I Know

To Steal His Heart

Ah...it feels like it's been forever since I last updated. Well, a week to me is like forever. I've had so much studying and work to do for the past few days, that I just haven't found time to write lately. That makes me feel extremely guilty towards everyone waiting for an updated, and kind of disappointed. Since writing is kind of my stress outlet, it's annoying being away from it for too long >.< Ah...I really love writing this, so I hate it when I can't find the time to. I'm pretty sure you all hate it too >.<

As for the poll I set up a few chapters back. It seems that the result so far is Donghae. I think I'm pretty set on him being the main character in that case. I've already started on the foreward, although I have yet to finish posting the completed version. So far, only posted my organized ideas and work so far on it, as a private story. Once the foreward is done, I will step away frm that for a bit, until I'm done with this ^.^

Anyway, back to the story. So...it really took me a long time to find time to write this, so I hope you like it. Sorry for not being able to update lately >.< In any case, I hope you enjoy!


It was finally Saturday. Nana had gone a whole week trying to convince herself to tell Siwon that they were over. It wasn't fair for her to leave him hanging like this. She needed to tell him, but every time she tried her own guilt got to her, and tore her apart inside. She just couldn't do it. She had tried to tell him countless times this week, but she just couldn't. 
 
 She decided that today was the day. She couldn't stall this any longer. She decided that she would just go to his house and tell him. The sooner, the better. All this unnecessary drama was making her head spin. 
 
Nana skipped down the stairs after she finished getting ready, and took a peek through her umma's bedroom door. She shyly, nodded her head as she realized that her umma noticed her and motioned her over. Nana shyly made her way to her umma's bedside, and handed her a bottle of pain reliever. Her umma had been sick with a fever for the past week. She'd been working non-stop to compensate for not being able to go on the business trip she was supposed to go on, for...certain reasons that Nana would rather not explain because they made her feel guilty. After all, it was her fault her umma couldn't go on the business trip. 
 
Her umma smiled gently, taking the bottle from her, and nodding. 
 
"Are you going to meet your boyfriend?" Nana nodded her head shyly. "Take an umbrella then. It's supposed to rain." 
 
"Okay, umma. You don't have to worry about me. You should really worry about yourself." Her umma smiled, and ruffled her hair with her free, though rather weak, hand. 
 
"I'll always worry about my beautiful little daughter. You're such a troublesome daughter. How can I not?" Nana ducked her head meekly, and smiled at this. 
 
"Thank you." 
 



The doorbell rang, and Siwon immediately stood up to get it. What he hadn't expected, was opening the front door to find a stiff Kim Nana, with adorable red cheeks. Her eyes widened as she saw him, and she looked as though she were about to fall over and faint. She trembled nervously, her feet shuffling. Siwon blinked back his slight surprise, and motioned for her to come in. She reluctantly did so. 
 
"What brings you here? Not that I mind." Siwon asked, leading a hesitant Nana to the couch. She slowly took a seat, looking both awkward and nervous in the spacious room. He chuckled and went to get her a glass of water. He came back, and set the glass in front of her. 
 
"Thank you, Siwon oppa." She spoke quietly. He stirred, knowing that this wasn't like her at all. His heart stopped as he realized that now was finally the time. She was going to break it off with him.  
 
"I-I um..." She started nervously. Her eyebrows furrowed as she found that she just couldn't say anything more than 'I'. He'd already seen this. She'd been trying all week long to tell him that she couldn't be with him anymore. It always ended like this, and he just couldn't stand it anymore. Who was he to get in her way? If he didn't let her go...then she wouldn't even have a chance to get Kyuhyun back. He had no right to stop her. If he really loved her, he'd support her, and he did. Choi Siwon was in love with Kim Nana. He'd been in love with her ever since he first saw her. 
 
"You don't have to say anything." He stated, pressing a finger to her lips. She glanced up at him with adorable wide eyes that made him want to hold her. She opened to speak, but he gently shushed her. "I know." He spoke with a gentle, yet sad smile. 
 
"O-oppa?" She questioned in a cute small voice. He suddenly pulled her into a hug. His arms squeezed her body against his, enjoying her warmth just one last time. This would be the last time he'd be able to get this close to her...he wanted to enjoy this moment to the fullest. He inhaled her sweet scent. She smelt like cherries. 
 
"You like Cho Kyuhyun, don't you?" He spoke, pressing her closer to him. He buried his face into the crook of her neck, wanting this moment never to end, although it was inevitable. She slowly nodded, her cheeks flaming red. Her heart beat wildly in her chest, and he could feel it. 
 
"I-I...uh..." 
 
