It's Finally Over

To Steal His Heart

Here is my much needed update. I just noticed that I hadn't updated in like...10 days and I suddenly felt disappointed in myself for holding this off for so long. I feel good, having postponed it now, though. For some reason, I feel as though this one came out really well written this time :) I hope you all like it to. For a while, I'll be busy, so I don't know when I'll update next. In any case, when I find time, I will. I still have a lot planned for this story.

And just for you, Ami_SuJuElf, I added a portion in for Sungmin and Misun here :) I hope you all enjoy!~

Oh, and another thing I wanted to say, is thank you. I finally have 100 subscribers. Oh gosh, I feel like spazzing. I knwo my writing kind of , and I'm honestly speechless. I don't know how I got this many, but I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You guys have gotten me so far. You've fueled me with confidence, you've given me proper critique, you've supported me through good and bad. I swear, you are all the most amazing readers ever!

I owe this all to you. I'd be no where without any of you, so I really want you all to express my gratitude.

- Mizuki


Park JaeHwa stared at her cell phone in her hands with eyes emptied of emotions. She sat motionless. She'd attempted to make words, to vent out her frustrations, but found that she could not produce any sound. Gazing into space, she could see nothing but blurs. Tears stung at her eyes, slowly trickling down her cheeks. She bit down on her lip, biting back a sob. What was she even crying about? That, she didn't know. She didn't she couldn't render it through her head until a few minutes later, and once she had, she saw how incredibly stupid the whole situation was. 
 
She didn't even know why she was crying. As the phone she held slipped from her grasp, she realized that she should have expected this. It was obvious. It wasn't as if she hadn't known about Kyuhyun's feelings. He had outwardly stated that day that he was, in fact, in love with Kim Nana, and she had believed him. Why wouldn't she? From the jealous glint in his eyes and his unamused expression, it had become obvious that he was serious. Nana obviously felt the same. Although the girl was slow, dumb, dense, and ignorant to other's feelings and thoughts, she somehow managed to catch Kyuhyun's heart. She didn't even realize herself that she was in love until much later, which killed JaeHwa to witness. 
 
To be honest, Park JaeHwa was doomed from the day that she blew up and accidentally at Nana, revealing Kyuhyun's secret feelings. From then, it was evident that it wasn't a question of whether they would end up together or not, it was a question of when it would come to be. Apparently, that time was now. 
 
She'd liked to have smiled upon the fact that Kyuhyun had the decency to call her up and formally reject her feelings that they had been both aware of for so long, but all she could feel now, was bitter. It was not satisfying at all, and she couldn't stand the fact that even through her recent despair, if he called back only to clarify once again, she'd still cling on to every word. She'd still remain breathless after just hearing his enchanting voice. 
 
"Hey, JaeHwa. I'm sorry. I really am. I think I've already told you about my feelings towards Nana before, and..." 
 
"You put them into action" 
 
"Yeah. In any case, I just wanted to say...um...thank you for feeling that way towards me. I'm sorry if I wasted your time." 

 
Why did he have to say something like that? No. Why did he have to put it that way? He wasn't sorry. Not at all. In fact, she was the one who was a nuisance to him. From the beginning, all he thought of her was as someone annoying. She was just in his way, and in the end, he got what he wanted with or without her influence. It was all a waste, yet she enjoyed every moment of it, while he just wanted her gone. Wasn't that the way it was? 
 
The beeping ringtone of JaeHwa's phone blared through the tense atmosphere, snapping her back into reality. She glared at the object, gritting her teeth. Half of her was afraid of another phone call like the last, while the other half only wanted the stupid device to shut up. She sided with the latter. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" JaeHwa said in a tired tone. 
 
"Umm...Hello JaeHwa." A small squeaky yet somehow cheery voice called out on the other end. She tensed up, clenching her fists. Of course, and now this girl would just rub it in her face, wouldn't she? Kim Nana was a brat, and life wasn't fair to throw this at her too. 
 
"I-I know I'm probably not someone you'd want to hear from..." 
 
'Damn right, you're not.' 
 
"...but I just felt that I needed to say something..." 
 
'And here it comes.' 
 
"I'm sorry." 
 
"What?" JaeHwa choked. 
 
"I'm sorry. I know that you liked Kyuhyun from the beginning, and I guess it should've been you. You've always loved him so strongly, and you wanted only the best for him. But...I also wanted to say 'thank you'. That day when you tried to tell me how he really felt. Although I didn't believe you, I was surprised that you'd do something like that. I know that you're a good person, and I'm in the wrong, but I'd like to send you my regards and hope that you'll support us in the future." A small nervous laugh sounded in her ears, and JaeHwa cringed. The girl's voice was like a harmony. It danced around in her mind, frolicking innocently. How was it that something could sound so pure? JaeHwa wanted to say something, but she couldn't. Compared to the girl's pure words, hers would only sound tainted with fury and envy. 
 
