Kiss Me

To Steal His Heart

Nana pouted and glared up at Kyuhyun's back, following closely behind him. She yelped as she noticed that his pace quickened, and she scurried to meet it. She bit into the inside of her cheek, something she usually did when she was upset. 
 
"Tell me." She demanded for about the hundredth time that day. Although she couldn't see his face, since she was following behind him, she could tell he was either smirking or rolling his eyes in annoyance. Either way, she didn't care. She wouldn't quit following him and annoying him until he gave in. 
 
"No." He repeated once again in a stern tone. She pouted at his response and continued to manage the hardest glare she could, although she just looked as though she were a little kid throwing a fit. He didn't even spare her a glance. He probably thought this was funny. 
 
The thing that bothered her the most, was that he was in no way willing to tell her his problems. Why? Wasn't she trustworthy enough? Weren't they supposedly friends? Did he think she was too stupid to understand? It wasn't fair that he wouldn't tell her. She could keep a secret. She could be trusted. It wasn't fair. He was once again, looking down on her. The thing she liked least next to being looked down on, was not being trusted...it made her feel...like she wasn't good enough to be trusted. 
 
"If you don't tell me anything, then I'm going to stalk you all the way home!" She declared. Although it was meant to be threatening, he felt threatened in no way. So? She knew where he lived...do did he. They've known each other since they were five. Was that threat supposed to affect him in any way? 
 
"I don't care." He called behind his shoulder, making sure that she could hear. He secretly smiled to himself, imaging the pout plastered onto her face. Even after all this, he still loved getting under her skin. As long as it didn't harm her in any way, a little bit of harmless teasing wouldn't hurt anyone. 
 
She pouted and continued to glare at his back as if it would actually affect him at all. 
 
"What will it take to get you to agree to tell me your feelings?" She murmured under her breath, more to herself than to him. To be honest, she didn't want him to hear because if he did...his request would be something insane and totally out of line. Unfortunately for her, he did hear. He smirked to himself, debating what to request of her. 
 
With a devious smirk on his face, he turned around to face her. She seemed to recognize the mischievous glint in his eyes, as she backed up, only to trip over her own feet. She would've fallen over if it weren't for Kyuhyun who slipped an arm around her waist to catch her. Her eyes went wide at the very small distance between both their faces. Nana's cheeks flushed red, and Kyuhyun smirked, obviously both amused and slightly gleeful at the position they were in. 
 
"Kiss me." He ordered both jokingly and seriously at the same time. He grinned at the way her face turned so unbearably red that it didn't even look humanly possible anymore. Her eyes grew wide like a deer about to be run over by a car, and she trembled in his arms. It felt like a huge burden was lifted off his chest. He no longer felt nervous like he did before. Instead. he felt a newfound confidence. 
 
"W-what?" She stuttered, her tone shaky and small as she spoke. She flinched, and shoved him away. "Stop playing around!" 
 
"I'm not." He protested, "If you kiss me I'll tell you whatever you want to know." Her gaze dropped to the ground, and she pouted. She kicked the ground in annoyance, before storming off in the other direction leaving a smirking, slightly disappointed Kyuhyun. 
 



Her heart hadn't stopped beating, even when she reached her house, and slumped back into bed, never wanting to crawl out again. Her cheeks hadn't regained their natural pale color like she thought they would, and her body hadn't stopped shaking in that thrilling way it does when you're excited or anxious. She put a hand to her cheeks, willing them to feel cool again instead of extremely warm as they were now. 
 
Her mind wandered back to his warm hands around her waist, his (although she hated to admit it) breathtaking face just inches away from her own, and his...words. She could still feel his arm around her as if he were still there. She felt...warm and safe and secure, although she knew she shouldn't. It was ridiculous. It was absolutely impossible. It'd never happen...but it did. 
 
Was he insane? Surely, he wasn't thinking correctly. Either he was out of his mind or...he was playing with her feelings. As hurtful as it was, the latter seemed the most plausible. 
 
He was playing with her as he'd always done. She once again swore she'd get back at him. Although MiSun's plan seemed flawless after the whole make-over thing, MiSun had been wrong. He was still always going to be one step ahead of her...maybe even more than one step.  
 
He was enjoying this wasn't he? That very thought made her blood boil. He was enjoying messing with her feelings, and making her feel this...disturbed and nervous. He liked teasing her and making her heart race when it wasn't supposed to. The worst part of it all, was that this was all a game to him...not that it wasn't to her. 
 
To her, this was supposed to be pay back. The point was to steal his heart and break it, but instead he was already playing with her's. He was playing with her heart that didn't even belong to him. It just wasn't fair because she knew she'd never be able to win. 
 
Why wouldn't her heart just obey her? She never gave it permission to beat that quickly when he asked her to kiss him. If she had it her way, she wouldn't have been bothered in the slightest by that comment. That's the way it was supposed to be. The only person who should make her feel anything like that is Choi Siwon. She liked Siwon. You only feel feelings like that for people you love, right? Kyuhyun was definitely no where close to that...it was just...her heart playing tricks on her. 
 
Exactly. 
 
That's why she needed to confess to Siwon before her heart tricked her again...before it forced her to do something she'd regret. 
 
People say that listening to your heart is the best way to go, but what if you're heart is confusing and indecisive? What if your heart is confused? What if your heart knows can't decide what to do, but your mind can? Would you rather take a risk, or follow the safe route? 
 
Nana liked taking chances, but some chances were just too great to take. It was a win-lose situation. She'd rather win than lose.