmin then laughed to each other to which Siwon soon found himself joining in. It was strange how he suddenly found himself so comfortable in this crowd. 
 
Sure, he was still probably madly in love with Nana. He couldn't deny that it stung every time he watched Kyuhyun and her interact, but...she looked so happy; they all did. This was for the best. He didn't want to get in her way if this was for her happiness. She smiled warmly at each one of the glowing faces, before his own expression turned stern. There was still that biting thought in his head. He'd been thinking about that incident all day, and he couldn't rid his mind of it, as much as he'd like to. 
 
Park JaeHwa, was it? He couldn't remember who she exactly was, but he could tell that she was serious. She meant business, and he was all too sure what that business was yet, but it had to be stopped. 
 



It was a Monday morning like no other. One which he woke up early, got ready for school, and fixed up whatever he could do before he left. Since he'd woken up significantly earlier than any other day, he had decided to be on his way early. Siwon stepped outside into the stinging cold morning air. The fall morning was dark with starved scarce sunlight shining out onto the pavement. Through the thick mist, he could see nothing as he trudged to school. That was, until he collided head first with someone. 
 
"Ow!" He could hear a girl squeak from before him. Siwon quickly straightened himself up and jumped to his feet, before holding out a hand to help the girl up. He could catch a quick glimpse of her face, as she scowled at him. She had pale creamy skin, narrow dark orbs, and long curly dark locks. He couldn't help the biting feeling that he had seen her somewhere before, and it wasn't until seconds later that he'd realized. She was Cho Kyuhyun's friend. He'd seen her with him numerous times. 
 
With narrowed eyes, she got to her feet, grumbling, without accepting his help. The girl sighed, dusted off her skirt, before crossing her arms across her chest and shooting him a calculating glance. She tapped her foot impatiently as if expecting something from him. 
 
"Sorry." He murmured in realization. The girl sighed, satisfied with the apology. 
 
"Me too." He'd been surprised that she could even mutter a reply through her rude appearance. She didn't exactly seem like a humble person. With a sigh, the girl suddenly out a hand in front of him. "My name is Park JaeHwa. I'm guessing you're Choi Siwon?" He bit back his slight surprise and confusion, and nodded. 
 
"Yes. How do you know my name?" Siwon asked. To this, JaeHwa smirked mischievously. 
 
"I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now." 
 
"About?" He questioned almost immediately. He could tell by her tone that she meant business, and he wasn't sure if he was going to like where this was going. He wasn't one for playing tricks or hurting another, and the devious glint in her eyes suggested just that. 
 
"Kim Nana and Kyuhyun oppa. You like that girl, right? Love her even." The smirk across her face grew wider as she caught sight of his bewildered expression when he nodded his head slightly. 
 
"I suppose. From the way you speak...you feel that way about Cho Kyuhyun?" JaeHwa nodded her head, grinning. Siwon didn't like where this was going. That grin...it meant bad news. She was planning something and he knew that he wouldn't like it. 
 
"Look, I'm not going to waste time here. I just want to cut to the chase. Kyuhyun oppa is mine. I liked him first, and I'll always love him more than anyone else. That Nana girl or whoever she is, doesn't deserve Kyu oppa, but you, on the other hand. You deserve her, don't you? So what do you say we pair up and make things right?" She glanced up at him expectantly with her hands on her hips. A victorious grin appeared on her face, but soon fell at his response. 
 
"No." Siwon sternly answered through clenched teeth. "They're happy. Why would you want to wreck that?" There was a pause as she looked at him in shock, hanging low. He guessed that she had expected him to easily agree. Like he would stoop that low to get what he wants. 
 
"I gave up my feelings so that she could be happy. It'd be ridiculous to ruin that now." He sighed. "Whatever plan you have, count me out. I'm not going to let you ruin their relationship over your selfish desires." He turned his back on her, and began walking away. Siwon then stopped in action as he glanced over his shoulder once to see her shocked expression, slightly twisted with anger. Satisfied, a small smile spread across his face. 
 
"And don't expect me to keep this little encounter to myself either. It was nice meeting you, JaeHwa."