Sure, Nana had apologized and even expressed gratitude, but did JaeHwa feel any better? No. Now she only felt as though she were inferior to the carefree girl. She didn't like the idea of Kyuhyun being with Nana, but she knew that she couldn't beat her...so then neither of them could have him. 
 



"Ah...it's over." MiSun slumped up against the park bench, pulling her beret over her reddened ears. The chilly autumn breeze had gotten significantly colder over the past few days, yet the tress in the park still managed to stay full of their colorful leaves. The branches of the trees rustled around her, creating a beautiful melody of nature. She stretched out her limbs, before sighing heavily and gazing around the calming park atmosphere. 
 
"What's over?" She felt a breath on her ear, as someone loomed over her from behind. MiSun quickly glanced over her shoulder only to find a certain Lee Sungmin, smiling down at her. She pressed a hand to her chest, letting her heartbeat slow down after the sudden fright. 
 
"Sheesh. You scared me. No need to act like a creeper." He laughed quietly to himself, and took a seat next to her on the park bench. 
 
"So this 'something'...I think I have a pretty good idea of what you're talking about." He grinned, stealing a small glance at the ambitious girl. "Nana-ssi and Kyuhyun hyung?" MiSun smiled back, beaming at him as she nodded her head. Just hearing that being repeated gave her a sense of pride. She had done it. She had finally got those two stubborn dense people together. Wasn't that enough to smile about. 
 
"Gosh, those two were slow!" MiSun exclaimed, stretching out her limbs as she gazed at the scenery in front of her. Sungmin chuckled and nodded. "But...I guess it was all worth it. Now I can take a nice long nap without worrying about either one of those idiots messing something up." She gently closed her eyes and smiled. Her head slowly slumped onto Sungmin's shoulder, at which he welcomed warmly. He caught her lips twitch up into a wider smile, as they sat there for a few seconds. 
 
"Hey, MiSun. You aren't asleep yet, are you?" Sungmin suddenly spoke, amongst the long pause of silence. There was no answer, so he waved his hand in front of her face, until her eyes fluttered open. 
 
"Well, aren't you the perceptive one?" She smirked, picking her head up off his shoulder. 
 
"Just go to sleep if you're so tired. Don't worry about me." 
 
"Who said I was worrying? I was just waiting. I wanted to see if you had anything left to say." She shot back, "Besides. Even if I were tired, I wouldn't sleep outside in the cold. I was just...resting my eyes." They both grinned at each other knowingly. 
 
"I see." Sungmin nodded. "So...what are you going to do now that this is all over. You devoted most of your time to helping them, didn't you?" She shrugged her shoulders at this, nodding in agreement at the statement. 
 
"Hmm...that's true. But I don't think I'm going to be bored. I'll just tease Nana like crazy about her relationship." She replied carelessly. Sungmin grinned and chuckled. 
 
"That sounds like something you'd do." 
 
"Of course." She nodded proudly, holding her head up high. They sat there for a few minutes, inhaling the cold sharp air, without so much as a word. That was, until Sungmin decided to break the silence. 
 
"How is it that you're so selfless?" He thought aloud, "You don't seem like the type of person who would be this way, but you are. You've done so much for them already. Why did you do that? Nana-ssi really is lucky to have a friend as great as you." He could hear her scoff beside him, and turned his head in surprise. Glancing at her with wide eyes, he awaited an explanation for the sarcastic action. MiSun crossed her arms across her chest, narrowing her eyes at him. It was now that he could tell that she honestly just didn't like the compliment all together. She didn't want to take credit. 
 
"How am I selfless. Sure, I helped a little, but it was only because I was bored and wanted to meddle some. They did most of it themselves, not me. I'm totally selfish. I mean, I focus on myself more than anyone else." 
 
"Then why is it that although you're aware of my feelings, you never do anything about it?" Sungmin grinned, knowingly. "If you really were concentrating more on yourself and your own relationships you would've rejected me by now, am I right?" 
 
"Or I would've accepted your feelings." MiSun pointed out. Sungmin shrugged his shoulders. He doubted that she would've done something like that, although he also knew that she wouldn't give him a blunt harsh yet quick rejection. Knowing MiSun, it would've been sugar coated. Although she acted a certain way, she really was kind of selfless as he had said. Her care for Nana and Kyuhyun was extraordinary. So much to the extent that she devoted herself to getting them together. That was something no other friend would have done. In her own way, she was stunning. From her over-riding confidence to her genuine care for those around her. 
 
"I think it's about time you start thinking more about yourself instead; thinking about what you want." He turned to glance at her expression, only to find an amused smirk settled on it. 
 
"Hmm..." She hummed to herself, playfully. Although, by the way she was looking at him, he knew it was directed towards him. There was a devious glint in her eyes as their eyes locked. "Maybe I should."