The (Fake) Girlfriend Escapade - Part 1

To Steal His Heart

Nana pouted as she picked at her food with a fork, trying hard not to look up from the plate, in fear of facing Park JaeHwa. It only took 10 minutes full of scary glares and growling noises, to realize that Park JaeHwa was a very dangerous person and that she was in a very dangerous situation. Pretending to be Kyuhyun's girlfriend wasn't as easy as he made it out to be, and he knew this would happen. She felt an anger bubble up inside her at the fact that he knew this would happen. He already knew JaeHwa, and she didn't. How was she supposed to know that JaeHwa would want to claw her eyes out just for playing pretend? 
 
She puffed out her cheeks, knowing that the boy next to her was probably inwardly laughing hysterically right at this moment. He was definitely evil. 
 
"Oppa!" JaeHwa cooed, clinging to Kyuhyun's arm. He shot Nana a "help me" kind of look, and she smiled. He deserved at least this much, and she was going to enjoy every second of it. She grinned and hummed to herself as she stared back towards her food, like she never even saw him. 
 
"KyungMi never told me that you two were..." Kyuhyun's umma raised an eyebrow as she struggled to find the right words to say, as not to disturb JaeHwa and her parents who were disappointed with the fact that Kyuhyun already has a 'girlfriend'. "together." Nana opened to speak, only to be cut off by Kyuhyun. 
 
"Nana's umma doesn't know yet because we weren't ready to tell her." Kyuhyun answered. He eyed Nana who only glared up at him. "Right, Nana?" She reluctantly nodded her head, glaring at him.  
 
'Don't answer any questions. If you say anything stupid, you're dead.' He mouthed to her, as soon as he made sure no one was watching. Her cheeks flushed red as her anger grew. First he cuts her off and now he's calling her stupid? Aish. He's so incredibly rude. He could die and rot in a hole for all she cared. She fought the strong urge to kick him in the leg and leave. Why was she even doing this anymore? Listening to all these insults...the cake definitely wasn't worth it anymore. 
 
"So how long were you together?" JaeHwa's appa asked suspiciously. What was this an interrogation? Wasn't this whole thing supposed to be about Kyuhyun and JaeHwa. Why did she have to be questioned too? Suddenly, an idea hit Nana...a little thing called revenge. A wide smile spread across her face as she opened to answer and beat Kyuhyun to it. 
 
"Not very long." She replied, "We don't even really like each other. You see, Kyuhyun thought it would be the greatest idea in the world to get a fake gi-" Kyuhyun placed a hand over , muffling the sound of her voice. She struggled and squirmed in his grasp, but he wouldn't let her escape. 
 
"It was a joke!" He insisted, "I think Nana needs some air." Before anyone could open there mouths to say another word, he dragged the girl out, still covering with his hand. Once they were outside, he sighed in relief. Kim Nana was officially going to be dead in the next two seconds. How could she do something like that? Was she that retarded? 
 
Nana glared up at Kyuhyun, and bit hard on his hand until he finally released her. 
 
"What the hell?" He cried, rubbing his throbbing hand. Nana huffed, and turned her head away defiantly. He knew it. As long as it was Nana, nothing was going to go right. He instantly regretted asking her this one favor. 
 
"I could've handled that whole thing." She stated in a matter of fact kind of way. He rolled his eyes. 
 
"I'm guessing that by "handling" you mean telling them the truth about all this and ruining this whole thing for me." 
 
"You guessed correctly, Mister Cho! Congratulations! You have now earned yourself a trip to hell with your lovable future wife, Park JaeHwa!" She laughed at her own little joke, only to find that Cho Kyuhyun wasn't as amused. In fact, he was pissed. 
 
"You better not tell." He warned threateningly. Nana rolled her eyes and laughed. 
 
"Sure. Of course I won't say a word." She replied sarcastically, folding her arms across her chest. He could feel his face reddening in frustration. Why was Nana so hard to deal with? She was like a PMSing teenager. Oh wait. She was a PMSing teenager. 
 
"What is your problem?" Kyuhyun fumed, practically screaming at Nana now. She glanced at him awkwardly, a bit intimidated, and took a few steps back, until her back hit the wall behind them. Too close. Much too close. Her cheeks grew red, but he didn't seem to notice. He didn't even seem to notice how close he was getting towards her, which was causing her to blush. 
 