"You don't have to say it. I already know." Siwon gave her a reassuring smile. She nodded her head slowly. It'd be better for him if she didn't say it. He was already just too close to breaking point. He wouldn't be able to maintain his cool if she did say that she loved Kyuhyun. Although he knew this, he didn't want to hear it from her. 
 
"Thank you, Siwon oppa." She quickly muttered. He nodded his head. 
 
"It's fine. If you really like him, then be with him." He suddenly felt her stiffen up in his arms. He slowly broke away, and glanced down at her hurt expression. 
 
"That's the thing, oppa. I can't be with Kyuhyun...-ssi because...he hates me. He told me he hates me." At Nana's shaky tone, his expressions grew serious. He knew for a fact that Kyuhyun didn't feel that way. It was practically written across his face, so why did he have to feed Nana this crap? Why did he have to continue hurting her? It was things like this that made Siwon want to never give Nana up. It was just unfair how she just had to like Kyuhyun when he was so childish. But...he supposed that one didn't choose who they liked. It wasn't Nana's fault that she fell for a fool. 
 
"That was a lie." Siwon spoke sternly. "Don't believe a word he says, Nana. Don't..." She suddenly broke away from his grasp. He felt disappointment as the air around him suddenly felt empty. He glanced down at the empty space where Nana was supposed to be. Where, in his heart, she belonged.  
 
He looked up to see that she was now standing. Her feet shuffled towards the door, and she slipped her shoes on. She offered him a sad small smile, before heading off. A sad smile, and sad words to go along with them... 
 
"I'm sorry, oppa, but I can't believe that. Everyone says the same thing, but...Kyuhyun doesn't say so. I want to believe you all, but I can't just keep dreaming like that. It's already gotten me here. I don't want it to take me any further than where I should be." 
 



Nana stepped outside. She was immediately drenched as soon as she stepped outside. She now wondered why she hadn't noticed the loud rain as it pounded outside before. It hit the pavement loudly as she walked along, cursing herself for forgetting to bring an umbrella, although her umma reminded her to. 
 
Nana felt guilty and depressed. She felt horrible for just leaving Siwon like that, but she couldn't stand being there any longer. She knew that she was crushing him inside, and the guilt was eating at her heart. It wasn't fair that she had to love Kyuhyun. Everything would've been so much easier if her heart chose Siwon. Maybe then, there would be a happy ending. But for now...the happy ending didn't exist. Kyuhyun hated her, and she just left the one guy who'd ever have feelings that sincere for her. She left her dream guy for...the fool she loved. 
 
"Ah..." She gasped, as she stretched out her arms. She extended her arms to the sky, pumping her fists in the air. "Who needs love anyway? I'm tired of all this confusing stuff! I'm an independent girl! I'm a good girl!" She shouted to the sky, sighing in relief as she finished. A huge grin broke out across her face, feeling a rush of relief.  
 
From now on...her problems decreased just a bit. Didn't that mean that she was just a few steps away to peace now? Wouldn't everything go back to normal now? Although that was only wishful thinking...it was a start. It made her feel good, so she'd keep thinking that way. 
 
She ran her fingers through her wet hair, and grinned. She suddenly heard her phone ring, breaking her from her thoughts. She jumped in surprise as the ringtone met her ears. Regaining her composure, Nana brought the phone to her ear. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" She spoke. 
 
"Is this the family of Kim ChoHee?" A male voice calmly asked. She raised an eyebrow, suspiciously, and cautiously answered. 
 
"Um...yes. I'm her daughter." 
 
"Please come to XXXXXX hospital immediately." The male voice spoke, before hanging up. Nana's eyes widened. Her jaw dropped open, and the phone fell to the ground with a 'clang', as she didn't have the strength anymore to hold it. Her body began to shake, and she collapsed to the ground. She couldn't even hold herself up anymore. Her face drained of color, as she quickly tried to urge herself to get up. 
 
Now wasn't the time to act weak. She needed to hurry. Her umma was hurt. She just couldn't sit around doing nothing. This wasn't the time to feel self pity. Her heart beat rapidly, as she picked her phone back up, and darted off towards the hospital. She fumbled with the phone in her hands, and punched in a number, although finding it difficult to do so as she ran. She called the only person she could think of right now besides her umma. The only person who could relieve some of the pain. 
 
Pick up. Pick up. Pick up. Please, pick up. 
 
"Yoboseyo?" 
 
"H-help me." She gasped in a weak voice. 
 
"Nana? Why the heck are yo-" 
 
"Just help me!" She screamed through the receiver with desperation. She could hear her tone tremble, and did everything she could to stop herself from crying. "Umma...umma's in the hospital."  
 
There was silence on the other end. Cold, serious, heart-wrenching silence, that she just couldn't stand. 
 
"I'll be there."