"Um...Kyuhyun-ah. Too close." She murmured under her breath, but he didn't seem to notice over his ranting. 
 
"I asked you to just be nice for one day, and I get this? You ignored me while JaeHwa was practically drooling over me and I was asking for help, and then you almost blew the whole plan! Are you retarded? Seriously. What goes through your mind when you do things like this? Nothing?" She bit her lip, to hold herself back from kicking him in the place no one wants to be kicked in. He was making fun of her again! He was making fun of her because Cho Kyuhyun could not go even one day without teasing her. 
 
He was a jerk. He was an idiot. He was rude, inconsiderate, mean, nasty, mischievous, irritating, annoying, down-right idiotic...Heck, she could go on all day with the most horrible, but true, ways to describe him. It was called karma. He deserved at least this much from her, and didn't have the right to yell back at her for it. 
 
"You asked me to be nice for one day? Well, you've never been nice to me, so why should I? I can't remember one time that I've been mean to you without a reason!" She screamed back, "So what? Maybe I am retarded. Maybe I am stupid. After all, I fell for your stupid tricks again. I have a right to go in there right now and tell them all about this. After all, no one told me before that this whole "pretending to be your girlfriend" thing was just so that you could direct attention away from yourself and have her glaring and plotting ways to kill me the whole time. You knew this was going to happen. Congratulations, Kyuhyun. You've fooled me once again, like you always do." 
 
He took a step away from her after hearing her words, and fell back to the ground, hanging his head as he felt guilty. She was exactly right. He did know this was going to happen, and she did have a right to be angry. He let his head fall into his hands, and peeked up to catch a glimpse of the upset Nana. Didn't he push her over the edge yet? Wasn't she going to cry or something? Kim Nana never cried, and it wasn't likely he'd see it now, even if the sick sadist in him was determined to. 
 
"I'm sorry. I knew JaeHwa wouldn't like it, but I didn't think it was going to be like this. If she does anything, I'll protect you, but please just go through with this for me." She looked as though she were debating this, and finally knelt down beside him. 
 
"Well...as long as you're sorry." She nodded. She really was just too simplistic. He couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not, but he liked it. He suddenly realized something. He was glad he asked Nana to do this with him. If it was going to be anyone, it was going to be Nana. After all, at least she was fun. He'd rather have a fun bubbly idiot than a JaeHwa type of girl any day.  "But...you owe me two slices of cake then!" 
 
"You're going to get fat." He rolled his eyes. She pouted at him, trotting up next to him as he turned to leave and walk back inside to where everyone was waiting. 
 
"That's so rude!" She huffed. "I never gain weight! I work it all off." 
 
"By annoying people like this?" Kyuhyun joked. She pouted and playfully slapped his arm. 
 
"Well, don't you two look like your having fun?" An annoying voice seethed. JaeHwa stood before the two of them, clicking her tongue as she glared at Nana. Nana shrunk back, feeling kind of intimidated by the girl. This was exactly why she didn't tango with the queenkas of the school. Some girls were just too vicious. If JaeHwa had the chance, she was sure she'd pounce on her and rip out all her insides. 
 
"Um...we were just getting back to the table. The bathroom's that way if you need it." Nana spoke, pointing towards the bathroom. JaeHwa screeched at this. Kyuhyun cringed at her voice, readying himself for whatever the girl was prepared to do. Instead of slapping her, like Nana thought she would, the girl calmly walked up to her. She took the glass of water in her hands, and turned it upside down over Nana's head, letting all the water soak her. 
 
Nana's eyes widened, as if she weren't able to process what just happened. She stood there in silence, soaking wet, for a few seconds before her cheeks turned bright pink as they normally do when she's embarrassed or nervous. She took off sprinting at full speed. JaeHwa wore a pleased smirk on her face as she happily watched the girl dart off in the other direction. 
 
Kyuhyun silently groaned at the fact that Nana was so fast. He'd never be able to catch up. He'd just calmed her down, and now JaeHwa had to wreck it. How dare this stupid little brat do that to her? Aish. If JaeHwa wasn't a girl and wasn't his parent's friend's daughter, he would've punched her. Instead, he turned to her trying best to suppress his irritation. 
 
"Park JaeHwa, you are a stupid b**ch." He then immediately ran off, hoping that he'd be able to find her if she didn't already run too far.